RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Arizona vs #1 Connecticut - 4/02/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Arizona
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Connecticut
83%
 83%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 24

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/02/21 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Maybe an unpopular opinion: UConn would have won this game if Geno had more confidence in ONO.

Yeah, she did a great job of chucking up layups from her hip resulting in bricks. All she needed was confidence. Rolling Eyes

ONO was terrible. She's a bit like Charli Collier in that she looks great against weak teams but not so great when there is opposition. I think Edwards will become much better than her. And as I mentioned earlier, Arizona's weakness is their posts - but surprisingly UConn couldn't take advantage of that.

I don't disagree with you--- I'm just saying I feel like I see undeveloped potential in her. She always seems stressed and worried when playing rather than confident and knowing that her coaches trust her.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/03/21 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
you think that maybe they'll throw a final four somewhere in the west once in a while????? we play great bb out here.

2026 is scheduled for Phoenix.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 04/03/21 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am bummed. Congrats to Arizona, tbh it's good to see some fresh blood in the title game. I said during the season that I thought the Pac-12 was the toughest conference and this final helps solidify that! We don't always get to see these teams on TV but now ESPN will have to show some love! As for my Huskies, I'm both relieved and sad. I'm glad the rollercoaster of the cardiac kids is over because man, talk aout butterflies during games..but it was a wonderful ride and I'm just sad it's over for this season.

DivaORcat16

PostPosted: 04/03/21 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YESSSSS!!!!

I called it on page 2 of this thread!!

An all PAC-12 final.

I’m hoping Arizona wins the championship.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/03/21 2:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
In the huddle after the game, you could see Adia flipping off someone & the team cracking up. I’m thinking she was talking about them being left out of the video & that the ncaa could fuck off. Schweet! Don’t disrespect the Cats, bitches. LOL

Link to this please (or it didn’t happen). 😂

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/03/21 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
In the huddle after the game, you could see Adia flipping off someone & the team cracking up. I’m thinking she was talking about them being left out of the video & that the ncaa could fuck off. Schweet! Don’t disrespect the Cats, bitches. LOL

Link to this please (or it didn’t happen). 😂

For the birds: https://twitter.com/JordanDajani/status/1378190176682409986

For Coach Barnes's explanation of who-all can get f*cked: https://twitter.com/nrarmour/status/1378197890154250240

There is a lot of pearl-clutching in the comments.

PostPosted: 04/03/21 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Is this a direct result of UConn's weak schedule? I know they played a few tough OOC games but still... maybe over-confident?

I said it in the first page there is no cake walk for Freshman. They didn’t look like freshmen the whole season, but did tonight - as happens.

It was too much to expect Paige to do as a freshman what Diana did as a junior and senior.

Some older players did not step up either. Looking at you, Westbrook.

Westbrook was significantly better than ONO.

Which, I know I’ve been on this the whole season - but seriously, for next year..she needs to come off the bench.

And I usually agree with Geno and starting doesn’t matter, minutes does..but starting her means she starts against the opposing best big player..I think in big games, she’d be better off going against bench post players.

That being said - ONO and Westbrook played how they usually do in big games. Williams appears to have become a consistent player, but it was always going to come down to whether Paige and Aaliyah played well enough to win, and depending on a freshman in the final four ends like this often. As I said, it’s a UConn tradition for our greatest players. Laughing

Oh, so no more "need Muhl to win" like you've been saying for the past couple of weeks? You have stuck to that narrative and it clearly didn't work tonight.

I do think we need her to win. And honestly part of the reason we needed her is it gives us the option to sit ONO. Which we needed to do this game.

I think she’s consistently one of our best players in big games, and her looking like a freshman in the final dour game, just like the other freshman doesn’t change what she did the rest of the season - just like it doesn’t change what Paige and Aaliyah did.

Again, the problem with ONO is it is entirely predictable that she will have a bad game against a good team. She’s not a freshman, our advantage was size and girl went 0-7,

PostPosted: 04/03/21 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did anyone catch the halftime (?) segment Holly did on Adia? Weird thing. I would swear I heard her identify Salvo as Adia’s fiancé. Such an easy fix, why didn’t she clean up that boo boo? Rare miss by Holly.

Just watched the game again. Adia flipping the bird in the post game huddle...priceless.

PostPosted: 04/03/21 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No blame can be assigned Muhl. She's a Freshman AND coming off an injury AND playing in the biggest game of her career. She didn't get to get her feet wet in some of the easier early games either. She'll be fine.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 04/03/21 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:

Just watched the game again. Adia flipping the bird in the post game huddle...priceless.

Totally! Laughing

I'm so happy for Adia and her team.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that Adia looks like Dr. Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez) on Grey's Anatomy?

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 04/03/21 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
UConn is not invincible.

Curious as to when this brainstorm hit?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/03/21 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Video of McDonald's 7 made FG in this game: https://twitter.com/cwetzel31/status/1378201756233039872

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 04/03/21 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Bad call with Williams 5th.

Has LeBron tweeted yet? Laughing

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/03/21 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
UConn is not invincible.

Curious as to when this brainstorm hit?

It's more how they seemed to think of themselves, and how you fans think of them Very Happy I certainly never have.

PostPosted: 04/03/21 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Maybe an unpopular opinion: UConn would have won this game if Geno had more confidence in ONO.

Yeah, she did a great job of chucking up layups from her hip resulting in bricks. All she needed was confidence. Rolling Eyes

ONO was terrible. She's a bit like Charli Collier in that she looks great against weak teams but not so great when there is opposition. I think Edwards will become much better than her. And as I mentioned earlier, Arizona's weakness is their posts - but surprisingly UConn couldn't take advantage of that.

I don't disagree with you--- I'm just saying I feel like I see undeveloped potential in her. She always seems stressed and worried when playing rather than confident and knowing that her coaches trust her.

UConn coulda won this game if Geno stopped berating his players. The APA has shown that all people respond to positive feedback. The man is a pig and likely a chauvinist. The age of getting your women to respond via male pig insults are gone. Time to wake up recruits and stop committing to his nonsense. Cant win with #1, #1, #2, and number 4 vs. #51 and company? Maybe, It’s cuz you don’t have to be treated like shit to shine.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/03/21 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

UConn coulda won this game if Geno stopped berating his players. The APA has shown that all people respond to positive feedback. The man is a pig and likely a chauvinist. The age of getting your women to respond via male pig insults are gone. Time to wake up recruits and stop committing to his nonsense. Cant win with #1, #1, #2, and number 4 vs. #51 and company? Maybe, It’s cuz you don’t have to be treated like shit to shine.

+1

Tally24

PostPosted: 04/03/21 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Or, maybe we’re reaching an age or parity? Which, is apparently what people claim to want, until it happens? The sky is falling/ushering the fall of the empire by UConn fans and detractors is always just nauseating. No one is out there bemoaning the legacy/future of Coach K. Geeze.

Last edited by Tally24 on 04/03/21 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 04/03/21 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, if I were Chrystin Williams, I’d be pissed. I think I sat by her parents at breakfast at the restaurant this morning after the game, and she was so annoyed. Geno talking like Paige had no support. Williams played a better game the last 2 games. She should transfer outta there and show Geno next year in the final four just how Pige is lacking the support she needs.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 04/03/21 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Or, maybe we’re reaching an age or parity? Which, is apparently what people claim to want, until it happens? The sky is falling/ushering the fall of the empire by UConn fans and detractors is always just nauseating. No one is out there bemoaning the legacy/future of Coach K. Geeze.

Bullshit. I am. Coach K whines he didn’t get enough calls at the refs and they change it around in the 2nd half so Duke wins against Wisconsin in the finals. One of the refs admits to seeing Duke step out of bounds in the finals but didn’t want to delay the game to give the ball to Wisconsin. First and foremost a Badger fan. Total BS call. So there are plenty of people calling into question the quality of Coach K’s success. Just because all of ESPN has a hard on for him, much like Voepel(see only article doweling loss from her is on Bueckers losing-WTF?) does for Geno doesn’t mean there are not a whole lot of fans that believe his antics are disgusting and disparaging to women.

God bless Adia and women positivity.

Last edited by Skyfan22 on 04/03/21 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/03/21 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Also, if I were Chrystin Williams, I’d be pissed. I think I sat by her parents at breakfast at the restaurant this morning after the game, and she was so annoyed. Geno talking like Paige had no support. Williams played a better game the last 2 games. She should transfer outta there and show Geno next year in the final four just how Pige is lacking the support she needs.

I feel for her. I could sense her frustration in multiple press conferences. Media asks her more questions about Paige than about her own game, even when Williams has the best game on the floor. And most of the UConn fanbase has emphasized the freshmen class so much but not necessarily acknowledged that a majority of minutes on this team are played by the upperclassmen Ododa, Williams, and Westbrook.

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/03/21 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Take what she gets. Kids are free to go where they want to. But, I lost a little respect for Williams & Nelson-Ododa years ago. One's from Arkansas the other from Georgia but, they hop, skip and jump to Connecticut. All these great schools in the SEC, ACC, hell even the Big 12.

The #2, 3, 4 out of 2021 Hoopgurlz prospects class stayed close to home/local.

PostPosted: 04/03/21 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Bullshit. I am. Coach K whines he didn’t get enough calls at the refs and they change it around in the 2nd half so Duke wins against Wisconsin in the finals. One of the refs admits to seeing Duke step out of bounds in the finals but didn’t want to delay the game to give the ball to Wisconsin. First and foremost a Badger fan. Total BS call. So there are plenty of people calling into question the quality of Coach K’s success. Just because all of ESPN has a hard on for him, much like Voepel(see only article doweling loss from her is on Bueckers losing-WTF?) does for Geno doesn’t mean there are not a whole lot of fans that believe his antics are disgusting and disparaging to women.

I’ve heard a lot of people take issue with his antics and style, a lot. That’s their prerogative. However, you are one of, if not the only, the first I’ve come across who has accused him of disparaging women. I’ll admit he’s obnoxious, especially if you’re not a UConn fan. I’m not sure I can bite on the other.
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 04/03/21 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Take what she gets. Kids are free to go where they want to. But, I lost a little respect for Williams & Nelson-Ododa years ago. One's from Arkansas the other from Georgia but, they hop, skip and jump to Connecticut. All these great schools in the SEC, ACC, hell even the Big 12.

They are. But they also need to be more aware. The 90s era of faux women support a la Geno is gone. Trash talking players like that is not cool. Period. Not as a man. Not as a white person. It’s offensive. It needs to be called out for what it is. Adia has lifted her players without the berating. Geno circa 1990s before there was a definition of sexual harassment needs to go. These women hear him speak for feminism but fall prey to the gaslighting of a society that has confounded it’s populace to credit him for his stand on politics in favor of minorities all the while demeaning his players. He’s trash and his shit needs to stop. In the men’s game, please someone give an example of a Wade trophy winner who has been talked of so terribly, all the while degrading another number one recruit on that team about being even worse for not supporting the Wade winner. I can’t think of one. It’s disgusting. He’s been out coached in the last four years by muffet, Mulkey and Adia. All with much less talent then him. Retire. Your chauvinism is no longer wanted.

Last edited by Skyfan22 on 04/03/21 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/03/21 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

Fair enough, but they're each from Georgia and North Carolina and still decide to go out of state to South Carolina, which is a blueblood program in its own right. (Edit: You're right though, for these girls SC is still more "local" in a regional sense than UConn and has less national recognition.)

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 04/03/21 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

I’ve heard a lot of people take issue with his antics and style, a lot. That’s their prerogative. However, you are one of, if not the only, the first I’ve come across who has accused him of disparaging women. I’ll admit he’s obnoxious, especially if you’re not a UConn fan. I’m not sure I can bite on the other.

Really? What men’s coach has talked about his players like that? Wake up. You’re following women’s sports. The Booby Knight Bullshit dies in the 80s. It’s part of a gaslit culture. You wanna support women, then stand up and support them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: