RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Storm stuff in the basement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA Collectibles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyk

PostPosted: 11/19/18 9:48 pm    ::: Storm stuff in the basement Reply Reply with quote

So I'm pretty much forced to clean out a bunch of stuff in my basement. I have a lot of Storm stuff from '02 to '10. Other than rings, trophies and a dog tag, I'm willing to get rid of most of it. I figure I'd give advance notice to this group before I start going through boxes and it ends up on ebay or something. Who's interested?

Hawkeye

PostPosted: 11/20/18 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, what do you have?

jimmyk

PostPosted: 11/20/18 2:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know off the top of my head of plastic cups, pics of Sue and LJ that someone printed for me, a big green and yellow pom pom and a bunch of programs from games. I have two team posters (the giveaways) and a Bring it home sign they gave away at ‘04 playoff games. I’ll pop open a box and post specifics tomorrow evening.

I think there are jerseys, too, but I’ll have to look to make sure.

sambista

PostPosted: 11/20/18 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

while the topic is active, i'll also put this out there: i have a small storage unit FULL of wnba collectibles, dating roughly from the wnba's inception to about 2002.

the storage unit is in new jersey, i'm currently in california, i've been overseas for eight years, and i'm about to jump to another country. needless to say, my beloved collection has become a headache because i'm needlessly paying for storage. since i've become a nomad, keeping this collection is impossible.

if you or someone you know is interested in a bulk fire sale, or several bulk fire sales, please pm me. i haven't taken inventory of items, but i've got several boxes of cards, several boxes of bobbleheads, signed jerseys, signed basketballs, signed photos, yearly league guides, books, magazines (some articles authored by yours truly), all manner of miscellany, all-star-game gear . . . too much to even think about. ideally, i'd sell the whole kit and kaboodle to one buyer in the ny/nj area who can haul everything away for peanuts. the only unacceptable option is to toss it all.

@jimmyk, very sorry for appropriating your post, but this subforum has been dormant for a long time. i couldn't pass up the opportunity. good luck with your booty as well.

PostPosted: 11/20/18 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista,

Man...if I had any amount of vacation time (I won't have much until mid-2019) I would love to take a look at what's there. Sad

sambista

PostPosted: 11/21/18 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hawkeye wrote:
sambista,

Man...if I had any amount of vacation time (I won't have much until mid-2019) I would love to take a look at what's there. Sad

no loss, really. i have no plans to get back to jersey before the middle of next year, if then. i'd have to have a good reason to make a flight to resolve the storage. right now i'm just trying to locate interested parties.

PostPosted: 03/27/19 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
@jimmyk, very sorry for appropriating your post, but this subforum has been dormant for a long time. i couldn't pass up the opportunity. good luck with your booty as well.

No worries! I probably posted that long before I should've. I have come up with a very preliminary list of stuff I'd like to part with.

First, I have a Sue Bird fathead that I frankly never should've purchased in the first place. I thought I was going to put it up somewhere and was informed that such a thing would not be happening. So, it's been rolled up under the bed ever since. LOL

I plan on keeping the 2004 and 2010 Storm stuff because those were championship years. But most of the rest is probably going to go. Off the top of my head:
    Storm locker room sign
    Allison Feaster Sting 2xl jersey
    A few other 2xl Storm jerseys (including a Bird or two, circa 02-06)
    I have LJ and Anne Donovan bobbleheads--or did--but they both broke because they were too tall (imagine that, right).
    There's a huge pom pom in there and a boatload of game programs that I think Queenie gave me back in the day. If I didn't need to offload boxes I'd keep them.
    There's a Storm car flag that can find a new home since I don't use those anymore.
I guarantee you there's a lot more than that...I just haven't looked! Message me if you're interested.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 08/12/19 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've done some moving around, and here are things I have available right now (as in they're in easy reach and I can get them in the mail in a day or two). I'm not terribly sure of the year of some of the jerseys, though.

Starting with my Storm jerseys, all size 2XL:
#21 Semeka Randall road jersey (circa 2002, maybe?)
#10 Sue Bird home jersey (2010-ish, I think)
#10 Sue Bird road jersey (gotta be '02 or '03 or so)
#15 Lauren Jackson jersey (around 2010)

There's an I *heart* Sue shirt that has Bird 10 on the back, size 2xl.
As mentioned above, I have a Storm car flag available, too.
I have an inaugural game basketball from June 1, 2000.
As mentioned above, a Seattle Storm locker room sign, around 19" by 7 3/4".
2003 Storm team poster with BEAT L.A. on the back
A mini Storm basketball with the WNBA's 10th anniversary logo
A little Storm plush ball
2 Storm pens and 3 logo stickers
A Sue Bird coffee mug
Hustle Rewards visor
A Sue Bird autographed picture (has a certificate of authenticity...might ask a bit for that)
I've got a pic of Sue and LJ in their gorgeous orange West All-Stars uniforms

Various 2006 lineup cards:
Storm vs. Liberty
Storm vs. Sun
San Antonio vs. Seattle
Comets vs. Monarchs (gosh I miss them both!)

Some cards I've collected...only keeping 1 of each of these:
11 Sue Bird giveaway cards
5 Tully Bevilaqua Perth Lynx cards
Australian Opals cards of Penny Taylor and Kristi Harrower
Canberra Capitals WNBL card

Whatcha want? DM me and we'll talk. Smile

jimmyk

PostPosted: 08/13/19 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Playing ping-pong with sambista here. But, if you don't do DMs but you're interested in this stuff, look me up on gmail with the part before the @ being jimmykentwood. Smile Or you can drop me a line on Twitter @wxmc. Smile

jimmyk

PostPosted: 11/02/19 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Second round of stuff...if anyone wants any of this, DM me or email jimmykentwood at gmail dot com. Here's the list, noting that most of what's in the posts above is still available.

4 Storm cups
A Storm hustle rewards fanny pack
A little white pom-pom with Storm stuff on it
A bandana with the Storm's secondary logo all over it
Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson 2002 All Stars poster
8 Virginia Mason healthy heart program Sue Bird cards
Sue Bird's book "Be Yourself"
WNBA A Celebration:Commemorating the Birth of a League book
3 Go Storm playoff posters, one from the 2002 playoffs
A picture album with a Storm cover with pictures of various players/coaches
Anne Donovan and Lauren Jackson bobbleheads (both broken at the ankles, I'm sure they can be super glued back to health)
A bunch of 2002/2003 lineup cards, mostly Storm, but some Liberty, too
A bunch of Storm game programs from 2002

Let me know what you want and I'll get it to ya. Smile

jimmyk

PostPosted: 07/04/20 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thread bump! I've got a big storage tote with all the Storm stuff right under the laptop I'm on right now. So if you want anything out of it, let me know in DMs or in the info above. Last chance before it all ends up at Goodwill or on ebay or something.

FYI...Feaster jersey and I heart Sue shirt are gone. Everything else remains to my knowledge. Let me know Storm fans (boy I miss that board right about now)!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA Collectibles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: