RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Question(s) about Adia Barnes & Race
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 62958
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/21 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The real question is why it is necessary to report an ethnicity on a birth certificate



_________________
The power of the police to fulfill their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behavior, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect
Luuuc
#NATC


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 20880



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/21 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The real question is why it is necessary to report an ethnicity on a birth certificate

That was certainly my first question!



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13623
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/21 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The real question is why it is necessary to report an ethnicity on a birth certificate


Well, DUHHH....in the event one can't tell a kid's race/ethnicity visually, how on earth can they ever be pigeon-holed?? One needs written proof.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
bcdawg04



Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 447
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/21 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
The real question is why it is necessary to report an ethnicity on a birth certificate


Well, DUHHH....in the event one can't tell a kid's race/ethnicity visually, how on earth can they ever be pigeon-holed?? One needs written proof.


You can't tell someone's ethnicity by looking at them. You may or may not be able to identify someone's race by looking at them.

I'm sure there was a reason when they started including race on one's birth certificate. Probably not a good a reason.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13623
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/21 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
The real question is why it is necessary to report an ethnicity on a birth certificate


Well, DUHHH....in the event one can't tell a kid's race/ethnicity visually, how on earth can they ever be pigeon-holed?? One needs written proof.


You can't tell someone's ethnicity by looking at them. You may or may not be able to identify someone's race by looking at them.

I'm sure there was a reason when they started including race on one's birth certificate. Probably not a good a reason.


(you....DO realize I was being sardonic? Razz )



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
bcdawg04



Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 447
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/21 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, I got your point, and I agree about our desire to pigeon-hole people based on race. Did you get my point? It's that race and ethnicity are not synonyms.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13623
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/11/21 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep. But....those who might think as I was projecting most likely would NOT discern the diff. Very Happy



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6568



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/21 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Details of her contract extension.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2021/5/5/22420317/adia-barnes-contract-arizona-wildcats-womens-basketball-salary-extension-compare-reasons



_________________
"The biggest antidote to his poison is the vote.” — Nancy Pelosi

"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin