RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other Games 11/19-11/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 11/19/19 8:21 pm    ::: Other Games 11/19-11/21 Reply Reply with quote

Ugly game so far between Marquette and UWGB - MU leads 13-5 after the first quarter. Neither team scored the last 4 minutes of the quarter. It’s on ESPN plus if anyone else wants to watch an ugly game 😀.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/19/19 10:49 pm    ::: Re: Other Games 11/19-11/21 Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Ugly game so far between Marquette and UWGB - MU leads 13-5 after the first quarter. Neither team scored the last 4 minutes of the quarter. It’s on ESPN plus if anyone else wants to watch an ugly game 😀.

looking at the games to be played today, I thought this one might be interesting. Neither team is up to their recent standards this year, but I guess Marquette is closer.

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 11/19/19 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette ended up winning this one 60-47 and it was the first time since December of 2007 since they had won in Green Bay. UWGB looks to not be quite as good as they've been over the last several years. Every win MU can pick up is nice in my opinion as I'd really like them to finish with at least a .500 overall record and be able to go to the WNIT this season.

Thankfully Selena Lott was back for Marquette in this one after missing the game against Northwestern - she's their best player and they really need her in there.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 11/19/19 11:00 pm    ::: Re: Other Games 11/19-11/21 Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

looking at the games to be played today, I thought this one might be interesting. Neither team is up to their recent standards this year, but I guess Marquette is closer.

Marquette has struggled a bit with their offense so far this season. But they had strong defense tonight and did enough to win. I'm so happy that Selena Lott is back after missing that one game - they need her so badly.

Their next game will probably be pretty ugly as they host Mississippi State on Monday. They are 4-1 so far with a relatively easy schedule - just hoping for the .500 record this year so they can go to the WNIT - they have a young team who could use that experience.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/20/19 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee over Stetson 73-46 last night at TBA. Rennia Davis continues to have the hot hand for the Lady Vols with 15, but scoring was pretty balanced, with Horston scoring 11 in the 1Q and 14 overall (plus 7 assists), Massengill 12, Kushkituah 11 and Burrell 10 (11 rebounds for her). They're in the middle of a 5 game home stand.

PostPosted: 11/20/19 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For tonight's *interesting* matchupz:

TCU prevails over SMU 57-56
Boston University takes down Albany, 60-58
Oklahoma defeats SFAustin, 62-75
Butler takes away a win from IUPUI, 64-61

PostPosted: 11/21/19 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In Arizona's win over Prairie view A&M Aari mcD goes all-Ionescu with 15 points, 14 assists and nine rebounds. Catherine Reese with a double double of her own in 20 points and 10 rebounds.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/21/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU went up to DC and beat Georgetown 66-59 in a game that can only be described as fugly. For the second game in a row the Dukes were without starting PG Maddy Green, whose injury has not been reported. Senior post player Devon Merritt had a career game with 21 points.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: