RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs 2020-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/23/21 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, Raoul doesn't have it yet (why not, buddy?) but apparently 6'1 F Rayne Tucker is transferring from JMU to CAA rival Towson. She's from New Carrolton, MD, so closer to home for her. I don't know what precipitated that unless it was the knee injury. I expect some bad feelings when she shows up at the AUBC, but I could be wrong.

She will, however, be replaced by incoming transfer from GA State, 6'1 Taylor Hosendove. Taylor played in only one game last year, not sure why, and prior to that went to Clemson. I'm wondering if the new NCAA transfer rule pertains here.

PostPosted: 04/23/21 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mulkey 'the mask' is not going anywhere.

But, if she does with the hiring of Johnnie at Auburn the SEC will be the top of food chain in WBB.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/23/21 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Mulkey 'the mask' is not going anywhere.

But, if she does with the hiring of Johnnie at Auburn the SEC will be the top of food chain in WBB.

Wrong thread!

PostPosted: 04/23/21 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Ariyah Copeland just transferred again! First from Alabama to LSU a few weeks back, and now to Arizona! If Mulkey is actually going to LSU, seems interesting to transfer out a day before it's supposedly going to be announced.

Also, Aaliyah Patty from OSU to Texas A&M.

I doubt very highly that Mulkey will leave Baylor. I think any rumor mill of her leaving is established by her agent to incite salary increases. Mulkey has a history of enjoying watered down schedules, and being the Queen of the hill in the Big-12 WBB realm.

I highly doubt she will leave what she has established to join a highly competitive WBB conference where she will struggle to have that kind of attention again.....

If I'm not wrong, she has an equal amount of National Championships to all the current SEC coaches combined. She would immediately be the biggest coaching rival to Dawn in the SEC. I just don't see how attention around her would suddenly shrink. I'm very skeptical of this myself, but I do think there's some factors that could be creating a perfect storm.

1. There is a validity to heading home aspect
2. It could just be a ploy to get Baylor to place the new Fieldhouse where she wants it. With the men's program now a champion program, maybe her influence at Baylor is on the decline.

If both of these things are true, heading to your home state, where you are a legend, and being treated as such, might just be the route for her. Once again, highly doubt it, but it would not just shock me if it ended up being true.

PostPosted: 04/23/21 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Ariyah Copeland just transferred again! First from Alabama to LSU a few weeks back, and now to Arizona! If Mulkey is actually going to LSU, seems interesting to transfer out a day before it's supposedly going to be announced.

Also, Aaliyah Patty from OSU to Texas A&M.

I doubt very highly that Mulkey will leave Baylor. I think any rumor mill of her leaving is established by her agent to incite salary increases. Mulkey has a history of enjoying watered down schedules, and being the Queen of the hill in the Big-12 WBB realm.

I highly doubt she will leave what she has established to join a highly competitive WBB conference where she will struggle to have that kind of attention again.....

If I'm not wrong, she has an equal amount of National Championships to all the current SEC coaches combined. She would immediately be the biggest coaching rival to Dawn in the SEC. I just don't see how attention around her would suddenly shrink. I'm very skeptical of this myself, but I do think there's some factors that could be creating a perfect storm.

1. There is a validity to heading home aspect
2. It could just be a ploy to get Baylor to place the new Fieldhouse where she wants it. With the men's program now a champion program, maybe her influence at Baylor is on the decline.

If both of these things are true, heading to your home state, where you are a legend, and being treated as such, might just be the route for her. Once again, highly doubt it, but it would not just shock me if it ended up being true.

PostPosted: 04/24/21 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lasha Petree - Bradley -> Rutgers

Aquira DeCosta - LMU -> Sacramento State. Potentially a great get for Mark Campbell IF she's healthy.

Angel Jackson in the portal from USC.

Niyah Becker - Utah -> Wake Forest

PostPosted: 04/24/21 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Syracuse Freshmen Center Kamilla Cardoso In the Portal now as well , that leaves coach Q with not 1 single player from his roster last season . Word is she's headed to Either UCONN or Auburn...stay tuned to this orange mess Sad

Where, oh where, will Cardoso end up? Inquiring minds want to know...

~rAf
ClayK

PostPosted: 04/24/21 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Syracuse Freshmen Center Kamilla Cardoso In the Portal now as well , that leaves coach Q with not 1 single player from his roster last season . Word is she's headed to Either UCONN or Auburn...stay tuned to this orange mess Sad

Wherever she wants ...

PostPosted: 04/24/21 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Aquira DeCosta - LMU -> Sacramento State. Potentially a great get for Mark Campbell IF she's healthy.

I've lost track of this child. What year is she in....she's gotta be a senior. I remember when she started at Baylor, but....she's traveled a bit. Good Luck to her!

PostPosted: 04/24/21 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taylor Valladay is transferring from Marquette to Virginia. She had played two seasons at Marquette.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/24/21 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

I've lost track of this child. What year is she in....she's gotta be a senior. I remember when she started at Baylor, but....she's traveled a bit. Good Luck to her!

DeCosta transferred from Baylor to Loyola Marymount, but I'm not sure she ever played there. She apparently has had mental health issues, including being hospitalized on suicide watch a year ago. Maybe someone with Twitter expertise can make more of this than I can:

https://twitter.com/d1_shiftteam/status/1249337483629744128
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/25/21 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Howee wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

DeCosta transferred from Baylor to Loyola Marymount, but I'm not sure she ever played there. She apparently has had mental health issues, including being hospitalized on suicide watch a year ago. Maybe someone with Twitter expertise can make more of this than I can:

https://twitter.com/d1_shiftteam/status/1249337483629744128

We should feel bad for the kid, not point fingers at her, if that is true. Mental health is fragile in some people, and she was really in the spotlight a few years ago. Playing in a high-profile program like Baylor is hard for someone who is fragile. Sometimes, the person thinks a "geographical cure" may help. I just hope she gets the help she needs. Maybe this program and this coach will be a good fit.

And no, I'm not accusing you of pointing fingers, Glenn.

PostPosted: 04/25/21 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Wherever she wants ...

Yup, I think Cardoso is one of the top 5 biggest transfers of all time. I have watched almost every Syarcuse game this past year, she is going to be a top center in the world in 8 years.

Durantula

PostPosted: 04/25/21 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
ClayK wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Wherever she wants ...

Yup, I think Cardoso is one of the top 5 biggest transfers of all time. I have watched almost every Syarcuse game this past year, she is going to be a top center in the world in 8 years.

Really? I couldn't see enough because Syracuse guards just chucked up so many 3's but she mostly scored off easy put backs or just drop off passes in the paint. Did she show that much in terms of low post moves? Maybe she has them and it was more a system thing that we didn't see it. Also how is her perimeter shot? Does she take much and did she make them at a respectable percentage? She has a ton of upside but Syracuse has unique style which makes it tougher to get a good feel for her game. Even on defense they play zone, I'd love to see how she does hedging screens in a man to man because I think she'd be great at it.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/25/21 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
ucbart wrote:
ClayK wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Wherever she wants ...

Really? I couldn't see enough because Syracuse guards just chucked up so many 3's but she mostly scored off easy put backs or just drop off passes in the paint. Did she show that much in terms of low post moves? Maybe she has them and it was more a system thing that we didn't see it. Also how is her perimeter shot? Does she take much and did she make them at a respectable percentage? She has a ton of upside but Syracuse has unique style which makes it tougher to get a good feel for her game. Even on defense they play zone, I'd love to see how she does hedging screens in a man to man because I think she'd be great at it.

She has three things-

1. She moves very well for her size.
2. She has great hands.
3. She has very, very good footwork.

When she announced she was going to Syracuse I was like, "hmmmmmm-that is such a ball dominant, guard oriented offense, I just don't see how that will work." Well, I was right. However, she was still ACC FOY & DPOY and they used her, and Engstler for that matter, completely the wrong way.

If she goes to a team that can develop post players, like UCONN or now LSU, she will be dominant in college.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/25/21 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Also how is her perimeter shot? Does she take much and did she make them at a respectable percentage?

I believe she attempted one 3 all season (....and missed that). It's great to have a Big that can do that [see: Sedona Prince, Ashten Prechtel], but that can come with time, too.

PostPosted: 04/25/21 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kardoso might not be the most skilled at this point, but her athleticism / speed / fluidity is insane. For a player roughly Teaira McCowan's size, she's 20-30% quicker in the open court, and a much more explosive and agile leaper / rebounder / shot blocker. She's going to be great wherever she ends up...and in the pros...and as Brazil's superstar down the line. I agree with Bart that she is that good.

PostPosted: 04/26/21 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

North Dakota F’ing Hawks pick up grad transfer from Texas Tech. 5”10 Andrayah Adams, originally out of Minneapolis who spent 2 years at St Johns before transferring to Play for Stollings at Texas Tech. Over 16 games in two years she averaged about 8.7 points. Only played two games this past season before Joining the exodus from Lubbock. Could be a solid pick up for Coach Mallory.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 04/26/21 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s a very good get for North Dakota. I watched Adams in high school and AAU, and I thought she had a lot of talent. I don’t think she was used well, at least compared to her high school abilities.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/26/21 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon's Taylor Mikesell has entered the transfer portal.

Quote:
The Massillon, Ohio native is the third player to transfer from the Ducks this offseason, joining fellow guards Taylor Chavez and Jaz Shelley, who left for Arizona and Nebraska, respectively, earlier this month.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/26/21 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Quote:
The Massillon, Ohio native is the third player to transfer from the Ducks this offseason, joining fellow guards Taylor Chavez and Jaz Shelley, who left for Arizona and Nebraska, respectively, earlier this month.

Interesting.... I hope she finds consisting in her shooting stroke again! Her confidence suffered this year. To me, it seemed like Graves expected her to do more than just shoot yet simultaneously didn't trust her to do more than just shoot.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 04/26/21 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

Mikesell started out at Maryland. Her being from Ohio, I wonder is she'll come back to the Midwest.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/26/21 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
Mikesell started out at Maryland. Her being from Ohio, I wonder is she'll come back to the Midwest.

Odd. Much like Destiny Slocum: starts at MD, heads out to Oregon St., then goes for 3rd option. Shocked

PostPosted: 04/26/21 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
PG4ever wrote:

Odd. Much like Destiny Slocum: starts at MD, heads out to Oregon St., then goes for 3rd option. Shocked

I was going to make that point too! Let's just wait and see if Shakira Austin enters the portal next. Wink

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/26/21 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn player transferring: Autumn Chassion, a walk-on freshman who is reportedly a top academic student. She was a high school valedictorian in Lafayette, Louisiana, who turned down multiple low-level Division I offers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19

Jump to: