RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Academic All-America

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 28918



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/21 3:10 pm    ::: Academic All-America Reply Reply with quote

By region.
some interesting names.

https://academicallamerica.com/documents/2021/5/6//Acad_BasketW_2020_21.pdf?id=3169


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16264
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/21 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know why I'm amused at the 4 Lewises on the District 4 team, but I am.



_________________
"The plan is insane. You are insane… I'll need some pants."
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6887
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/21 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Hull twins have twin GPAs of 3.92 at Attila the Tree (demoted from Genghis Tree due to the departure of Kiana Williams).
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 2104
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/21 8:12 pm    ::: Re: Academic All-America Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
By region.
some interesting names.

https://academicallamerica.com/documents/2021/5/6//Acad_BasketW_2020_21.pdf?id=3169


What an interesting major for Cunane.


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16264
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/21 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
The Hull twins have twin GPAs of 3.92 at Attila the Tree (demoted from Genghis Tree due to the departure of Kiana Williams).


I like how their majors are sort of complementary. One designs, the other manufactures.



_________________
"The plan is insane. You are insane… I'll need some pants."
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13623
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/21 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mighta missed some, but it appears that there were only 2 SEC players (Boston and Lewis from AL). Lots from Pac 12 and Big 12. hmmmm....



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 2104
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/21 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I mighta missed some, but it appears that there were only 2 SEC players (Boston and Lewis from AL). Lots from Pac 12 and Big 12. hmmmm....


Well, no schools, except for Vandy, are exactly academic juggernauts in the SEC.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6379
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/21 11:19 am    ::: Re: Academic All-America Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
myrtle wrote:
By region.
some interesting names.

https://academicallamerica.com/documents/2021/5/6//Acad_BasketW_2020_21.pdf?id=3169


What an interesting major for Cunane.


Similar to what my grandson is considering. He's starting out in Environmental science and wants something where he'll be working outdoors. (He'll be on a D-II football Scholarship at Wheeling.)



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6379
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/21 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:
I mighta missed some, but it appears that there were only 2 SEC players (Boston and Lewis from AL). Lots from Pac 12 and Big 12. hmmmm....


Well, no schools, except for Vandy, are exactly academic juggernauts in the SEC.


There are still individual departments that are really good. Kellie Harper was a math major and I think she was an Academic AA, and Kara Lawson majored in Finance, IIRC, and I believe was also an Academic AA, both from Tennessee.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin