RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Biden opposes the 4th Amendment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 03/24/21 7:27 pm    ::: Biden opposes the 4th Amendment Reply Reply with quote

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicksibilla/2021/03/23/biden-administration-urges-supreme-court-to-let-cops-enter-homes-and-seize-guns-without-a-warrant/?sh=52f408d72829

Quote:
Siding with law enforcement, the First Circuit noted that a police officer “must act as a master of all emergencies, who is ‘expected to...provide an infinite variety of services to preserve and protect community safety.’” By letting police operate without a warrant, the community caretaking exception is “designed to give police elbow room to take appropriate action,” the court added.

Because what cops need is more elbow room...

PostPosted: 03/24/21 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We don't even need them to butt into another court case to know that the Biden-Harris Administration opposes the Second Amendment, too.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/25/21 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's really cute when people think they understand Constitutional Law.

I don't agree with the Biden Administration here, because I think this will lead to more police racial profiling, and unintended deaths. But no, it's not "against the fourth Amendment" or "against the second amendment."

I'm against the second Amendment. Chris Murphy is against the second Amendment. Exceptions and restrictions to the second Amendment are not "against" the second Amendment. None of our Amendments come without exceptions and restrictions.

PostPosted: 03/25/21 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those types of gun confiscation laws have arisen in many places in an attempt to get both legally and illegally owned guns out of the hands of people with mental health problems pending a psych evaluation. Obviously the goal is to prevent mass shootings, suicides, and domestic violence. The issues occur because psych evals can require hospital admission for observation and the guns aren’t being returned promptly when the person is determined to be competent.

I support the Second Amendment but would have no objections to these types of laws if they worked as intended.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/25/21 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I object to the cops entering homes without warrants and taking things

PostPosted: 03/26/21 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, Mercfan, I think there are almost as many people who are as fervently opposed to the literal Constitutional right to "keep and bear Arms" as there are people who are opposed to the interpolated Constitutional right to abortion.

Both of these opposition groups operate the same way politically: They know they can't amend the Constitution, so instead they try to impose so many regulations, restrictions, exceptions and other hurdles to the Constitutional right that the people, as a practical matter, can't exercise the right.

Politically biased judges aid these strategies. The Ninth Circuit, for example, has just recently upheld state rules that effectively prohibit people from bearing arms, whether concealed or openly, outside the home. For many years now, the chicken Supreme Court has been ducking review of these Second Amendment court decisions even though they held in 2008 and 2010 that the Second Amendment confers an individual right of self-defense with commonly owned guns.

I expect the Supreme Court will eventually hear and overturn these Ninth Circuit Second Amendment cases, and will rule against the Biden-Harris administration position in the Fourth Amendment and First Amendment cases pilight has linked in his two threads.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/26/21 1:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mmmmm.... chicken supreme....

PostPosted: 03/26/21 2:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
mmmmm.... chicken supreme....

Are their any Australian fast food chains serving chicken sandwiches or is it just the global USA firms?

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/26/21 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m motherfucking eating drive-thru fast food every night next week. Fucking watch me.

PostPosted: 03/26/21 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
I’m motherfucking eating drive-thru fast food every night next week. Fucking watch me.

I was thinking similar thoughts regarding the 15th day after I get my second Pfizer dose. Also may go shop inside the supermarket (although maybe a small uncrowded non-chain one) versus having it brought out to my car [Walmart, Target, Safeway, Sprouts]. But that is actually nothing to most people. While I am sitting in the parking lot waiting for my order to be brought out and placed in my car, virtually everyone else in the parking lot is just going inside.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/17/21 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I expect the Supreme Court will eventually hear and overturn . . . the Biden-Harris administration position in the Fourth Amendment . . . case[] pilight has linked in his [OP].

The Supreme Court did just that today, unanimously holding that the warrantless entry into Mr. Caniglia's home and seizure of his guns violated the Fourth Amendment and was unconstitutional.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/20pdf/20-157_8mjp.pdf
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/17/21 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

Wow. That’s who I was on the 26th of March.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: