RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 05/11/21 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good news: Stokes is done and hopefully will be available in a week.

Bad news so far: Howard's team is trailing by 14 at halftime.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The Liberty didn’t draft bigs for a reason. They didn’t retain Zahui for a reason.

They did however keep Stokes, whose main purpose is to be big and block up the middle.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/11/21 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Valerie Higgins has been waived.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Valerie Higgins has been waived.

Hopefully, that's to make room for Allen. Even if it's only a day or two sooner, it's good to have the extra practice time.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After a furious comeback, Howard's team ends up losing by 1 point. So now we have to wait until Thursday.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A 2 hours and 38 minutes press conference from yesterday. The lighting is bad and the sound is out of sync, but it's understandable. Just about everybody participates:

Hopkins
Patterson
Gemelos
Whitcomb
Clarendon
Laney
Taylor
Ionescu
Jones
Holmes
Shook
Odom
Onyenwere
Richards
Bailey
Higgins

The one disturbing note is that Hopkins acted like he had no idea when Allen is arriving. He lumped her in with Howard and Stokes. As far as I know, Bec finished playing on Thursday, May 6. ETA for me would have been a week later on Thursday, May 13. So, now I'm concerned.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MCX5SylflMw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 05/11/21 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No email link to STH tickets today.
Starting to lose patience with The Liberty.

jmvcity

PostPosted: 05/12/21 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just got an email about how to access tickets and enter the arena but still no actual tickets or seating assignment in sight. Anyone else? I imagine it's gonna be worse than the airport security check-in at the front doors this Friday.

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/12/21 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I tried to get into Account Manager. They asked me to update my password and confirm my phone number. I followed all the steps, and they responded with two emails that said they accepted my information. However, I then received an error message saying they couldn't log me in. I was provided with a phone number, but when I called all I got was a machine that offered me endless options related to the Nets. I then went back to the home page and called a number listed there. The phone literally rang ten times, but no one answered. I subsequently emailed my rep. She replied saying she would try to find me a help number that works.

And so I wait. Confused

PostPosted: 05/12/21 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NEWS: Asia Durr has been placed on the full-season suspension list (personal decision).

That would mean her salary won't count on the cap and she won't take up a roster spot.

I still hope they find a way to get her paid. Her situation is such bullshit. Virtual ambassador Durr? 🙏🏼

pilight

PostPosted: 05/12/21 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AmbAsiaDurr sounds good to me

PostPosted: 05/12/21 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Personal decision" is probably the only way the team could suspend Durr. Catching COVID during a pandemic didn't seem like a violation of her contract. Razz So, I wonder if that means she's getting Marketing Money like we theorized.

Now, it looks like NY really could get to 12 active bodies by cutting Willoughby. Let's see if the other shoe drops. However, having 10 to start would eliminate an emergency hardship player.

PostPosted: 05/12/21 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By the way, Kiah Stokes arrived back in the States today. This seems to mean that she'll be available after she quarantines for some Liberty games before eventually going back to Europe to compete in EuroBasket for Turkey.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/12/21 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joynes Holmes has been waived. Looks like Janette Bailey has also been waived, though I haven't seen that posted. On the roster (on the Liberty website), there are now 16 names:

Allen, Jasmine Bailey, Clarendon, Howard, Ionescu, Johannes, Jones, Laney, Odom, Onyenwere, Richards, Shook, Stokes, Taylor, Whitcomb, and Willoughby.

So even if Willoughby is cut and Johannes is suspended--as has been proposed or guessed here--there will have to be two other players cut once all missing players are back.

Last edited by Bob Lamm on 05/12/21 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
root_thing

PostPosted: 05/12/21 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, is that the requirement -- 6 negative tests in a row? It still keeps Stokes on my timeline, which is expected availability on Tuesday against the Lynx at home... provided she survives testing.

PostPosted: 05/12/21 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turkey named an enormous squad, which now appears to be down to 24. Including Hollingsworth as well as Stokes (and only one of them can play). So who knows what the hell's going on. I'd assume either she'd need to leave early - to earn her spot by beating out Hollingsworth - or potentially not have to go at all, if New York get lucky and Turkey decide "screw it, we'll just go with Quanitra instead".

PostPosted: 05/12/21 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoping Durr gets hooked up financially.

Kind of shocked we haven't heard anything about Johannes. Is there anything out there that suggest she is considering coming over at some point this season.

Gabby Williams was suspended by the Sky a couple of days ago and I believe Johannes is in the same boat.

I assume tomorrow we will hear what is going to happen with Willoughby, maybe with Durr's decision they will decide to carry Willoughby, and then will be down to nine without Howard and Stokes (and Johannes) and can go the hardship route

Is Stokes in NY? is it possible she is staying for the Turkey camp and will be temp suspended?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/12/21 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just looked on the WNBA website at the Transactions page. It says the following about the Liberty:

May 7th Janelle Bailey waived.

May 9th Janelle Bailey cleared waivers.

May 11th Valerie Higgins waived.

May 12th Joyner Holmes waived.

May 12th Asia Durr--Personal Decision--Full Season.

May 12th Rebecca Allen--Suspended--Partial Season

May 12th Natasha Howard--Suspended--Partial Season

May 12th Kiah Stokes--Suspended--Partial Season

In addition, various former Liberty players have been waived. I won't go through all of them. Today (5/12) Brittany Boyd-Jones was waived by Chicago.

PostPosted: 05/12/21 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yup this where we are at

Still no idea what is happening with Johannes

If a player is temp suspended can they be temp replaced?
Do temp suspended players count against the cap or do they not get paid until they arrive?

if so something like

Ionescu/Clarendon
Jones/Whitcomb/Bailey/(Johannes)
Laney/Richards/(Willoughby)
Onyenwere/Odom
Shook/Taylor

If Johannes is suspended we would be at 12 including Willoughby but minus the temp suspended players

we could keep Willoughby on the roster all season now or could still cut her. Keeping her gets us deep into replacement player territory with the suspended player/

We could also make additional cuts and go the replacement player root or make a waiver wire pick up

but we could in theory have a front-court of Onyenwere, Shook, Odom and Taylor on opening night Friday.

Last edited by J-Spoon on 05/12/21 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/12/21 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Turkey named an enormous squad, which now appears to be down to 24. Including Hollingsworth as well as Stokes (and only one of them can play). So who knows what the hell's going on. I'd assume either she'd need to leave early - to earn her spot by beating out Hollingsworth - or potentially not have to go at all, if New York get lucky and Turkey decide "screw it, we'll just go with Quanitra instead".

So Turkey's team is "down to 24"? Wow! Must be fun at practice when everyone shows up. Do they play 15 on 15? Smile

PostPosted: 05/12/21 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Just looked on the WNBA website at the Transactions page. It says the following about the Liberty:

May 7th Janelle Bailey waived.

May 9th Janelle Bailey cleared waivers.

May 11th Valerie Higgins waived.

May 12th Joyner Holmes waived.

May 12th Asia Durr--Personal Decision--Full Season.

May 12th Rebecca Allen--Suspended--Partial Season

May 12th Natasha Howard--Suspended--Partial Season

May 12th Kiah Stokes--Suspended--Partial Season

In addition, various former Liberty players have been waived. I won't go through all of them. Today (5/12) Brittany Boyd-Jones was waived by Chicago.

-- I wonder if Allen is having visa problems. Her team finished last Thursday if I remember correctly. Yet we haven't heard anything about her being in NY. Her absence along with Stokes and Howard puts an Emergency Hardship player back into the equation.

-- Johannes is a weird one. I don't see how we get Onyenwere on the roster if we don't full-year suspend Marine. Michaela makes $67k. The only slots with that much money are Johannes and Ionescu. Otherwise, they have to cut two of three from Jones, Shook, and Odom. None of those other options make sense.

-- Is Asia Taylor still on the team? Did I miss something?

PostPosted: 05/12/21 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
One of those Baileys has to be Jasmine... unless Janelle really fought back hard and we had to cut her twice. Smile

As I noted further above, the Liberty roster still has Jasmine Bailey among the 16 players listed. Of course we know that the Liberty website and the WNBA website are far from guaranteed in terms of their accuracy.

PostPosted: 05/12/21 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
root_thing wrote:
One of those Baileys has to be Jasmine... unless Janelle really fought back hard and we had to cut her twice. Smile

As I noted further above, the Liberty roster still has Jasmine Bailey among the 16 players listed. Of course we know that the Liberty website and the WNBA website are far from guaranteed in terms of their accuracy.

It was my mistake, so I removed the line. Janelle Bailey was cut, and then cleared waivers. The website is correct.

I was just too fast for you. Wink

PostPosted: 05/12/21 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
It was my mistake, so I removed the line. Janelle Bailey was cut, and then cleared waivers. The website is correct.

I was just too fast for you. Wink

I was slow even when young. Now much slower. Smile

PostPosted: 05/12/21 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So has any STH's been able to log in to Ticket Manager ?
I have had the same problem as Root Thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 33 of 69

Jump to: