RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#6 Michigan vs #2 Baylor - 3/27/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Michigan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Baylor
100%
 100%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 14

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imo maryland would destroy Baylor.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Please ESPN never let Debbie Antonelli commentate a national televised game again. The bias is unreal she has been pro
Michigan since tip. I understand the root for underdog mentality but her assumptions are just getting obserd. #MutesTV

What? I thought she was pro baylor Laughing

You thought that from this game? Really? I’m astonished Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Imo maryland would destroy Baylor.

Maryland would destroy Baylor , UCONN , LV and SC but we won’t know til the next few rounds will we? Ijs

Helluva fight, kids! No one gave them a chance in this, and they almost shocked them all!

myrtle

UConn should be licking their collective lips. If both teams play anything like today, they will crush 'em.

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Helluva fight, kids! No one gave them a chance in this, and they almost shocked them all!

If the refs called all (tons of them) of Baylor’s carrys UM would
Have won.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But congrats to Baylor for managing to pull it out.

And congrats to Michigan for making it such a close game. Much better than most expected.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Mulkey taking her whole-ass mask off at one point. Wish the refs would've called a tech on her for that or something. Completely not basketball related, but I just get this anti-mask/"covid ain't that serious" vibe from her. Evil or Very Mad

KBA and everybody else on the Michigan bench have had them under their chins all day

Hence a "technical" foul. Technically, you need to be wearing your mask the whole game, but we the refs aren't gonna enforce how you should wear it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

They’re in Texas Greg Wheelie abbot removed the mask mandate so I’m sure like the men’s tourney and Marion county the NCAA is abiding by most likely Bexar County Mandates. Mask not included for entire state

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan wins largely because of a career, supernatural shooting game by Smith. That won't happen against UConn. Of course, something else might.
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to Michigan on a great season, truly their best yet! They'll be back next season!

pilight

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Michigan wins largely because of a career, supernatural shooting game by Smith. That won't happen against UConn. Of course, something else might.

I agree that a Michigan win won't happen against UConn

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love watching Richards play defense. Offense not so much. Twice in the second half I saw her drive and stop 8-10 feet from the hoop and even though she was wide open to shoot a bunny and she either passed it or dribbled it out.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I agree that a Michigan win won't happen against UConn
Laughing Laughing Well, not THIS year, at least. Razz

myrtle wrote:
But congrats to Baylor for managing to pull it out.

And congrats to Michigan for making it such a close game. Much better than most expected.

Indeed. Lotsa sloppy ball, at times, and iffy reffing, but MI demonstrated far more grit and determination than I'd expected. Miss Brown was their MVP today, fer sure.

Go Bears!

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Congratulations to Michigan on a great season, truly their best yet! They'll be back next season!

Super performance to cap a successful and challenging season!

Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=31147923&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=31148024&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=31148031&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, that was closer than anticipated.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/27/21 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I enjoyed reading all the comments about the game. What I did not expect were the amount of comments about fashion and cosmetics 💄!😅

PostPosted: 03/27/21 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I enjoyed reading all the comments about the game. What I did not expect were the amount of comments about fashion and cosmetics 💄!😅

To be fair, Kim has kind of made a career of fashion statements all on her own, and it’s tended to carry over to some of the young ladies on her team.

PostPosted: 03/27/21 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

Heck of a game by Michigan - thought they might pull it out.

Milks26

PostPosted: 03/27/21 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't expect Michigan to take Baylor to the wire like that - but, I'm glad they did. It was a good game.

PostPosted: 03/28/21 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
I didn't expect Michigan to take Baylor to the wire like that - but, I'm glad they did. It was a good game.

yeah, I was surprised at how close it was. To me, it says something about Baylor, and that something isn't good. Sad

PostPosted: 03/28/21 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan had a rough ride home.
Quote:
But the road back home to Ann Arbor was just as bumpy and, quite honestly, way scarier.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2021/03/28/michigan-womens-basketball-plane-emergency-landing/7036930002/

The story mentions an incident with the UM men's team. I doubt that any realized the history of the airport that the women landed at. It was the airport that a plane carrying the UE men's team took off from and then crashed shortly after takeoff in 1977. All players were killed but one who wasn't on the plane due to injury. He was killed two weeks later in a car crash.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/12/13/16770632/university-of-evansville-aces-plane-crash

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 03/28/21 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

yeah, I was surprised at how close it was. To me, it says something about Baylor, and that something isn't good. Sad

I think that *something* may be the lack of a true point guard. For all her hype as a former pg, I can't for the life of me understand how Kim has Didi in there. But then....there they are, in the EE.

PostPosted: 03/28/21 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

I think that *something* may be the lack of a true point guard. For all her hype as a former pg, I can't for the life of me understand how Kim has Didi in there. But then....there they are, in the EE.

How Kim has Didi in there is that you play the hand you’re dealt *shrug*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: