RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big Ten Games 3/06/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/06/21 3:07 pm    ::: Big Ten Games 3/06/21 Reply Reply with quote

Final day of B1G regular season

Indiana beats Purdue 74-59.

Spartans lead Badgers by 5 early in 3rd period.

Northwestern at Michigan and Penn State at Maryland just getting underway.

Nebraska at Iowa wraps up the slate; tip off at 8 pm ET.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/06/21 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's shocking to me how late the B10 regular season has gone, then a busy B10 tournament week with essentially no break (for the winning teams) until the NCAA's start.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/06/21 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
It's shocking to me how late the B10 regular season has gone, then a busy B10 tournament week with essentially no break (for the winning teams) until the NCAA's start.

If your team isn’t healthy, that can be a problem. But I think teams who have a week or more break between conference tourneys and NCAA can come out flat. Not a problem if you’re playing a 16 seed, but can be in a more competitive game.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/06/21 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSU easily beats Wisconsin 67-54.

Maryland blows open the game against Penn State in the 3rd quarter. A 12 point halftime lead is now 33 with about 7 minutes left in the final period.

Michigan has maintained a double digit lead over Northwestern for most of the game. Wolverines up 11 early in the 4th.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/06/21 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Terps cruise to 88-61 win and claim the outright B1G regular season championship. And they just got handed a really BIG B1G trophy. This conference doesn’t waste any time handing out the hardware!

And Michigan hangs on to finish regular season with a 63-58 victory over Northwestern.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/06/21 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had to hold my breath and not type. Michigan holds out over Northwestern, 63-58, and secures the double bye.

These teams will most likely meet again on Thursday.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/06/21 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

If your team isn’t healthy, that can be a problem. But I think teams who have a week or more break between conference tourneys and NCAA can come out flat. Not a problem if you’re playing a 16 seed, but can be in a more competitive game.

I oftentimes feel like when the B1G finishes early, they lose some momentum in the polls/tournament seeding.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/06/21 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
ripleydc wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

I oftentimes feel like when the B1G finishes early, they lose some momentum in the polls/tournament seeding.

Yeah I'd prefer the timing of the Big 10 tournament this year to what the BE has. I think the time off really hurts most teams.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/06/21 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
I had to hold my breath and not type. Michigan holds out over Northwestern, 63-58, and secures the double bye.

This was a big win for Michigan to stop their 4-game slide and maintain hopes for getting a decent NCAA seed.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/06/21 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Yeah I'd prefer the timing of the Big 10 tournament this year to what the BE has. I think the time off really hurts most teams.

When Maryland was still in the ACC, that week between the Tournament Championship and Selection Monday seemed like a month! Particularly if the team didn’t make it to the Conference Final, the wait to play the first NCAA game was too long! I prefer the B1G way of doing things.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/06/21 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

This was a big win for Michigan to stop their 4-game slide and maintain hopes for getting a decent NCAA seed.

Big win, yes, but there wasn’t a 4-game slide. They beat Ohio State 3 games earlier.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/06/21 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Big win, yes, but there wasn’t a 4-game slide. They beat Ohio State 3 games earlier.

Gosh you're right, thanks for pointing that out. I had that mixed up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: