RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#6 Oregon vs #3 Georgia - 3/24/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/23/21 11:57 pm    ::: #6 Oregon vs #3 Georgia - 3/24/21 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament Second Round
Alamo Region
San Antonio, TX - 3:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Kevin Fitzgerald, Christy Thomaskutty)

Video stream:
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=5db31825-1482-4886-8b86-79288cb8586b (tvpli)

Audio:
https://georgiadogs.com/watch/?Live=3974

Live stats:
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401311263

https://www.ncaa.com/game/5799520

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 03/24/21 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

10-10 with 2 min left in first.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Howee

PostPosted: 03/24/21 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Booo-LEY! OR appears to have their 3-game back. (for now??) Lordy they miss Paopao!

PostPosted: 03/24/21 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Booo-LEY! OR appears to have their 3-game back. (for now??) Lordy they miss Paopao!

At last, Oregon playing up to their potential...almost Razz Will they finally break through with a win over a ranked opponent?

Tied 27-27 at halftime.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/24/21 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Howee wrote:

At last, Oregon playing up to their potential...almost Razz Will they finally break through with a win over a ranked opponent?

Tied 27-27 at halftime.

Yeah, "almost" is the operative word....their current pg is a def liability lots of the time. I mean, she's okay enough but....her inexperience is showing. Where's Chavez? And what happened to Jaz Shelley? She didn't even play against SD.

PostPosted: 03/24/21 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Howee wrote:

Tied 27-27 at halftime.

Yeah, "almost" is the operative word....their current pg is a def liability lots of the time. I mean, she's okay enough but....her inexperience is showing. Where's Chavez? And what happened to Jaz Shelley? She didn't even play against SD.

Oregon has so many guards who have been in the rotation at one point or another this season that they all seem interchangeable to me Laughing At any rate, I haven't been able to keep track of who is who. I know Paopao of course (and it's a shame about her injury), but otherwise they only one I can keep track of is Mikesell because I know her from her Maryland days.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/24/21 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shelley and Chavez have both been injured and day to day. It's definitely a problem for them. Shelley is not available today and Chavez is nowhere near what she was before injury.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/24/21 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boy Sabally not getting the calls inside that Staiti is getting.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/24/21 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is shaping up to be one of the most exciting games so far. (In terms of closeness.)

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/24/21 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ooooof such an unlucky break for Georgia on that foul being called on the floor right before the jumpshot.

Tally24

PostPosted: 03/24/21 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Ooooof such an unlucky break for Georgia on that foul being called on the floor right before the jumpshot.

Really seemed to have changed the trajectory of the game...
singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/24/21 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

There was another similar impact moment when Georgia caused a turnover and had a 3 on 1 and a foul was called way behind the play.

Anyone know/hear why Connally has played so little? There's been a lot of Coombs

Tally24

PostPosted: 03/24/21 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

There was another similar impact moment when Georgia caused a turnover and had a 3 on 1 and a foul was called way behind the play.

Anyone know/hear why Connally has played so little? There's been a lot of Coombs

She’s battling an ankle injury, I think?
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/24/21 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly is a really good coach.

and the much heralded "best conference" SEC is now down to their two top teams. Shocked

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/24/21 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

and the much heralded "best conference" SEC is now down to their two top teams. Shocked

And I think ISU has a real shot against Texas A&M.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/24/21 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

You KNOW I'm a fan of his. His steadfast zone today kept GA off their mid-range & low post fortes. But honest to Pete....even if Scherr was okay enough, I'm thinking he took a gamble by not having the more experienced Mikesell at point most of the time. And yet (positive outcome 'n all) it certainly was a great experience for Scherr.

I have not watched GA prior to today but, for a team with their success this season, they certainly didn't seem to have any viable alternative game plans once it became apparent the zone was not leaving.

I dunno....I don't think EITHER GA or OR might fare too well vs. L'ville, if something doesn't change. I'm wondering if Paopao is soon okay to go -- I thought the last prediction was that she couldn't play through the first 2 rounds. Of course, I don't want any premature returns that invite injury aggravation, but....Ducks need her!

PostPosted: 03/24/21 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately I think I heard Kelly say Paopao wouldn't be available the first two weekends...meaning they would have to make it to the final four. Ahem, Stanford is in their bracket.

Actually that made me realize that while the PAC got 6 teams in, they were all put into three brackets - none in the UConn region. That seems a bit odd to me.

Anyway I thought Scherr had an admirable game. The numbers were bleak but she held her own, especially defensively. It's tough having your third or even fourth best PG playing PG, but yeah, they managed. It wasn't always pretty, but they did get the W.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/24/21 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

I dunno....I don't think EITHER GA or OR might fare too well vs. L'ville, if something doesn't change. I'm wondering if Paopao is soon okay to go -- I thought the last prediction was that she couldn't play through the first 2 rounds. Of course, I don't want any premature returns that invite injury aggravation, but....Ducks need her!

the thing is - Oregon has the size inside that I don't think either 'Ville or NW have...so they have a chance.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/24/21 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Anyway I thought Scherr had an admirable game. The numbers were bleak but she held her own, especially defensively.

Yeah, I guess I've been spoiled by the guards that are ahead of her. Let's just say she SHALL have her best games yet to come -- she's got a great upside, imo, and it's a lotta pressure on a freshman.

Seeing how L'ville is playing at the moment with Northwestern, who knows what's ahead....? Shocked

PostPosted: 03/24/21 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Seeing how L'ville is playing at the moment with Northwestern, who knows what's ahead....? Shocked

Stanford with a cakewalk to the Final Four is what's ahead.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/24/21 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Howee wrote:

Stanford with a cakewalk to the Final Four is what's ahead.

the way it looks, I'd rather play NW or Louisville than Oregon again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: