RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Miss State Currently.......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can McCray sustain the championship culture for MSST?
Contender
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Pretender
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
Fyreeeeeee Nikki & Nikki LOL
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 26

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/09/21 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Oh, Nikki, what have you done? šŸ˜£

Itā€™s like using dynamite to save the Titanic

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 04/09/21 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:
Oops , my mistake , I guess I assumed Madison Hayes was part of this group .

Take away the ā€œMā€ in ā€œMadisonā€, and I suppose she couldā€™ve been...

So it's one outgoing Hayes guard and three incoming Hayes guards - i'm getting a little dizzy .

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/09/21 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iggy Allen is in the portal maybe she can head back to Starkville. Sheā€™s in the portal. Was at Missipp State for two years, then was at Miami for two years (redshirted year one) then this last year was a FAU as a grad .

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/09/21 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

X____________

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

PostPosted: 04/09/21 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

X____________

I hope she enjoys having Daddy Hayes breathing down her neck all the time. You thought DDS had a stage dad!

PostPosted: 04/09/21 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ClayK wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

X____________

I hope she enjoys having Daddy Hayes breathing down her neck all the time. You thought DDS had a stage dad!

I have no idea why there is so much negativity about the Hayes sisters, nor have I seen any evidence that anyone really knows anything about their family dynamics.

This article makes it clear that the Hayes sisters are very excited about playing together and for coach McCray, and that the feeling is mutual.

Quote:
The last time sisters Anastasia, Aislynn and Alasia Hayes played basketball together was in 2017 when they helped Riverdale win its second of three consecutive state championships in Tennessee.

Quote:
"The reason I chose Mississippi State is simple," Alasia Hayes, who joined Notre Dame before opting out before the season started, told the Daily News Journal. "I want to win a national championship, and I know it's possible to do, especially with (Nikki McCray-Penson) coaching me. I know she is going to make me a better player."

Quote:
"I have a great relationship with (McCray-Person) and I believe she will help me become the player that I know I can be," Anastasia Hayes told the DNJ. "But what excites me the most is that I get to play college basketball with not just one of my little sisters, but two of them. It's such a blessing and very special."

Quote:
"What gets me excited about playing for (McCray-Person) is that she will push me to my limits, but she will still treat me like I am one of her own," Alasia Hayes said. "I am so blessed and thankful God has opened this opportunity for me, and it is simply just a bonus that I get to experience this with my two older sisters."

I think its pretty exciting, too, and look forward to watching Miss. St. a lot more now than I did a few days ago. It will surely be a mighty mite lineup if all three sisters are in the lineup at the same time.
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/09/21 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nobody's mentioned it, but they also landed JerKaila Jordan, a 5-9 shooting guard who was the unanimous FoY in the AAC at Tulane last season.

They have a ton of guards (9 players 5-10 or under) and only 3 players over 6-0. Not very balanced, tiny on the perimeter. They'll struggle defensively with all the star SFs in the SEC (Howard, Burrell, Lavender, Blackwell) over 6-0, and also with teams with depth in the post.

PostPosted: 04/09/21 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
ClayK wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

X____________

I have no idea why there is so much negativity about the Hayes sisters, nor have I seen any evidence that anyone really knows anything about their family dynamics.

This article makes it clear that the Hayes sisters are very excited about playing together and for coach McCray, and that the feeling is mutual.

Quote:
The last time sisters Anastasia, Aislynn and Alasia Hayes played basketball together was in 2017 when they helped Riverdale win its second of three consecutive state championships in Tennessee.

Quote:
"The reason I chose Mississippi State is simple," Alasia Hayes, who joined Notre Dame before opting out before the season started, told the Daily News Journal. "I want to win a national championship, and I know it's possible to do, especially with (Nikki McCray-Penson) coaching me. I know she is going to make me a better player."

Quote:
"I have a great relationship with (McCray-Person) and I believe she will help me become the player that I know I can be," Anastasia Hayes told the DNJ. "But what excites me the most is that I get to play college basketball with not just one of my little sisters, but two of them. It's such a blessing and very special."

Quote:
"What gets me excited about playing for (McCray-Person) is that she will push me to my limits, but she will still treat me like I am one of her own," Alasia Hayes said. "I am so blessed and thankful God has opened this opportunity for me, and it is simply just a bonus that I get to experience this with my two older sisters."

I think its pretty exciting, too, and look forward to watching Miss. St. a lot more now than I did a few days ago. It will surely be a mighty mite lineup if all three sisters are in the lineup at the same time.

The negativity has to do with their stage dad, which most people in Tennessee know about. You, being a non-Tennessean, must have missed this part. He puts DeLino DeShields to shame. When Anastasia was being recruited, he announced that whoever got her would get them all. Annie chose Tennessee. She went there acting like she could do anything she wanted and her **** didn't stink, if you will excuse the phraseology. Daddy was in the stands every game, loudly commenting on Holly's every move, especially when she didn't play Darling Daughter. And OMG, when Holly dared to discipline her! She finally had to, of course, and suspended her for an undisclosed offense. Daddy swooped down and removed Darling Daughter from the premises and announced that there would be no more Hayes sisters at Tennessee....mostly to the great relief of everyone...and eventually off to MTSU went Miss Annie, trailing (eventually) sister Aislynn in her path. Alasia got independent and went to Notre Dame, but it looks like daddy has reeled her back in too. I don't envy Nikki in the least.

PostPosted: 04/09/21 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not just Daddy summertime - Mama's in the thick of it to.

PostPosted: 04/10/21 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

I'm sure she is, or she wouldn't put up with daddy. That whole family makes the DeShields look normal.

PostPosted: 04/10/21 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

I'm sure she is, or she wouldn't put up with daddy. That whole family makes the DeShields look normal.

X__________

Actually, I always thought Kaela Davis' parents were higher on the overbearing scale than the DeShields -- in fact, I don't recall saying much about DDS' family, but that doesn't mean I didn't.

PostPosted: 04/10/21 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

X__________

Actually, I always thought Kaela Davis' parents were higher on the overbearing scale than the DeShields -- in fact, I don't recall saying much about DDS' family, but that doesn't mean I didn't.

Because you weren't around Tennessee. That's all.

PostPosted: 04/10/21 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How would you feel if you were a player at MSU and Mama Hayes was tweeting that the "A-team" had arrived to win some games? "Praise God." Between the yelling at the HC and tweeting stuff critical of everyone involved, neither parent showed any insight regarding their interactions with the coaches or other players. This stuff reportedly caused a fair amount of friction on the team at Tenn. I don't see a lot of team bonding in MSU's future.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/10/21 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
How would you feel if you were a player at MSU and Mama Hayes was tweeting that the "A-team" had arrived to win some games? "Praise God." Between the yelling at the HC and tweeting stuff critical of everyone involved, neither parent showed any insight regarding their interactions with the coaches or other players. This stuff reportedly caused a fair amount of friction on the team at Tenn. I don't see a lot of team bonding in MSU's future.

I predict it's gonna be hell. And may mean Nikki's career being short-lived there.

PostPosted: 04/10/21 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ClayK wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

X__________

I always suspected something was up with DeShields and her clan. On fire at North Carolina, she upped and left, then unstable in Tenn. I will always maintain that Tenn had the team to win the natty the year they made it to the Elite 8. But, sh*t was keeping them from truly jelling.

PostPosted: 04/11/21 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
ClayK wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

X__________

I always suspected something was up with DeShields and her clan. On fire at North Carolina, she upped and left, then unstable in Tenn. I will always maintain that Tenn had the team to win the natty the year they made it to the Elite 8. But, sh*t was keeping them from truly jelling.

i think she actually tried at UT. She still refers to herself as #LVFL (Lady Vol For Life). But her dad would sit behind the bench and yell at Holly, and he tweeted stuff at her during and after the game, criticizing her coaching...some of which was totally unjustified. Her brother also gave DDS a white Mercedes for her birthday, which kind of set her apart from the other players, and that didn't help a lot. It was an uncomfortable situation and may have contributed to her leaving early. (BTW, she was a good student and did get her degree early.)

PostPosted: 04/11/21 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
ClayK wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

X__________

i think she actually tried at UT. She still refers to herself as #LVFL (Lady Vol For Life). But her dad would sit behind the bench and yell at Holly, and he tweeted stuff at her during and after the game, criticizing her coaching...some of which was totally unjustified. Her brother also gave DDS a white Mercedes for her birthday, which kind of set her apart from the other players, and that didn't help a lot. It was an uncomfortable situation and may have contributed to her leaving early. (BTW, she was a good student and did get her degree early.)

Oh, I didn't know all this inside stuff. Well, she came from money. Dad played professional ball - bro still did. I'm sure it was not meant to cause friction amongst the team but, humans - especially the young are jealous by nature. He was at that many home games? I thought they leaved in Georgia? That man had too much time on his hands.

I think those same issues exist in Chicago with Diamond. Attitude problem. She and Tea Cooper who had her own issues at Tenn and SC are bffs after all.

Last edited by Milks26 on 04/12/21 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total
ucbart

PostPosted: 04/12/21 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
ClayK wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

X__________

It completely shocks me that, DeLino, a professional athlete, who knows what locker rooms and team culture could be like with a parent like that, would act that way.

As for MSU, I feel bad for McCray, she is just in a no-win situation there. StarkVegas is about to get really exciting though.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/12/21 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i think she actually tried at UT. She still refers to herself as #LVFL (Lady Vol For Life). But her dad would sit behind the bench and yell at Holly, and he tweeted stuff at her during and after the game, criticizing her coaching...some of which was totally unjustified. Her brother also gave DDS a white Mercedes for her birthday, which kind of set her apart from the other players, and that didn't help a lot. It was an uncomfortable situation and may have contributed to her leaving early. (BTW, she was a good student and did get her degree early.)[/quote]

Oh, I didn't know all this inside stuff. Well, she came from money. Dad played professional ball - bro still did. I'm sure it was not meant to cause friction amongst the team but, humans - especially the young are jealous by nature. He was at that many home games? I thought they leaved in Georgia? That man had too much time on his hands.

I think those same issues exist in Chicago with Diamond. Attitude problem. She and Tea Cooper who had her own issues at Tenn and SC are bffs after all.[/quote]

DeShields' live in Atlanta (burbs, probably Buckhead area), which is just a whoop and a holler down I-75 from Knoxville. My daughter drives it all the time. Also it's a direct flight from there. So no big deal to be at all home games for DeLino, who had retired from MLB by then. As for DDS being BFFs with Cooper, I don't know about that any more. She is BFFs with Alvin Kamara, though.

Cooper got dismissed from the Lady Vols for picking a fight (physical) with Jamie Nared who was the team captain. She had already been referred to the Disciplinary Board and was possibly going to be suspended or expelled, but was allowed to transfer instead. She'd been suspended from the team for attitude once before that. She was a head case, IMNSHO.

PostPosted: 04/12/21 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

I think those same issues exist in Chicago with Diamond. Attitude problem. She and Tea Cooper who had her own issues at Tenn and SC are bffs after all.[/quote]

Quote:
DeShields' live in Atlanta (burbs, probably Buckhead area), which is just a whoop and a holler down I-75 from Knoxville. My daughter drives it all the time. Also it's a direct flight from there. So no big deal to be at all home games for DeLino, who had retired from MLB by then. As for DDS being BFFs with Cooper, I don't know about that any more. She is BFFs with Alvin Kamara, though.

Cooper got dismissed from the Lady Vols for picking a fight (physical) with Jamie Nared who was the team captain. She had already been referred to the Disciplinary Board and was possibly going to be suspended or expelled, but was allowed to transfer instead. She'd been suspended from the team for attitude once before that. She was a head case, IMNSHO.

Yeah, I know all about that Jamie Nared fight. She has talent so here goes Dawn Staley bringing her onto her squad which I know will always be a big regret for her. But, I can see the appeal of Cooper. As I said she's a good player and, people especially the young deserve second chances. I saw her college announcement vid, and other vids of both her and Diamond and the 'do not buy' sign was flashing even then. Cooper played in SC in the year after Aja went pro. The team made it to the Sweet Sixteen with decent/good talent but, you could tell that team chemistry was off in 2018. 2019 was all the proof you need to compare the previous year with.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With all the transfers, I'm a little surprised we haven't seen Rickea Jackson or Jessika Carter in the portal ā€“ perhaps the program's most important players. If the two stay, and they end up gelling with a cast of Hayes sisters in the backcourt (several big ifs in there, I know), they should at least have a better season on the court than this past one.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 04/14/21 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw that Brooks and Augustin were announced as MSU assistants. Freeman is associate head coach and Brownlee an assistant. That's 4 assistants. Did I miss something?

BD22

PostPosted: 04/14/21 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
I saw that Brooks and Augustin were announced as MSU assistants. Freeman is associate head coach and Brownlee an assistant. That's 4 assistants. Did I miss something?

Brownlee departed from the program.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-womens-basketball-assistant-Scepter-Brownlee--163934998/

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/27/21 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bulldawgs add St Johns grad transfer Raven Farley to roster. Farley played two seasons at LSU.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-womens-basketball-transfer-Raven-Farley-St-Johns--165833651/Amp/

Howee

PostPosted: 05/27/21 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Really not very funny, but....I couldn't resist laughing at the simile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: