RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

20 years ago

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/10/21 7:18 am    ::: 20 years ago Reply Reply with quote

Thought it would be fun to throw in some history from the 2000-2001 campaign.

Found this game from regional finals between Notre Dame and Vanderbilt.

https://youtu.be/z-BeRSN5mjI

Vandy was coached by Jim Foster and featured SO post Chantelle Anderson. Muffet, Of course, was leading the Irish team centered around SR Ruth Riley.

The teams also featured two hard nosed PF in Vandys Zuzi Klimesova and NDs Kelly Siemens, three point threats in vandys jenni Benningfield and Irish Alicia Ratay, and heady playmakers with the ‘Dores Ashley McElhiney and NDs Niele Ivey. I remember watching this game back in the day but have difficulty finding any Other videos of this era of Vandy ball. I believe Foster coached this Commodore team for one more season before heading off to the Ohio State.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/10/21 10:56 am    ::: Re: 20 years ago Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Thought it would be fun to throw in some history from the 2000-2001 campaign.

Found this game from regional finals between Notre Dame and Vanderbilt.

https://youtu.be/z-BeRSN5mjI

Vandy was coached by Jim Foster and featured SO post Chantelle Anderson. Muffet, Of course, was leading the Irish team centered around SR Ruth Riley.

The teams also featured two hard nosed PF in Vandys Zuzi Klimesova and NDs Kelly Siemens, three point threats in vandys jenni Benningfield and Irish Alicia Ratay, and heady playmakers with the ‘Dores Ashley McElhiney and NDs Niele Ivey. I remember watching this game back in the day but have difficulty finding any Other videos of this era of Vandy ball. I believe Foster coached this Commodore team for one more season before heading off to the Ohio State.

This Commodore team i think was the last competitive team Vanderbilt had. Todays kids would never know how prominent/national power house Vandy use to be in the Women's game ! PS...i use to loveee saying Zuzi Klimesova's name as a kid Laughing Laughing

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: