RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Has Anyone Improved Their Draft Status this weekend?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 03/22/05 2:28 am    ::: Re: Has Anyone Improved Their Draft Status this weekend? Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I'm not sure anyone did.

Feenstra, maybe. Strom showed me something last night. Not sure about anyone else. Irvin hurt hers?

I don't know about improve, but Batteast didn't help matters. Her attitude was way too passive. I couldn't differentiate her role from anyone else's on the team. She'll be okay on the pros (very good, if she continues to work hard).

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/22/05 2:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:

She's just AMAZING! That's really the only word to describe her. She won't be able to score at will in the pros like she can in college, but she'll be great, and I think she'll be an all-star.

her game tonight: the best game in the tournament. So sad that it came in a loss.

If you had 5 Kendra Weckers on your team, you couldn't lose. She is AMAZING! She is a reason to love basketball.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/22/05 2:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And again, I await Admiral's comment as to why he was shocked Wecker was listed among the top players for the 2005 WNBA Draft...

Would love to have Wecker in Phoenix...because we clearly don't have enough shooters. Smile

Seriously, I would love to watch Wecker in AWA...

Ballwinner

PostPosted: 03/22/05 2:38 am    ::: Yep, still pissed about KSU's finish Reply Reply with quote

To continue K-State's almost comeback, Wecker's block was amazing enough and then she had the mind and athletic ability to keep it from going out of bounds and tip it to a teammate. She then was yelling to direct traffic on the other end, and I don't think she was saying, "Waste the clock and settle for a two."

PostPosted: 03/22/05 2:58 am    ::: Wecker? Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
And again, I await Admiral's comment as to why he was shocked Wecker was listed among the top players for the 2005 WNBA Draft...

I never said that Arrow

Wecker? Shocked

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/22/05 3:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, you did.

Wecker? with the "shock" avatar - pretty clear to everyone.

And again, I await your explanation...

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/22/05 3:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral, you have a crush on Ms Wecker, don't you?

That explains the mass postings of pics. However, I don't think Kendra would appreciate it if you confused her with Laurie Koehn Laughing
FeFi

PostPosted: 03/22/05 3:48 pm    ::: LK Reply Reply with quote

I took note of the many times the announcers would draw attention to Laurie Koehn's practice time and make comparisions to a certain Miss Jackie Stiles. Now I don't know that Koehn would be taken before the 3rd round, but I wonder how much talk of her hundred 3 pointers a day or 1000 shots sitting on a box will hurt her come draft day. Are teams going to be concerned they'll get a worn out player whose body is shot (a la JS) or a pure shooter off the bench for points? I'd sure like to see her stick somewhere though..

And truly, Wecker is going to be one of the top 5 taken..I'd wager some $ on that.

Now that K-State's season is over, how's Voepel gonna fill up inches in the KC Star? I swear that woman's been on Deb's payroll the last few years!

ps. Long time reader, first time poster

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/22/05 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Koehn? Shocked

lol, she'll find a home... everybody needs shooters. Sacramento maybe? I assume she'll be taken in the 2nd round, so it's doubtful any potential injury history will be seen as too big of a deal, since the 2nd rounder contracts they give out are always short and can always waive her. I'm willing to bet that Laurie will be fine Razz

And welcome to the Board FeFi! Find yourself an avatar and post away! Wink

wadethered

PostPosted: 03/22/05 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Feenstra could have gotten herself into the first round after tonight's DePaul game. She was simply unstopable.

We can also add Clare Droesch to this list. Her performance single-handedly kept the Duke game close.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/23/05 9:48 am    ::: droesch, feenstra, koehn Reply Reply with quote

Yes to Droesch, whom I didn't see last night (long story) but who looked good when BC beat UConn.

Some projections had Feenstra as a first-rounder anyway. She sure is one now. (How many current W players are over 6'8"?)

The K-State game hurt to watch, especially if you'd seen the Big XII semifinal and final: Wecker was fantastic, the team clearly missed Megan Mahoney, and Koehn just kept shooting and shooting and shooting, mostly missing, though the last two shots she did make were impressive indeed. (Dupree made a great long-long-range 3 last night too.) I'm sure she'll get, and deserve, a chance in the W, but I, too, worry about Stiles-style overpreparation, and I worry that she doesn't do anything else; I don't think I'd take her over a more versatile player who just happens to be able to shoot the 3.

I believe Koehn's 3-point numbers have gone down this year, because she's easier for defenses to key on now that they don't have to double up Ohlde. Wecker, on the other hand, looks as hard to defend as ever (though we did see her shut down in Minnesota last year). She'll have a great pro career. Some people want to see her reunited with Ohlde, which probably isn't going to happen,because she'll go higher than that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: