RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Joe Biden Speaking Gaffes Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/19/20 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
On NBC affiliate News 12 in Phoenix, Biden called Arizona "an important city" when asked about the state being in play during the 2020 election:

“Arizona is very much in play in 2020, so we appreciate you taking some time and talk to the people of our state,” anchor Mark Curtis said.

“Oh, you’re an important city. You guys are going through hell right now, are ya?” Biden responded.

You mean he talked to someone in Phoenix on the Phoenix news about the city of Phoenix?

Is this seriously what passes for MAGA Land news after Trump's hour of rambling rants yesterday?

No I don't mean that because he was being asked about the state of Arizona.

Is this seriously how America Sucks land tries to deflect attention in a thread about Joe Biden speaking gaffes?

There's no gaffe there. That's the point.

If these are the kinds of straws you people want to reach for, it says a lot more about you than about anything else.

It's not a gaffe to YOU because you are triggered by anything anti-Biden. Your immediate response was to take a cheap shot like you do with everyone else you disagree with in this forum. Which tells me you can dish it but can't take it. Says a lot about you.

Do you see me getting all butthurt over every Trump comment you make? No. Because it doesn't get to me. You, on the other hand, get your panties so wadded up over eveything you don't like that you have to resort to name calling.

Go ahead and start a Trump gaffe thread. Let's see how people react.

So triggered.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/22/20 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-says-trump-is-americas-first-racist-president/2020/07/22/867017e8-cc4b-11ea-bc6a-6841b28d9093_story.html

"We’ve had racists, and they’ve existed, they’ve tried to get elected president. He’s the first one that has."

Most estimates put the number of racist presidents in the low-mid 40's

PostPosted: 07/22/20 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-says-trump-is-americas-first-racist-president/2020/07/22/867017e8-cc4b-11ea-bc6a-6841b28d9093_story.html

"We’ve had racists, and they’ve existed, they’ve tried to get elected president. He’s the first one that has."

Maybe he meant "He's the first racist to get elected president after Barack Obama's Presidency."

PostPosted: 07/23/20 3:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Way to high. We know from the constant statements of Democrats, that only Republicans are racist.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/23/20 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

Way to high. We know from the constant statements of Democrats, that only Republicans are racist.

Nope...

Kennedy, LBJ, Carter and Clinton tried not to be. And it’s tried..not weren’t. And that’s all I’m giving credit to. (And Kennedy is seriously debatable, and Clinton has the Crime Bill hanging over his head, although had considerable positive rhetoric and actions that were anti-racist. Carter didn’t do anything wrong that I can think of off the top of my head, but I can’t think of anything night either. So essentially..the only white president that I will unquestionably say was anti-racist was LBJ.)

(And I’m qualifying “not racist” with “rhetoric and some policy decisions were anti-racist.” Obviously all presidents were socialized in a systemic and institutionalized racist environment. So by “not racist” I mean, “tried to/made decisions that..positively impacted black and brown communities.)

PostPosted: 07/23/20 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

It's hard to imagine ANY president that didn't have SOME level of inner racism present in their own persona. That's simply a by-product of our societal norms -- "we" have always been a society where racial distinctions have mattered, and impacted our thoughts and decisions.

As for presidents, there were those who had lesser degrees of it, and -- most importantly -- ACTED AGAINST IT IN THEIR POLICY AND PRESENTATION. Then, there were those who never hid it AND allowed it to affect their policies and presentations.

Re: the original point here (Biden's alleged 'gaffe' on this count) it's far more readily forgiven than the blatant racism 45 embodies. One is just inaccurate, the other foments racial divisiveness.

PostPosted: 07/23/20 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

It's hard to imagine ANY president that didn't have SOME level of inner racism present in their own persona. That's simply a by-product of our societal norms -- "we" have always been a society where racial distinctions have mattered, and impacted our thoughts and decisions.

As for presidents, there were those who had lesser degrees of it, and -- most importantly -- ACTED AGAINST IT IN THEIR POLICY AND PRESENTATION. Then, there were those who never hid it AND allowed it to affect their policies and presentations.

Re: the original point here (Biden's alleged 'gaffe' on this count) it's far more readily forgiven than the blatant racism 45 embodies. One is just inaccurate, the other foments racial divisiveness.

I think Biden's comment is inaccurate on the face..and also a reflection of how older people define racism. (Outspokenly prejudice)

Outside of Donald, President's used dog whistles and spoke against racism on the face. See Bush Jr.'s comments about not discriminating against Muslim Americans..while "The War on Terror"..was code for war against Muslim people.

Donald doesn't use codes.

PostPosted: 08/07/20 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/06/joe-biden-latino-african-american-remark-392354

Quote:
"Unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things," Biden said. "You go to Florida, you find a very different attitude about immigration than you do in Arizona. So it's a very diverse community."

Quote:
"We can build a new administration that reflects the full diversity of our nation. The full diversity of the Latino communities," Biden said. "Now when I mean full diversity, unlike African American community, many other communities, you're from everywhere. From Europe. From the tip of South America, all the way to our border and Mexico and in the Caribbean. And different backgrounds, different ethnicities, but all Latinos."

Apparently all black people are the same, with notable exceptions

PostPosted: 08/07/20 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Just like all us white folk are 'alike'. So maybe that's a "step up" from the Hispanic community, where they're still divided by origin, e.g.: don't label a Puerto Rican "Mexican", or a Bolivian as a "Cuban", etc. Razz

Poor Joe. He seldom does himself any favors when he gets to the more nuanced social dialogue.

PostPosted: 08/07/20 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Just like all us white folk are 'alike'. So maybe that's a "step up" from the Hispanic community, where they're still divided by origin, e.g.: don't label a Puerto Rican "Mexican", or a Bolivian as a "Cuban", etc. Razz

Poor Joe. He seldom does himself any favors when he gets to the more nuanced social dialogue.

Really really really hoping his VP does most of the campaigning..and Presidenting...(and talking) Laughing

PostPosted: 08/25/20 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
So essentially..the only white president that I will unquestionably say was anti-racist was LBJ.

The guy who once said, "We'll have these n**gers voting Democrat for the next 200 years" is the guy you're telling us is the one "not racist" President we've ever had.

That's rich.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/25/20 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
So essentially..the only white president that I will unquestionably say was anti-racist was LBJ.

The guy who once said, "We'll have these n**gers voting Democrat for the next 200 years" is the guy you're telling us is the one "not racist" President we've ever had.

That's rich.

Did he?

Well then..no racist white presidents. But I'd still argue that LBJ's policies were the most anti-racist of our white presidents.

PostPosted: 08/25/20 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

That's rich.

Did he?

Well then..no racist white presidents. But I'd still argue that LBJ's policies were the most anti-racist of our white presidents.

Confirm the LBJ statement before he evolved. Gotta hand it to LBJ for understanding the moment and making HUGE legislative strides in Civil Rights in mid 60's. He certainly was not an "anti-racist" but made good use of the Civil Rights Movement to get legislation through Congress. Too bad he was so stupid about Viet Nam and too late in recognizing that putting yourself into a fight in which you cannot tell apart friend and foe is a no win, high death prognosis.

Police do it all the time. When they're not killing the black person in the fight, they're getting killed themselves.

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 08/25/20 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

Yeah, that's most probably the best assessment. Now, if we'd ever have had a QUAKER president (no, wait....Nixon!). I believe it's safe to say that even the most High-Minded, morally centered president we've had was still racist on some level speaks to the absolute truth that RACISM IS SYSTEMIC in our culture: so much of our economy (and hence, our entire culture) was founded on racist practices....those prevailing norms simply DO NOT 'go away' quickly or easily.

In fairness, one could certainly state that LBJ made significant changes -- up to the Civil Rights Act -- as he saw the cultural landscape changing, unlike the dolt that nowadays only doubles down on his ignorant stances on everything he spouts.

PostPosted: 08/25/20 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

That's rich.

Did he?

Confirm the LBJ statement before he evolved. Gotta hand it to LBJ for understanding the moment and making HUGE legislative strides in Civil Rights in mid 60's. He certainly was not an "anti-racist" but made good use of the Civil Rights Movement to get legislation through Congress. Too bad he was so stupid about Viet Nam and too late in recognizing that putting yourself into a fight in which you cannot tell apart friend and foe is a no win, high death prognosis.

Police do it all the time. When they're not killing the black person in the fight, they're getting killed themselves.

~rAf
StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/25/20 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08/25/20 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08/25/20 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Yeah, that's most probably the best assessment. Now, if we'd ever have had a QUAKER president (no, wait....Nixon!). I believe it's safe to say that even the most High-Minded, morally centered president we've had was still racist on some level speaks to the absolute truth that RACISM IS SYSTEMIC in our culture: so much of our economy (and hence, our entire culture) was founded on racist practices....those prevailing norms simply DO NOT 'go away' quickly or easily.

In fairness, one could certainly state that LBJ made significant changes -- up to the Civil Rights Act -- as he saw the cultural landscape changing, unlike the dolt that nowadays only doubles down on his ignorant stances on everything he spouts.

To me, his enforcement of the Supreme Court decision to integrate schools puts him at a different level than other presidents.

So often we have policies or decisions meant to help oppressed groups, but they aren't enforced or their purpose gets shifted, or their rights get chipped away.

Although integration didn't happen the way it should. LBJ's stance and enforcement (and use of the National Guard to protect Black Americans) stands out.

PostPosted: 09/04/20 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"We came up with $800 billion. You know what we did with it? We sent it to the states. And the states were able to keep their key people employed."
-Joe Biden this week on the Obama stimulus that was meant to rebuild our infrastructure during a press conference.

He just admitted that none of the money was used for infrastructure. It was used to funnel money (indirectly) back to the Democrat Party's campaign team. And before anyone responds, the money WAS followed and documented.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Biden apparently think we experimented on the Tuskeegee Airmen

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1408182902978977802

PostPosted: 09/07/21 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/joe-biden-new-jersey-hurricane-ida-press-conference-transcript

Quote:
The members of Congress know from their colleagues in Congress that looks like a tornado, they don’t call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country in Iowa and Nevada.

Yes, the well known Nevada wetlands in the middle of the country that are so often threatened by tornadoes (or whatever they're being called these days)

PostPosted: 09/07/21 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's a whole thread on this topic? Sheesh. I just put all the recent ones in the Afghanistan thread.

Howee

PostPosted: 09/07/21 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Quote:
The members of Congress know from their colleagues in Congress that looks like a tornado, they don’t call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country in Iowa and Nevada.

Yes, the well known Nevada wetlands in the middle of the country that are so often threatened by tornadoes (or whatever they're being called these days)

Laughing He is so gottdamm precious! Cool

PostPosted: 09/07/21 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Quote:

I think that I'm ok with a gaffe every now and then vs. the mean, hateful words that more frequently came out of the previous occupier of the WH.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 09/07/21 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Quote:

I think that I'm ok with a gaffe every now and then vs. the mean, hateful words that more frequently came out of the previous occupier of the WH.

"Mean" and "hateful"?? Certainly we can do better than that..... what about all of the arrogant, lying, divisive, misogynistic, disgusting, derogatory, demeaning, egocentric, caustic, defamatory, derisive, bullshitty words that flowed out of the mouth of 45. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: