RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Arizona vs #2 Texas A&M - 3/27/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Arizona
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Texas A&M
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/27/21 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
so will A&M get sufficient help from the refs to make the third save in a row...or are they done.

Edited for you again! Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arizona 10-22 from three.....and 3-8 from FT line. Laughing

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/27/21 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
so will A&M make the third save in a row...or are they done.

They need to be done! They've played two games more than they should have played already!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/27/21 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know why, and I don't know what I'd do with it, but I really want one of those Powerade racks. I don't even LIKE Powerade!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/27/21 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Depends if the refs take matters into their own hands again.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/27/21 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Aari in one of her 'can't hit the broad side of the barn' starts.

Yaa. She's fixed that, eh? Obviously, uber-talented scorer.

Indiana/Arizona matchup could be highly entertaining. Cool

(I do love Gary B., but....I don't like the way they benefited from the crappy reffing in the Iowa State game, so I'll just chalk this one up to karma)

PostPosted: 03/27/21 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well if AZ keeps hitting their threes, it's harder for the refs to interfere.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/27/21 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

They ain’t getting the whistles tonight, but I don’t think even that would’ve helped them win here (ok, maybe it still would’ve).

He can clearly still recruit and is savvy with the transfer portal, but Blair’s coaching seems a bit overrated at this point.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Aari in one of her 'can't hit the broad side of the barn' starts.

Yaa. She's fixed that, eh? Obviously, uber-talented scorer.

yes, but she still shoots some that she shouldn't. It's like if she used a little more discretion her % would be way higher. Yeah, I'm being picky.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aari has the best smile!

Tally24

PostPosted: 03/27/21 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go PAC 12!

I’ve been rooting against A&M since they knocked LSU out of the SEC tourney 😈
blaase22

PostPosted: 03/27/21 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Adia Barnes.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really thought UCLA was the underdog P12 team with the shot to go thru rather than Arizona, but hey, here they are. Congrats to Aari and company. They play beautifully together as a team. All those TOs they created were really amazing. I think in the P12 we get used to it or at least know what to expect but teams that haven't experienced it or see it for the first time are really at a disadvantage.

Well done, Cats.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/27/21 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I really thought UCLA was the underdog P12 team with the shot to go thru rather than Arizona, but hey, here they are. Congrats to Aari and company. They play beautifully together as a team. All those TOs they created were really amazing. I think in the P12 we get used to it or at least know what to expect but teams that haven't experienced it or see it for the first time are really at a disadvantage.

Well done, Cats.

Agree. Congrats to Barnes, McDonald & co. Wish they were still at Washington, but what can ya do? (other than ugly-cry about it Crying or Very sad )

Arizona's defensive ability + their Tourney opponents not used to the McDonald Factor gives Arizona a bit of an edge. UCLA's lack of player depth eventually caught up to them, but they still had a good season. Arizona has had an easier path, plus they do have a solid rotation.

Still, Texas A&M had the talent to do better tonight, and a lot of the turnovers seemed more unforced than anything. BYU put up more of a fight against Arizona.

And then there's Indiana, who's not really like any of the opponents Arizona has faced so far. That'll be an interesting matchup for the two Elite-8 virgins.

Last edited by Stormeo on 03/27/21 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/27/21 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
All those TOs they created were really amazing. I think in the P12 we get used to it or at least know what to expect but teams that haven't experienced it or see it for the first time are really at a disadvantage.

Well done, Cats.

This is exactly how I feel about the other wildcats (Northwestern) and all of the turnovers they create. That's why I picked them over Louisville. But then Northwestern couldn't make a freaking shot in the second half Crying or Very sad Arizona, on the other hand, didn't have that problem Smile

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/21 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Still, Texas A&M had the talent to do better tonight, and a lot of the turnovers seemed more unforced than anything. BYU put up more of a fight against Arizona.

I really think A&M were thinking this would be a walk in the park. Maybe not after their first two games, but somehow that was still the vibe.

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/27/21 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just don’t see the talent a&m supposedly has? Their isn’t any player I would want on the lynx..

Last edited by blaase22 on 03/27/21 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milks26

PostPosted: 03/27/21 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even though NC St went down tonight they put much more of a fight than Texas A&M. And they were mad that they did not get the #1 seed. Overall, they are not a bad team - they just did not show up

PostPosted: 03/27/21 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boy, did I manage to back all the wrong horses today Embarassed I can’t remember the last time that happened.

PostPosted: 03/28/21 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really happy for Adia Barnes and Arizona.

Just don't understand why NC State wasn't the 4th overall #1 and put on Stanford's side of the bracket. Of course, UConn gets the easy Final Four match-up. Meh.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 03/28/21 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Agree. Congrats to Barnes, McDonald & co. Wish they were still at Washington, but what can ya do? (other than ugly-cry about it Crying or Very sad )

Coach Barnes made quick work of the rebuild at Arizona. Extra impressive given the fact that she had no head coaching experience and only a few years' experience as an assistant. This is where she belongs. McDonald reportedly wanted to transfer long before her freshman season ended. It was never a question of how different things might be for UW if she had stayed. I'm happy for them, and I hope they keep it going.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/28/21 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Really happy for Adia Barnes and Arizona.

Just don't understand why NC State wasn't the 4th overall #1 and put on Stanford's side of the bracket. Of course, UConn gets the easy Final Four match-up. Meh.

Not according to Baylor. Wink

PostPosted: 03/28/21 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Of course, UConn gets the easy Final Four match-up. Meh.

I agree that the winner of UConn-Baylor has the easier Final Four match-up (and thought this before NC State and Texas A&M got upset). However, they have to beat the other to get there, whereas Stanford has a comparatively easy Elite 8 game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: