RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tickets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/14/21 4:06 pm    ::: Tickets Reply Reply with quote

Next week I will be traveling to Las Vegas and intend to see 2 Aces games. One problem, tickets are not yet on sale. I'm pretty sure they will go on sale before game time, but who knows?

I realize the pandemic has caused many issues but is it too much to ask that the Aces at least have some statement on their website other than single game tickets and flex plans are "Coming soon"

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/14/21 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thing are really too screwed up everywhere. Unbelievable.

I used to have to travel to some W cities for work and I always tried to time the travels to game days, and never had problems picking up tickets. Those were the days....maybe they will return when covid is in our rearview mirror.

good luck.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/14/21 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can just see a fan showing up at game times and telling the door person you they to buy a ticket....."Sorry - no one here knows how to do that on game days. You have to do it on line, in advance....."

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/14/21 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My understanding was that the Aces were only admitting season ticket holders. Check the Aces thread.

(now with spelling variations)
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/15/21 6:08 pm    ::: Re: Tickets Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Next week I will be traveling to Las Vegas and intend to see 2 Aces games. One problem, tickets are not yet on sale. I'm pretty sure they will go on sale before game time, but who knows?

I realize the pandemic has caused many issues but is it too much to ask that the Aces at least have some statement on their website other than single game tickets and flex plans are "Coming soon"

Not sure about other teams, but the Wings are only allowing previous season ticket holders to attend this season and it's capped at 1,500 people. They accepted the first 1,500 to respond within a certain time frame and cut it off after that.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/15/21 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for the information which brings me to my related point. Why don't they post this on their website, or respond to my email from more than a week ago?

SDHoops

PostPosted: 05/16/21 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Thank you for the information which brings me to my related point. Why don't they post this on their website, or respond to my email from more than a week ago?

Same, I called the Aces and was sent to an automated system. I was told I'd be responded to but it never happened. I'm going to be in town during the time of a home game

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/16/21 2:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

I'm guessing they do things a little different in Vegas. Here in Dallas, I just call my rep's personal cell number since the team first came in 2016, and bam....shit gets handled asap!!!

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/16/21 9:17 am    ::: Re: Tickets Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Not sure about other teams, but the Wings are only allowing previous season ticket holders to attend this season and it's capped at 1,500 people. They accepted the first 1,500 to respond within a certain time frame and cut it off after that.

So, DFDub, we usually only can attend about 2/3 of games and then they allow us to use the tickets to bring friends to a different game. You’ve likely done the same. Do you know if we will be able to do that this year? I’ve already been promising tix around North Texas.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/16/21 6:59 pm    ::: Re: Tickets Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

So, DFDub, we usually only can attend about 2/3 of games and then they allow us to use the tickets to bring friends to a different game. You’ve likely done the same. Do you know if we will be able to do that this year? I’ve already been promising tix around North Texas.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to do that this year. The only option they were allowing was being able to add a "single" ticket in addition to your previous season allotted amount which you normally purchase...and that single "season" ticket had to be purchased the day of them contacting you by phone so they could add it to the list of the max 1,500 allowed to attend this season!

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/17/21 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I got a response from the Las Vegas Aces. The limit on ticket sales is due to WNBA protocols which go beyond any local limitations. There was no word on when or if the protocols will change. Interesting that only a mile away the Vegas Golden Knights are selling roughly 11,000 tickets for their home games in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

So the "fan-friendly" WNBA is just allowing its fans to save money.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/21 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I got a response from the Las Vegas Aces. The limit on ticket sales is due to WNBA protocols which go beyond any local limitations. There was no word on when or if the protocols will change. Interesting that only a mile away the Vegas Golden Knights are selling roughly 11,000 tickets for their home games in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

So the "fan-friendly" WNBA is just allowing its fans to save money.

Check this post out.
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=98420&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=253

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Milks26

PostPosted: 05/18/21 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas Wings

We have a 𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 number of single-game tickets available for our home opener on Saturday Squared vs the defending champs
@seattlestorm!

Admission tickets

Call 817-469-9464 or email tickets@dallaswings.com to secure your seats before it's too late!

PostPosted: 05/18/21 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Dallas Wings

We have a 𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 number of single-game tickets available for our home opener on Saturday Squared vs the defending champs
@seattlestorm!

Admission tickets

Call 817-469-9464 or email tickets@dallaswings.com to secure your seats before it's too late!

That's because a percentage of the STH chose to rollover their seats into next year's account due to still being cautious or reluctant over covid!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: