RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bowling for Hambones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/27/19 11:43 pm    ::: Bowling for Hambones Reply Reply with quote

So I discovered thanks to having watched Rob Stone do bowling on ESPN that Fox has the PBA now. And he's doing a lot of the play-by-play with his old partner Randy Pedersen. Doesn't sound like they've missed a beat. I love how Rob cheers for everybody...it's man and ball vs. the pins, so that's how it should be!

I watched Jason Belmonte win his 10th and 11th majors...the 11th just last week. The man is simply amazing.

Any bowling fans in here? Any purists who don't like Rob's hambone and yahtzee for 4 and 5 straight strikes? How about actually bowling?

I've got plans to go for the first time in years in a week or so, and the fantastic coverage on FS1 is what's gotten me involved. They're doing such a great job that I'm considering digging my ball out (it's probably not far from all that WNBA stuff I need to get rid of in the basement) and using it for the first time in a while!

jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/27/19 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

True story, though (and yes, it deserves a separate reply), I asked someone from Storm--the bowling ball manufacturer--if they could make a WNBA ball. It had to be ages ago, and I might have even talked about it here.

I was told that they needed either 300 or 500 people to basically guarantee they'd get one before making a ball that looked like that. I still think that orange and white pattern would look fantastic rolling down the lanes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: