RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2021 Preseason Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/11/21 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the composition of this Chicago team...but if they drop my girl Mack I may not like them as much. Razz Twisted Evil

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/11/21 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both Mitchells pretty shitty in this game.
It's gonna be a long season for Indy... (especially if they don't play Perry!) Laughing

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/11/21 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plus/minus ratings can be misleading but 3 of the 5 starters for Indiana were plus. McCowan and Vivians were both +7 and Robinson was +4. Everyone else
on the Fever was negative

pilight

PostPosted: 05/11/21 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Plus/minus ratings can be misleading

I always think of this game, which the Merc won in OT despite all five starters being minus, as the best example of that.

https://stats.wnba.com/game/1040900301/

I guarantee you nobody who saw it thought Nicole Ohlde was pivotal to the win despite her +/-

PostPosted: 05/11/21 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I like the composition of this Chicago team...but if they drop my girl Mack I may not like them as much. Razz Twisted Evil

I'd be surprise if Mack makes the team

PostPosted: 05/11/21 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VwizX51bWGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/11/21 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

pretty obviously not. Which IMO is too bad. She outperformed Collier every time they met, but did not get the opportunity that Collier got in the W going to a team that has no choice but to use her. Well, life isn't always fair. Hopefully she gets a good gig overseas and another opportunity here next year.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/11/21 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Vivians will be the solution to the Fever's SF problem.

She has had two very solid preseason games.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/11/21 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

pretty obviously not. Which IMO is too bad. She outperformed Collier every time they met, but did not get the opportunity that Collier got in the W going to a team that has no choice but to use her. Well, life isn't always fair. Hopefully she gets a good gig overseas and another opportunity here next year.

Yeah, Collier got lucky cause she ran into the W to cut off all those great players that would've been in front of her in the 2022 draft. Any ho, Mack would've been a beast on the board for Dallas if they had lower draft picks. I still see her making it to the W one day. Maybe expansion or roster size we'll improve by then to.

PostPosted: 05/12/21 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do we know at all why Lauren Cox and Aaliyah Wilson were inactive for both of the Fever's preseason games?

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/12/21 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Yeah, Collier got lucky cause she ran into the W to cut off all those great players that would've been in front of her in the 2022 draft. Any ho, Mack would've been a beast on the board for Dallas if they had lower draft picks. I still see her making it to the W one day. Maybe expansion or roster size we'll improve by then to.

How about Washington? Admittedly, I haven't been paying attention to them, but it looks like McCall, Plaisance, and Alleyne are still on the roster. It depends on what Mike T is looking for. If Thibault wants defense and rebounding, Mack is a better choice. She's in that LaToya Pringle (Lara Sanders)/Brianna Turner mode of quick, skinny complementary posts who aren't scorers but can defend and rebound. Mike loved LaToya. Mack could be version 2.0.

PostPosted: 05/12/21 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if this was the case for all the players who sat out but some of the players who were with their teams were still unavailable to play because of COVID protocols. Megan Walker was at the Mercury/Storm game on the 8th but didn't play because she had not cleared the COVID wait period after returning from Europe.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/12/21 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
I don't know if this was the case for all the players who sat out but some of the players who were with their teams were still unavailable to play because of COVID protocols. Megan Walker was at the Mercury/Storm game on the 8th but didn't play because she had not cleared the COVID wait period after returning from Europe.

Cox has been training with the Fever this whole time. Wilson meanwhile is a true rookie, so I don't think she's been abroad recently. My guess was vaccination recovery (I see Gondrezick returned & played fine), which, better to do it now in the preseason than later, but it'd be nice if fans were kept it the loop – particularly about Cox, considering she's one of the franchise's faces (well, at least she should be Confused ).

ucbart

PostPosted: 05/12/21 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I absolutely love Vivians game and always have. She is quick, she can shoot, and she can defend on the perimeter. Her ACL tear obviously set her back, but I really hope she can break out this season. I think she could be such a great player.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/12/21 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
but it'd be nice if fans were kept it the loop – particularly about Cox, considering she's one of the franchise's faces (well, at least she should be Confused ).

Cox is kind of fragile, considering her medical background. And really am curious why do you think she should be a 'face' of the franchise? I actually don't think she will turn out to be a great player. She could prove me wrong of course. I would take McCowan, VViv and maybe KMitch over her as 'faces'.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/12/21 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I absolutely love Vivians game and always have. She is quick, she can shoot, and she can defend on the perimeter. Her ACL tear obviously set her back, but I really hope she can break out this season. I think she could be such a great player.

me too.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/12/21 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
but it'd be nice if fans were kept it the loop – particularly about Cox, considering she's one of the franchise's faces (well, at least she should be Confused ).

Cox is kind of fragile, considering her medical background. And really am curious why do you think she should be a 'face' of the franchise? I actually don't think she will turn out to be a great player. She could prove me wrong of course. I would take McCowan, VViv and maybe KMitch over her as 'faces'.

Yeah, no idea where she'd get that power from. Many others should be ahead of her

PostPosted: 05/12/21 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Yeah, no idea where she'd get that power from. Many others should be ahead of her

A) Indiana drafted her over a Chennedy Carter who was a consensus WNBA-ready player with serious potential to be impactful – and they even didn't overdraft Cox either when you consider everyone's reactions the Fever picking Cox last year vs. picking Gondrezick this year in the two respective lotteries – so they must take Cox somewhat seriously. That's at least one reason why they should consider her a face of the franchise.

B) Cox had covid/covid-related issues early on in the shortened season, which imo held her back both physically getting back into basketball form and mentally with regards to getting up to speed with knowing the Fever's plays. I'd be willing to give her a do-over rookie year – although being inexplicably inactive for the two preseason games admittedly isn't a great sign, health-wise. Though if her absences were super serious, am I naïve to think they'd make an announcement about it? (Perhaps.)

C) IMO Cox has good size, good frame, a decent face-up game that could be better but isn't bad, and all the tools to be a good defender. I've said before that she reminds me just a little bit of another Lauren. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: