RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#5 Iowa vs #4 Kentucky - 3/23/21
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/23/21 12:24 am    ::: #5 Iowa vs #4 Kentucky - 3/23/21 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament Second Round
River Walk Region
San Antonio, TX - 3:30 PM ET

TV: ESPNU (Eric Frede, Tamika Catchings)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=ce32d36c-6d46-45d3-a78d-af72363ab80c (tvpli)

Audio:
https://ukathletics.com/showcase?Live=5967

Live stats:
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401311261

https://www.ncaa.com/game/5799527

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/24/21 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/23/21 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like an interesting matchup. Can't wait.

Will Clark go off? Will Howard? Will Czinano be able to operate inside? Will SEC defense handle Big 10 offense?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/23/21 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good questions. Also--will a not-very-physical Iowa team be able to handle the length, strength, and speed of Kentucky? Iowa has struggled tremendously at times this year defending the dribble drive and keeping teams off the offensive glass. This Iowa fan isn't optimistic...

I'm wondering if we will try our triangle and two defense at times throughout the game to try to throw Kentucky off balance offensively.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa starting out on a 11-0 run.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/23/21 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
blaase22

PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another slow start jeez.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wouldn't be surprised if this slow start ultimately costs Kentucky the game. I can see them losing by 10-15 or thereabouts.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Couldn't have asked for a better start for Iowa. 6 different players have scored, including multiple 3's from Clark. Kentucky has a gazillion offensive rebounds but haven't been able to convert some wide open looks.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a fun one to watch. It's a popcorn game for sure.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if this slow start ultimately costs Kentucky the game. I can see them losing by 10-15 or thereabouts.

I've always thought they were a highly skilled team but just look lazy at times. I expect them to chip away at Iowa's lead though.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Good questions. Also--will a not-very-physical Iowa team be able to handle the length, strength, and speed of Kentucky? Iowa has struggled tremendously at times this year defending the dribble drive and keeping teams off the offensive glass. This Iowa fan isn't optimistic...

I'm wondering if we will try our triangle and two defense at times throughout the game to try to throw Kentucky off balance offensively.

You got Clark and Kentucky doesn't. She is a deadly weapon.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

And it's playing out precisely as that. Kentucky's doing a horrible job defending Clark, both on & off the ball. No pressure or crowding her space whatsoever, not attempting to double her at this point. Meanwhile, Rhyne Howard & Kentucky are nowhere to be found on both ends...

Last edited by Stormeo on 03/23/21 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Clark is playing as good as I've ever seen her - Shocked - and I have watched every single Iowa game and many of her high school games. Will she be able to sustain this kind of performance throughout the game is the question. LZ (Kentucky's coach) has to be pissed for the amount of times they've simply lost her in transition.

All kentucky needs to do to get back in it is slow the pace down and convert some of the offensive rebounds.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I've always thought they were a highly skilled team but just look lazy at times. I expect them to chip away at Iowa's lead though.

I was kinda thinking this too. It's like KY rarely puts it into high gear. And today they have missed a bazillion layups. You can't win games missing layups. It will be interesting to see if they can find a different gear in the second half. My thought is that you put two defenders on Clark and try to keep her from touching the ball. Let someone else try to beat you.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's fabulous that the rest of the country is now getting to see Clark after the B10 hides all their games during the season. This is just fun.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone seen where Kyra Elzy's coaching is? Looks like it's absent to me. Embarassed

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
It's fabulous that the rest of the country is now getting to see Clark after the B10 hides all their games during the season. This is just fun.

She is great and I also like her. Does her movement and energy and all the things remind anyone else of Jackie Stiles?

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cats getting mauled. 2023 will be a good year to tank.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I rarely enjoy watching blowouts, even for my team, but this is just so fabulous I can't click away.

Tally24

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

Phoenix, get ready 😉
blaase22

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Phoenix, get ready 😉

Hell no, Collier can take the 2023 season off Laughing

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's impressive to me is that Clark already has 4 assists as well. Yes, she dominates the ball, and part of it is Iowa's pace, but to be a freshman leading the country in scoring AND second in assists is insane.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elzy making Matthew Mitchell seem like Wooden. Kentucky is so poorly coached.

Iowa is making mincemeat of them and Clark is going off, again. So fun to watch. I hope the "it's no contest between Bueckers and Clark" boners are enjoying their plates of crow.

Honestly, I've never understood all the love for Howard. She's good, obviously, but has a questionable motor.

Clark for 50?!! Stay tuned!

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not that I expect them to but both Bueckers and Clark can declare for 2023 draft?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I rarely enjoy watching blowouts, even for my team, but this is just so fabulous I can't click away.

Iowa put a 23 point lead on Rutgers in the B1G tournament match-up behind a slow start from Rutgers and Gabbie Marshall for Iowa making seven 3's in the first half. Rutgers fought back to pull within 8 early in the fourth quarter before Iowa started making shots again. My point is, with as bad as Iowa's defense can be at times, I don't think this game is over.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm visualizing the national team with Clark and Bueckers playing together. This would be SO SO cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: