message for the Brigade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportsfan48

PostPosted: 04/22/05 2:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PennyTfan1 wrote:
mb wrote:
http://www.gotnext.com/mercury/viewtopic.php?t=1310

That thread rocks!!! As a travel agent, I have tons of info at my disposal but often times, it's difficult to get a moment to use my resources for personal reasons. The manager seems to frown on that for some reason. Any info I might have needed was contained in one easy place. Thanks SO much for sharing.

I feel kinda guilty after seeing a lot of the comments about the cost at the Hyatt though. Since I am not sure which trip I might be able to take, I just reserved a room there for both July and Aug. and got a rate of $60 per night for both. I guess having an IATAN card really does pay off. Now if I can just bamboozle Continental Airlines into giving me seats so I can use a free pass (not an easy task at all)......I'll be set.

The Wyndham Hotel and San Carlos are within easy walking distance. Only a couple of blocks. Keegan and luuc stayed at the San Carlos so they might be able to give you the lowdown on it.

I pricelined a 5 star in downtown Phoenix when Seattle came to town the first of September for $40 and got the Hyatt. You never know. Summer time in Phoenix is the off season, so you should get better rates.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/22/05 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't forget my personal favorite name for a hotel....The Westward Ho.

mb

PostPosted: 04/22/05 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Valley Ho is in south Scottsdale...currently getting a makeover.

The resort Cam, not me!

aml10

PostPosted: 04/22/05 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

you people really are entertaining Laughing

the San Carlos is a lovely hotel and within puking distance, er, i mean, it's next door to a lovely irish pub (luuc, care to elaborate? Twisted Evil ). the San Carlos is also a 'quieter' option than the Hyatt which at any time can be hosting a south of the border low rider fest (that isn't sarcasm! isn't that what was there that first weekend in september last year?!). let's see...what other hotels did i stay at? Razz

the Valley Ho was in Scottsdale... stayed there with Keegan... er, wait... that WAS mb's!

hard to keep track of all of this! Razz

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/22/05 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb wrote:

The resort Cam, not me!

I got propositioned by 2 Valley Ho's on Mill Ave. in Tempe. They both NEEDED makeovers. Surprised

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 04/22/05 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PennyT, these 2 Westward-bound Ho's stayed at this resort

http://www.sunburstresort.com/accommodations.cfm

for $59.95 /night off season special when we visited the Brigade last September. Four swimming pools, waterfalls, hot tub, poolside bar, 2/1 drink and spa specials, thirst quenching Pina Coladas, and especially dry vodka gimlets. Its the best vacation I don't remember.Wink

caune

PostPosted: 04/22/05 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PennyTfan1 wrote:
mb wrote:

The resort Cam, not me!

I got propositioned by 2 Valley Ho's on Mill Ave. in Tempe. They both NEEDED makeovers. Surprised

I love you people!!!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/22/05 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

aml10 wrote:
the San Carlos is a lovely hotel and within puking distance, er, i mean, it's next door to a lovely irish pub (luuc, care to elaborate? Twisted Evil ).

Yes, aml10, I would be happy to elaborate Smile
The San Carlos is a charming older-style hotel featuring spacious 2-room suites, allowing you to hypothetically kick your roommate into the other side if for some reason they should become bothersome.
The walls could perhaps be a little thicker, and the interior doors more lockable, but overall a comfortable and affordable place to stay that has a bit of character compared to your typical hotels.
It is indeed next door to an Irish Pub that offers a dizzying array of beverage options, a comfortable, soft floor, and a generous distribution of garbage bins so that there is always one within easy reach should the need for rapid waste disposal happen to arise.

PostPosted: 04/22/05 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks to Luuuc for your eloquent synopsis of the San Carlos Surprised

i couldn't have remembered it better myself.

1carol

PostPosted: 04/22/05 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

aml10 wrote:
The San Carlos is also a 'quieter' option

thanks to Luuuc for your eloquent synopsis of the San Carlos Surprised
I couldn't have remembered it better myself.
let's see...what other hotels did i stay at?

the Valley Ho was in Scottsdale... stayed there with Keegan... er, wait... that WAS mb's!

You're making me misty just thinking about all the fun we had when all of you visited last Sept.....
We found shelter (even if it was someone elses suite) for the weeble who came for a weekend & stayed for a month.
We kept all of you alive while dodging traffic as you danced in the street. Shocked
We kept track of the AUS flag as it draped many a shoulder during impromptu kaeroke. Rolling Eyes
Led/carried all of you back to the closest hotel room from whichever establishment you were entertaining us in at the end of night.
We laughed till tears ran down our cheeks (cam... your other cheeks!) Embarassed

BTW...The San Carlos was only quiet when you were sleeping to recover from the night before. Twisted Evil Laughing

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/23/05 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd recommend the Embassy Suites (Biltmore). I forget the exact address but it's the one next to the Biltmore shopping center. There's good restaurants there and the Hotel has a really nice pool and free breakfast - and I mean REAL breakfast!
It's about $90 a night - pretty nice suites too!

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/25/05 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
I'd recommend the Embassy Suites (Biltmore). I forget the exact address but it's the one next to the Biltmore shopping center. There's good restaurants there and the Hotel has a really nice pool and free breakfast - and I mean REAL breakfast!

I know exactly where that hotel is. Nice area and it doesn't get much better than ES. That said.....IF I can make this work...I won't be renting a car so my preference is to have everything except the airport within a reasonable area for foot patrol. I'd rather spend money buying rounds at Majerle's instead of giving it to the "fine cab drivers" of the metropolitan Phoenix area.

gopher5

PostPosted: 04/25/05 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know this was mentioned already and you are familiar with it, but I stayed at the Hyatt when I was in Phoenix for the Tempe Regional in March and was really happy with it. It must be the closest location wise to the area (and Majerle's).

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/25/05 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="PennyTfan1"]
Slovydal wrote:

I used to stay there when I drove out from LA. They would let me check in at 7:00 am (after driving all night) and breakfast was on!
I didn't have to check out until 1:00 in the afternoon the next day (and got breakfast that morning too)
It was like two days for the price of one.
Like I said, the pool is really nice and there's shopping right accross the street. I can't think of anywhere better and I've stayed all over Phoenix.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/25/05 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since I am someone who is intimately familiar with hotels... Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: