RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who Was The #2 Recruit In 2019 That Transferred From MD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg5222

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:03 pm    ::: Who Was The #2 Recruit In 2019 That Transferred From MD? Reply Reply with quote

Where did she transfer to?

PEACE & LOVE GO TERPS!!!!!

PostPosted: 03/27/21 2:13 pm    ::: Re: Who Was The #2 Recruit In 2019 That Transferred From MD? Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:

Shakira Austin was #4 in 2018 and transferred to Ole Miss after the 19-20 season. The other two members of the Terps' 2018 class also transferred: Taylor Mikesell to Oregon and Olivia Owens to Kentucky.

PostPosted: 03/27/21 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mikesell probably got the best of the bargain, according to most fans. However, Shakira Austin did great things for Ole Miss and may end up having a more lasting effect on the team she went to. Owens, maybe not so much, but if she’s happy, that’s what counts. It’s always seemed a bit odd to me that Brenda consistently has highly ranked players transferring out every year.

PostPosted: 03/27/21 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Mikesell probably got the best of the bargain, according to most fans. However, Shakira Austin did great things for Ole Miss and may end up having a more lasting effect on the team she went to. Owens, maybe not so much, but if she’s happy, that’s what counts. It’s always seemed a bit odd to me that Brenda consistently has highly ranked players transferring out every year.

I'm not so sure about this, at least on a personal level. Mikesell might have landed on the best team out of the three, but her numbers are down accross the board from her first two seasons at Maryland. As a freshman, she looked like a future WNBA player. I'm not sure she's seen the same way at this point.

Austin, on the other hand, is the star at Ole Miss and in position for a possible lottery pick nest season. She's also playing in the WNIT final tomorrow, and should lead Ole Miss the NCAA Tournament next season for the first time since 2007.

PostPosted: 03/27/21 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I'm not so sure about this, at least on a personal level. Mikesell might have landed on the best team out of the three, but her numbers are down accross the board from her first two seasons at Maryland. As a freshman, she looked like a future WNBA player. I'm not sure she's seen the same way at this point.

Austin, on the other hand, is the star at Ole Miss and in position for a possible lottery pick nest season. She's also playing in the WNIT final tomorrow, and should lead Ole Miss the NCAA Tournament next season for the first time since 2007.

What I meant by my comment (and perhaps you missed) was that Mikesell landed on a winner, while Austin went to a team that was clearly in building mode, and if you remember, there was a lot of “WTF?” when she announced her decision. She carried that team on her back and made them all better. So I get what you say, that’s how it looks to you NOW. However, it may not look that way to everyone.

PostPosted: 03/27/21 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shakira Austin had Ole Miss in her final selection - so going there should not have ben a surprise. She was already familiar with the staff and school.

Austin had the better bargain. Yes, Ole Miss is in rebuild but they got top 20 prospect from the 2020 class that will only get better.

PostPosted: 03/27/21 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Shakira Austin had Ole Miss in her final selection - so going there should not have ben a surprise. She was already familiar with the staff and school.

Austin had the better bargain. Yes, Ole Miss is in rebuild but they got top 20 prospect from the 2020 class that will only get better.

Yes, and Austin helped them with that, I’m pretty sure. One hand washes the other Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/27/21 10:36 pm    ::: Re: Who Was The #2 Recruit In 2019 That Transferred From MD? Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
greg5222 wrote:

Shakira Austin was #4 in 2018 and transferred to Ole Miss after the 19-20 season. The other two members of the Terps' 2018 class also transferred: Taylor Mikesell to Oregon and Olivia Owens to Kentucky.

Speaking of Mikesell I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Ducks in the Final Four.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: