RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What Covid vaccine did you get?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Covid vaccine did you get?
Pfizer-BioNTech
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
Moderna
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Oxford-AstraZeneca
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Sputnik V (Gam-Covid-Vac)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sinovac
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sinopharm
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Novavax
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gamaleya
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/07/21 12:51 pm    ::: What Covid vaccine did you get? Reply Reply with quote

This poll is only for those who HAVE RECEIVED a Covid vaccine. Which one did you get?

I've included some available in countries outside the USA and under development.
scullyfu

PostPosted: 04/08/21 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Getting Moderna shot #2 today!

PostPosted: 04/08/21 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Getting Moderna shot #2 today!

Got it. Now in 10 days I’ll be free to roam the universe, with a mask, of course. Smile

PostPosted: 04/08/21 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm five days past my second Pfizer shot. My left arm felt like someone had punched it for three days, and I had some fatigue and headaches, but nothing insurmountable. And come April 24th I'm gonna go hug people.

PostPosted: 04/12/21 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm set for my second Moderna shot on Star Wars day!!

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/12/21 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's been a weird time. I'd rather not talk about it right now and there's always the chance the shit has nothing to do with the vaccine but I've come to the conclusion that that would be rather improbable.

mrs jammer, too. she's sworn that she hasn't been right since the vaccine and I've really downplayed all of that and CERTAINLY went into getting it myself with absolute elation and I wouldn't change a thing about either of us getting our shots when we did.

So mrs jammer did see a doc and the doc mentioned that mrs jammer had been vaccinated and mrs jammer voiced her concerns and the doc was like we just don't know. And I'm going to paraphrase and translate as it kind of applied to mrs jammer's issues. So, when we think of side effects from these vaccines we think of the initial flu-like symptoms. Beyond that, we think of a third arm coming out of our chest or our eyeballs growing fur. And then there's the more realistic horrors like blood clots, etc.

But it's kind of like this. The vaccine kicks your immune system into a different gear. Underlying issues or conditions, dormant stuff... we don't know that the vaccines can't cause some underlying non-symptomatic stuff to become somewhat symptomatic. And that depends on the person. Maybe something to do with inflammation etc. Which is pretty much basically 80 percent of symptomatic issues. Could be joints, muscles, digestive track, etc.

But just writing this sort of conjecture based on a second-hand conversation with an MD isn't something I'm entirely comfortable with. As far as my own situation, I was pretty bulletproof for the last year. I'd lost about 40 lbs in 2019. I did up my own physical activity the last six weeks or so and starting losing weight again as well. Any of those things could be responsible for any issues I'm having but, you know, being perfectly honest, I don't think so. You’re absolutely fine for years and then get a shot and all this significant stuff starts up?

I'm 51% believing that somehow the vaccine is behind my issues. And I'm now going to 'hear' mrs jammer and respect her asserting that the vaccine has caused her a host of fairly minor issues.

Anyway. Definitely watching the ongoing developments with the J&J vaccine at this point. But again, I wouldn't even hesitate to get the same vaccine again.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

US seeks to halt vaccinations with the Johnson & Johnson shot due to an issue with blood clots in mostly women under 40 (or 60).

Seems like there were 6 incidents with one fatality out of 7 millions J&Js administered.

So I would put this really far up there as one of the biggest most unfortunate and unforgivable mistakes by the US government in recent memory. The fear associated with getting vaccinated, now with the J&J shot, how that will carry over to fears about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, is going to greatly impact the public’s faith and willingness to get vaccinated.

But that’s maybe just the mood I’m in today.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: