RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ranking the top 25 WNBA players for 2021

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/10/21 12:22 pm    ::: Ranking the top 25 WNBA players for 2021 Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/31417415

Quote:
24. Chennedy Carter

PostPosted: 05/10/21 1:33 pm    ::: Re: Ranking the top 25 WNBA players for 2021 Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/31417415

Quote:
24. Chennedy Carter

Sorry. I love Jonquel buy she shouldn't be higher than Cambage or BG. Not yet anyway.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 05/10/21 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kia Nurse and Charli Collier received votes? Shocked Shocked Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes

pilight

PostPosted: 05/10/21 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My first thought was that Bonner is way too high and a healthy McCoughtry should be much higher

PostPosted: 05/10/21 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Kia Nurse and Charli Collier received votes? Shocked Shocked Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes

Collier's glaringly ludicrous, but it does get a bit of a stretch once you're down as far as 25. I've looked into trying to organise a #WNBARank in the past, and it's surprising how quickly it drops off into 'good' players rather than 'great' or anything close to 'star'.

PostPosted: 05/10/21 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ionescu not in the top 25? Shocked

PostPosted: 05/10/21 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They certainly made some choices there...

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/10/21 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Ionescu not in the top 25? Shocked

yeah, should be inspiration for her....

mercfan

PostPosted: 05/10/21 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:

Collier's glaringly ludicrous, but it does get a bit of a stretch once you're down as far as 25. I've looked into trying to organise a #WNBARank in the past, and it's surprising how quickly it drops off into 'good' players rather than 'great' or anything close to 'star'.

Page clicks. The top draft pick has always been a heavy promotional point of emphasis for the W in preseason. This was the best they could do this year. Wink

I can say with certainty that I would never take DeShields over Gray. Ever.

This list is bittersweet for me. It's so nice to say hello to new faces and the league has such an exciting future. At the same time, the writing is on the wall for a changing of the guard. This is definitely the lowest Bird, Taurasi, Fowles, McCoughtry, and Charles have ranked on a list like this. Not to mention missing names like Whalen, Moore, Augustus, Pondexter, Catchings (all for obvious reasons) makes me reminiscent of the early 2010's when I really fell in love with the league.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/10/21 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:

Collier being above , Diana , Bg , Liz is just ridiculous. Yes she does a lot for that team but in no shape or form if you replaced her with any of those 3 players would that team be better Laughing Laughing

When i read this i feel as though the OP is stating she's the 6th best player in the league and i cannot agree. She's Top 25 , but Not #6 .

PostPosted: 05/10/21 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:

Collier being above , Diana , Bg , Liz is just ridiculous. Yes she does a lot for that team but in no shape or form if you replaced her with any of those 3 players would that team be better Laughing Laughing

When i read this i feel as though the OP is stating she's the 6th best player in the league and i cannot agree. She's Top 25 , but Not #6 .

I agree... putting Charli Collier above those players would be insane. Good thing she only was in the "others receiving votes".

As far as Napheesa, she's pretty much right where she deserves to be based upon her performance. Kevin Pelton lays out why perfectly.

PostPosted: 05/10/21 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:

I agree... putting Charli Collier above those players would be insane. Good thing she only was in the "others receiving votes".

As far as Napheesa, she's pretty much right where she deserves to be based upon her performance. Kevin Pelton lays out why perfectly.

Thank you! Reading through this thread, was wondering when someone would set the Collier record straight here. Napheesa has been competing at POY finalist level. Charli Collier has yet to play a game, but #1 picks usually receive votes.

~rAf
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/10/21 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

my list just for fun 25 (really 30) no rookies

1. Stewart
2. Wilson
3. N. Ogwumike
4. Cambage
5. EDD
6. N. Collier
7. Sloot
8. Ogunbowale
9. Parker
10. Bonner
11. Charles
12. Griner
13. Howard
14. Taurasi
15. J. Jones
16. Diggins-Smith
17. Ch. Gray
18. Carter
19. S. Sabally
20. Ionescu
21. Ch. Parker
22. Deshields
23. Loyd
24. K. Mitchell
25. Hayes or Sykes or Laney or McBride or or Plum or C. Williams

Shades

PostPosted: 05/11/21 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m guessing a ranking for 2021 is projecting how well a player will do in 2021, not based on what they’ve done up to 2021.

Any players missing games out of the gate or during the season for other obligations should be knocked down at least a few spots from where you’d normally rank them. Players like NCollier, McBride, Howard, Delle Donne, etc.

All it takes to be among “others receiving votes” is one person voting a player at #25. So if CCollier manages to latch onto a starting spot and keeps it, is it that outrageous if one person out of the six panel members projects her to be a Top 25 player? It might be a bit of a stretch but not outrageous.

Myisha Hines-Allen is the outrageous one for me. With Charles there, you’d have to project Delle Donne to be out for the season AND Meesseman deciding not to come over at all to even think about projecting her at #25.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: