RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#5 Oregon St vs #4 Oregon - 3/04/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/04/21 2:35 am    ::: #5 Oregon St vs #4 Oregon - 3/04/21 Reply Reply with quote

Pac-12 Conference Tournament - Quarterfinals
Las Vegas, LV - 2:00 PM ET

TV: Pac-12 Network (Ann Schatz, Tammy Blackburn)

Video stream:
https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2021/03/04/oregon-state-vs-oregon (tvpli)

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/conference.php?id=p12&sport=bbgame&gender=W

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/04/21 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big question of course is whether Paopao will be ready to go for uo.

PostPosted: 03/04/21 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Paopao.

10-5 OR end of first

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/04/21 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
No Paopao.

10-5 OR end of first

From OSU POV our worst quarter of the season. But now up 24-19 at the half.

PostPosted: 03/04/21 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's been a highly entertaining 3rd quarter. At one point the two teams collectively made 9 straight baskets. I sure wish my team (still) had this kind of coaching and talent! đŸ˜­đŸ”«

Last edited by Stormeo on 03/04/21 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Howee

PostPosted: 03/04/21 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ducks shooting 37% fg, 25% on 3s? Rolling Eyes Not gonna happen, my little quacklings.

PostPosted: 03/04/21 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting lineup late in the game here by the Ducks with the freshmen posts Dugalić & Watson playing with Nyara Sabally. The freshmen have played I think the whole 4th quarter, with I think Dugalić in particular playing/guarding the 3 since Sabally came back in. Very little action for Sedona Prince here this quarter, despite how effective she was in the last game.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/04/21 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tammy Blackburn may be the most annoying color person i've had the displeasure of hearing.

Go Beavs!

osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/04/21 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice W. Beavs can’t afford 5 point quarter against Stanford though.

5 points in 1Q
31 points in 3Q (PAC-12 tournament record most points in a quarter).

Last edited by osubeavers on 03/04/21 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/04/21 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Tammy Blackburn may be the most annoying color person i've had the displeasure of hearing.

It's not college, and it's been a hot minute, but I still don't think anyone can top the awfulness of Ann Meyers Drysdale doing color for her Phoenix Mercury. Laughing

Many of these main Pac-12 broadcasters ain't shit, but I've found a way to stomach them. The one thing I (think I) can say about them is, they do concentrate on the game in front of them (they get so hyped up, for better or worse) & don't stray from talking about it too much.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/04/21 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beavs *look* like they might give Stanford a good run. The 5pt/31pt thing? Just chalk it up to March Madness. Razz

Now. Miss Boley? Her madness has preceded March. WTH happened to her long range game? Oregon's strength has long been their weaponry featuring 4-5 assassins from the arc. Last year, everybody (but Ruthie) was deadly from there. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 03/04/21 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Now. Miss Boley? Her madness has preceded March. WTH happened to her long range game?

Boley had a good chance this year to take the reins, but it just hasn't happened; She has simply plateaued. The former Top-10 high school prospect has a great jumper, but just doesn't do anything else well – rebounding, ballhandling, passing, intangibles, and definitely not defending. Combined with her 'tweener' size, I don't see her succeeding in the W as of now. She's better off staying in school (maybe somewhere else) & trying it all over again.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/04/21 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Howee wrote:
Now. Miss Boley? Her madness has preceded March. WTH happened to her long range game?

Boley had a good chance this year to take the reins, but it just hasn't happened; She has simply plateaued. The former Top-10 high school prospect has a great jumper, but just doesn't do anything else well – rebounding, ballhandling, passing, intangibles, and definitely not defending. Combined with her 'tweener' size, I don't see her succeeding in the W as of now. She's better off staying in school (maybe somewhere else) & trying it all over again.

Totally agree with you, and I think it's worth mentioning that this is all occuring within the context of a team where no one has really played up to their fullest potential all season. Lots of potential/talent that can't seem to figure out how to feed off of each other and play together.

As for Oregon--I feel like they deserve a lower seed than they have been projected to get all season. Committee needs to seed based off of results, not reputation or potential. On the other hand though, they don't have any terrible losses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: