RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#11 South Dakota vs #6 Oregon - 3/22/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/18/21 10:23 pm    ::: #11 South Dakota vs #6 Oregon - 3/22/21 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament First Round
Alamo Region
San Antonio, TX - 10:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Courtney Lyle, Carolyn Peck)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/028e2aa2-280b-4392-87f9-9438ea0ab61f#bucketId=1 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://tunein.com/station/?stationid=308207&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=s308207&utm_source=geminiEmbedSubTitle&st=undefined

Live stats:

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401311257

https://www.statbroadcast.com/ncaa/bracket.php?tid=d1wbb

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/22/21 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

uo will be without their starting point guard Pao Pao for the game today.

PostPosted: 03/22/21 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

osubeavers wrote:

She’s the only one out?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/22/21 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
osubeavers wrote:

She’s the only one out?

Sabally is starting if she's the potentially injured player you're referring to.

Speaking of Sabally, she just pulled down a D-rebound and dribbled the entire length of the floor for a wide open layup, beating the entire SD team down the court Surprised

SDHoops

PostPosted: 03/22/21 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's go Oregon, beat those snobby Yotes

Howee

PostPosted: 03/22/21 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dang. I hope that knock to Hannah Sjerven's head wasn't too serious. (Probably hurt Hoopsmom more than Hannah!)

PostPosted: 03/22/21 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

34-9 Ducks at the half. Teams combined for 10 points in the second quarter.

PostPosted: 03/22/21 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so, uh, this does not appear to be going well for South Dakota

(now with spelling variations)
SDHoops

PostPosted: 03/22/21 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prince shouldn't have fouled out. Sjerven with her dirty play and hook, smh.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 03/22/21 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prince has been shoving and punching our girls the entire game. Hannah has a black guy from getting punched in the face. I have enjoyed watching Oregon play this year. I was very impressed with the young point guard, and I love watching Sabally. Most of them played with class tonight, but like I said, Prince would not even accept a hand up from our girls. The rest of them were very classy about it. And for her to say on national TV, “you fucking whore”, when she fouled out, that’s uncalled for and class-less.

And SDHoops, I don’t know why you think our girls are snobby, but these are the most caring group of young ladies I have ever seen play together. They are all very good friends on and off the court. They all work together, they help each other, and all of us moms and dads hang out together every time we go to a game or a tournament. This is the most welcoming group of players and parents that I have ever seen in all of the years that we’ve been involved with sports for our two kids..

Howee

PostPosted: 03/23/21 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Prince has been shoving and punching our girls the entire game. Hannah has a black guy from getting punched in the face. I have enjoyed watching Oregon play this year. I was very impressed with the young point guard, and I love watching Sabally. Most of them played with class tonight, but like I said, Prince would not even accept a hand up from our girls. The rest of them were very classy about it. And for her to say on national TV, “you fucking whore”, when she fouled out, that’s uncalled for and class-less.

Sedona said THAT!?? Shocked I totally missed that....was it something you could hear by being in the arena? At the end, I DO remember raising her hand with the others to SD, saying "Good game".

Hoopsmom wrote:
And SDHoops, I don’t know why you think our girls are snobby, but these are the most caring group of young ladies I have ever seen play together. They are all very good friends on and off the court. They all work together, they help each other, and all of us moms and dads hang out together every time we go to a game or a tournament. This is the most welcoming group of players and parents that I have ever seen in all of the years that we’ve been involved with sports for our two kids..

Ummm, in this case, SDHoops has some irrational biases, and no real experience with these kids. Laughing

Re: The Actual Game? I was a bit surprised to see OR come out pressing vigorously, forcing all those turnovers. But it certainly did something to Boley....she hasn't shot that well for over a month. SD was just thrown off by the intense defensive pressure to start off with, I believe.

Then, in the second half SD's pressure picked up, and they forced 22 TOs -- an odd stat, when one considers that OR only forced 14 TOs and still won by 20. My takeaway was that Kelly better have his gals prepped for some stiff pressure, cuz they didn't handle it all too well tonight, despite the scoring disparity. I'm sure Georgia is drooling to see how Oregon floundered when pressured.

SD's 9 pts in the half hasta be their record low....ever. But then, their comeback in the second half, outscoring OR 38-33 was pretty amazing, given their height disadvantage.

Go Ducks--Georgia next! Cool

PostPosted: 03/23/21 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:

I've been on the Oregon bandwagon awhile now - since there was no team to cheer for in my own backyard (Duke campus is over my back fence). I was cheering for the Coyotes with all my might because of HoopsMom. I gasped when Hannah's head hit the floor. Who knew Bolin would have a career night tonight?

~rAf
Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 03/23/21 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A few friends had texted us and they said they heard her say it, on TV. So we re-watched that part of the game and you can hear it and read lips....

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/23/21 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no biases but can read lips, and it certainly looked like that's exactly what Ms. Prince said. If it wasn't.....

Loads of respect for the Coyotes. They played their hearts out. I don't know what was said in the locker room at halftime, but they certainly came out with some fresh resolve. They were out-heighted and out-weighed, but they just kept on trucking. Props to all of them, and especially to Hannah, who kept on after that hard hit on the floor. Hope she does not have too bad a headache! I'm sure it was not the way she wanted to go out.

PostPosted: 03/23/21 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
A few friends had texted us and they said they heard her say it, on TV. So we re-watched that part of the game and you can hear it and read lips....

In this replay video, Prince commits her 5th foul exactly at 1:00:00. https://youtu.be/7enMMn-r5bI?t=3600

When exactly does she say the expletives? (Not arguing/disagreeing with you--I just don't seem to see it yet.)

Props to Oregon for coming out much stronger than usual this season, and props to SD for continuing to battle in the second half.

osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me it looked like said “Go shuck some corn”. Laughing

Seriously, I didn’t hear or lip read anything resembling the vulgarity that the poster attributed to Prince. As an OSU fan predisposed to believe the worst of our rival I gotta say, I don’t see/hear it. Never seen any bad behavior from Sedona in the 3 times we matched up against her this season. I did see her one time briefly reprimand one of her teammates for a missed defensive switch but I wouldn’t call that bad behavior or anything like it.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: