RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lindsey Harding ready to lead South Sudan charge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 05/04/21 10:19 pm    ::: Lindsey Harding ready to lead South Sudan charge Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
There is a new wave sweeping across Africa as more women take up lead coaching roles on court. Lindsey Harding is the new South Sudan women's head coach in the "new normal" movement.

Harding's appointment follows Cote d'Ivoire's Christelle N'Garsanet who became the first Africa-born former female player named head coach of a national team on the continent.

Quote:
Last month, Awak Kuier was the number two draft pick in the 2021 WNBA Draft and will be plying her trade at Dallas Wings. Kuier, who was born in Egypt to South Sudanese parents moved to Finland with her parents at the age of two...

"I know there are many more Awaks in this country. We have to expand our reach throughout South Sudan. People need to know that women playing professional basketball is an option," Harding explained further.

https://boxscorenews.com/lindsey-harding-ready-to-lead-south-sudan-charge-p160567-240.htm

PostPosted: 05/05/21 12:26 pm    ::: Re: Lindsey Harding ready to lead South Sudan charge Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Quote:
There is a new wave sweeping across Africa as more women take up lead coaching roles on court. Lindsey Harding is the new South Sudan women's head coach in the "new normal" movement.

Harding's appointment follows Cote d'Ivoire's Christelle N'Garsanet who became the first Africa-born former female player named head coach of a national team on the continent.

Quote:
Last month, Awak Kuier was the number two draft pick in the 2021 WNBA Draft and will be plying her trade at Dallas Wings. Kuier, who was born in Egypt to South Sudanese parents moved to Finland with her parents at the age of two...

"I know there are many more Awaks in this country. We have to expand our reach throughout South Sudan. People need to know that women playing professional basketball is an option," Harding explained further.

https://boxscorenews.com/lindsey-harding-ready-to-lead-south-sudan-charge-p160567-240.htm

From the article, it is Lindsey's continued relationship with Luol Deng, head of South Sudanese basketball that led to her appt as S.Sudan wbb national team coach. Lindsey and Luol attended Duke at the same time.

~rAf
root_thing

PostPosted: 05/05/21 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Honestly, what caught my attention was the mention of Christelle N'Garsanet. She was a 3rd Round pick of the Liberty in 2006. I don't remember why now, but I used to like her.

PostPosted: 05/05/21 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Honestly, what caught my attention was the mention of Christelle N'Garsanet. She was a 3rd Round pick of the Liberty in 2006. I don't remember why now, but I used to like her.

I read that pull quote, hit her name, and mentally yelled, "KIKI!! Very Happy" so I know how you feel. She was one of those players never called on to do a lot, but did what she was asked to do in her limited minutes. (And also provided translation services for Emilie Gomis during season subscriber events.)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: