RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pro-Trump Anarchists/Domestic Terrorists Storm the Capitol
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/06/21 2:38 pm    ::: Pro-Trump Anarchists/Domestic Terrorists Storm the Capitol Reply Reply with quote

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/politics/us-capitol-lockdown/index.html

Quote:
Supporters of President Donald Trump have breached the US Capitol, according to Capitol police officers, as lawmakers count the Electoral College votes certifying President-elect Joe Biden's win.

Shortly after 1 p.m. hundreds of pro-Trump protesters pushed through barriers set up along the perimeter of the Capitol, where they tussled with officers in full riot gear, some calling the officers "traitors" for doing their jobs. About 90 minutes later, police said demonstrators got into the building and the doors to the House and Senate were being locked.
Video from inside the Capitol showed Trump supporters marching through Statuary Hall. The US Capitol Police is asking for additional law enforcement for assistance, including federal authorities, per a source familiar.
The source says there are several suspicious devices outside the Capitol building.

The protesters have breached exterior security barriers, and video footage shows protesters gathering and some clashing with police near the Capitol building. CNN's team on the ground saw a number of protestors trying to go up the side of the Capitol building. Several loud flash bangs have been heard.
Protesters could be seen pushing against metal fences and police using the fences to push protesters back, while other officers reached over the top to club people trying to cross their lines.

Flash bangs could be heard near the steps of the Capitol as smoke filled the air. In some instances officers could be seen deploying pepper spray. Tear gas has been deployed, but it's not clear whether by protesters or police, and people wiped tears from their eyes while coughing.
Trump supporters chanted "USA" and waved American and "Don't Tread on Me" flags toward the front of the crowd after things had calmed some.

Simply unprecedented times here in America. "I've never seen anything like it" is the quote of the day. Dangerous situation unfolding here.

Last edited by Stormeo on 01/06/21 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 01/06/21 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Incredible. Trump is absolutely deranged. He should be removed from office immediately and charged with crimes against democracy. I’m making shit up now but you know what I mean. If he hasn’t crossed the line at this point then, let’s face it, there is no line.

PostPosted: 01/06/21 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nancy Pelosi's daughter says that the Speaker is "safe".

https://twitter.com/sfpelosi/status/1346907503557103618

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/06/21 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least one protestor seen here has made it into the chamber, where initial electoral vote proceedings had commenced just one hour prior (with VP Mike Pence sitting in that very seat).

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1346906369232920576

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/06/21 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of our current VP, he has been evacuated.

And of our VP-elect Harris, she is "safe" according to her aide.

Simply following along to CNN live updates: https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/congress-electoral-college-vote-count-2021/index.html

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/06/21 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WHAT THE FUCK??????????

I walked by a tv a few minutes ago and saw what was happening.

This is disgusting! I hope that they are all arrested and thrown in jail!

Even the repubs that were supporting Trump and were going to protest the electoral vote.

They have NOTHING to be proud of.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/06/21 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"A woman is in critical condition after being shot in the chest on the Capitol grounds, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

The sources could not provide further details on the circumstances of the shooting."

toad455

PostPosted: 01/06/21 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is terrifying.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/06/21 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Virginia's Governor says the Virginia National Guard and 200 State Troopers are being sent to respond to the situation in Washington DC.

DC National Guard also being mobilized after the Department of Defense allegedly initially denied a request by DC officials to deploy them to the Capitol.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/06/21 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both the Georgia and Kansas State Capitols have been stormed by these Pro-Trump thugs.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/06/21 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1346920198461419520

Quote:
Cops are taking selfies with the terrorists.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/06/21 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perhaps it's time to modernize the transition process. Other modern democracies transfer power within a week of the election, often the next day. The US still allows enough time to reach Washington by horse.

PostPosted: 01/06/21 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
"A woman is in critical condition after being shot in the chest on the Capitol grounds, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

The sources could not provide further details on the circumstances of the shooting."

She's passed away.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/06/21 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mob broke-in to the grounds of Governors mansion in Seattle. Occupied The lawn before being disbursed

pilight

PostPosted: 01/06/21 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

She's passed away.

She was, of course, shot by the cops

PostPosted: 01/06/21 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Mob broke-in to the grounds of Governors mansion in Seattle. Occupied The lawn before being disbursed

Olympia. The Governor's mansion is in the capital, which is not Seattle.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/06/21 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just had a crazy thought.

Could it be possible that this is what brings Americans together again? Where people wake up and decided that we're on the wrong path?

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 01/06/21 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is going to need a lot of unpacking.

PostPosted: 01/06/21 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Serious talk of invoking the 25th amendment according to the networks. Fingers are crossed. Can’t put anything past Trump at this point.

PostPosted: 01/06/21 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Serious talk of invoking the 25th amendment according to the networks. Fingers are crossed. Can’t put anything past Trump at this point.

The second Dick Cheney did something good, I got real nervous.

PostPosted: 01/06/21 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Birch Bayh authored both Title IX and the 25th amendment!!!

Quote:
Late former Sen. Birch Bayh wrote in his book “One Heartbeat Away: Presidential Disability and Succession” that he knew the most controversial aspect of the amendment he authored would be how to handle the rare instances when a president’s team disputed his ability to serve.

“You know, fellows, we've talked about this problem a hundred times,” Bayh recounted, telling his aides when they were in the final stages of negotiation. “The only time it would present itself – the only time the president would say 'I'm well and able' and the vice president and cabinet would disagree – would be if the president was as nutty as a fruit cake.”

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 01/06/21 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Four dead now. I think all but the one woman shot are medical emergencies, heart attacks, etc.

PostPosted: 01/06/21 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Birch Bayh authored both Title IX and the 25th amendment!!!

Quote:
Late former Sen. Birch Bayh wrote in his book “One Heartbeat Away: Presidential Disability and Succession” that he knew the most controversial aspect of the amendment he authored would be how to handle the rare instances when a president’s team disputed his ability to serve.

“You know, fellows, we've talked about this problem a hundred times,” Bayh recounted, telling his aides when they were in the final stages of negotiation. “The only time it would present itself – the only time the president would say 'I'm well and able' and the vice president and cabinet would disagree – would be if the president was as nutty as a fruit cake.”

That’s a pretty low bar. Wink.

But seriously. Trump has always been this one thing: dangerous. This day might have been inevitable given him, like any politician, ever losing an election, but I really can’t imagine more appropriate circumstances for the 25th amendment being critically important and needed.

PostPosted: 01/07/21 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There has been almost no news about the woman shot. This article identifies her as a 35 year old Trump supporter from San Diego, but doesn't have any details on where and why she was shot.

Woman shot inside US Capitol dies

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 01/07/21 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
There has been almost no news about the woman shot. This article identifies her as a 35 year old Trump supporter from San Diego, but doesn't have any details on where and why she was shot.

Woman shot inside US Capitol dies

There’s video of the shooting on Twitter and YouTube and I’m sure other places online. It’s as an unwarranted use of the deadliest of force by any sort of official security or police as you’re going to see. Sad.

A group of protesters and police are on one side of a set of those typically ornate glass double doorways in the building. And those doors are surrounded by glass panes. One has been broken but the doors are shut. This fairly smallish woman stands up on the window frame and sticks a portion of herself through the broken window pane and is immediately shot and collapses. But the police on her side of the doors, where there’s about a dozen protesters and about four riot style capital police with assault rifles, are pretty much not even paying attention to her. Her standing and peering through that window with everything else that was going on should not have resulted in a gunshot fired at her neck, killeing her and potentially injuring anyone on the other side of those doors. Honestly it reminds me of Kent State. There are also pretty gruesome photos of her getting first aid.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: