RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/07/22 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams was named the Associate Head Coach for Auburn on May 4th.

https://auburntigers.com/news/2022/5/4/womens-basketball-veteran-wnba-coach-fred-williams-joins-auburn-womens-basketball-staff.aspx

Quote:
He will coach the Sparks during the upcoming 2022 WNBA season, which tips off on Friday, May 6. Williams will officially begin his post at Auburn mid-summer.

Guess the start date for Auburn won’t be mid summer anymore

PostPosted: 06/07/22 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
This really isn't that complicated. In games where Chennedy Carter plays 16+ minutes the Sparks are 4-1. In games where she plays less than 16 minutes they are 1-6.

100%. Sometimes it really is that simple. Is she usually a lazy defender? Yes. Does she get in her head too much? Yes. But you can't deny the talent and potential. Give the woman some more minutes and time on the court to acclimate with Nneka and Liz and we will be a much better team.
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/07/22 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Williams was named the Associate Head Coach for Auburn on May 4th.

https://auburntigers.com/news/2022/5/4/womens-basketball-veteran-wnba-coach-fred-williams-joins-auburn-womens-basketball-staff.aspx

Quote:
He will coach the Sparks during the upcoming 2022 WNBA season, which tips off on Friday, May 6. Williams will officially begin his post at Auburn mid-summer.

Guess the start date for Auburn won’t be mid summer anymore

https://www.espn.com/wnba

According to this article he will report to Auburn following the end of the season.

DTP

PostPosted: 06/07/22 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Disappointed that Trammell didn't get the opportunity as the Interim.

shontay33

PostPosted: 06/07/22 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
Disappointed that Trammell didn't get the opportunity as the Interim.

This surprised me as well considering that she was a finalist for the Mercury job when it was open and also since Williams was supposed to be leaving for Auburn. Maybe she will be in the running for the position after the season is over unless she has another opportunity lined up,

pilight

PostPosted: 06/07/22 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fred is the safe, boring choice. He's been a head coach and an interim coach before.

PostPosted: 06/07/22 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Fred is the safe, boring choice. He's been a head coach and an interim coach before.

and I think the players have always liked him.

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/07/22 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He got along with Cambage, right?

PostPosted: 06/07/22 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I think he is the sole reason she is there this season

PostPosted: 06/07/22 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Queenie wrote:

So she’s going to Auburn next year with him then too? Razz Wink

PostPosted: 06/09/22 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

So this may very well be a concentrated intensive training for the head coaching spot for Ms. Latricia Trammell? Will Kristi Toliver effectively become a player coach? Will she inform Big Momma, "You answer to me now, Big Momma! That's right, ME!, 'Lil Mopey herself - the shortest shrimp on this roster!!!" Laughing

Last edited by jap on 06/11/22 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 06/09/22 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Magic needs to bring Sparks legend DeNasty home. Head Coach DeNasty.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/09/22 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Queenie wrote:

If Fred Williams was coaching at Indiana, would Cambage have gone there? I doubt it. More likely she was drawn to the Kobe/Lakers/Hollywood mystique and also she considers herself a lost Kardashian.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 06/09/22 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 06/09/22 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
pilight wrote:

So this may very well a concentrated intensive training for the head coaching spot for Ms. Latricia Trammell? Will Kristi Toliver effectively become a player coach? Will she inform Big Momma, "You answer to me now, Big Momma! That's right, ME!, 'Lil Mopey herself - the shortest shrimp on this roster!!!" Laughing

Maybe Toliver can take over as coach. She has NBA experience as an assistant. And she definitely can’t be any worse than what Fred Williams has shown. Have people really forgotten how bad he was at Dallas?

Shades

PostPosted: 06/09/22 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Fred Williams should should make this his depth chart.

Canada/Brown
Carter/Toliver (at least until she gets up to speed)
Sykes/Samuelson
NOgwumike, COgwumike
Cambage, Nelson-Ododa

Injured
Burrell (emulating Rennia Davis)

On a milk carton
Walker

I noticed the Sparks have a game on 6/11 and then the next one isn’t until 6/19. That’s a lot of practice time to work in Toliver and a new coach.

Notice to ESPN fantasy managers: If you own multiple Sparks players, you’re the probably going to lose next week.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 06/09/22 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
jap wrote:
pilight wrote:

So this may very well a concentrated intensive training for the head coaching spot for Ms. Latricia Trammell? Will Kristi Toliver effectively become a player coach? Will she inform Big Momma, "You answer to me now, Big Momma! That's right, ME!, 'Lil Mopey herself - the shortest shrimp on this roster!!!" Laughing

Maybe Toliver can take over as coach. She has NBA experience as an assistant. And she definitely can’t be any worse than what Fred Williams has shown. Have people really forgotten how bad he was at Dallas?

I would think the union contract wouldn’t allow for a member to simultaneously hold a non-union company position.

PostPosted: 06/09/22 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:

I would think the union contract wouldn’t allow for a member to simultaneously hold a non-union company position.

I was thinking more for next year. If they wanted her for this year, they would have already put her in as interim and nullified her player contract.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 06/10/22 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Queenie wrote:

If Fred Williams was coaching at Indiana, would Cambage have gone there? I doubt it. More likely she was drawn to the Kobe/Lakers/Hollywood mystique and also she considers herself a lost Kardashian.

Exactly....you already know what time it is!!! At some point all these super-Liz fans that are determined to keep falling fer her bullshit, continue to keep kissing her ass no matter how many times she exposes her true nature....this happens in multiple cities and countries, hopefully they will wake up one day soon!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 06/10/22 7:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
jap wrote:
pilight wrote:

He was so bad, I literally wanted to put hands on this dude!!!

jewelsongs

PostPosted: 06/10/22 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want "Lil Mopey" as coach. She has a great basketball mind, and would stand up to anyone.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/10/22 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA head-coaching candidate list filled with established leaders ready for highly competitive league

https://sports.yahoo.com/wnba-head-coaching-candidate-list-filled-with-established-leaders-ready-for-highly-competitive-league-140233818.html

Quote:
Augustus, 38, is a long-shot choice to move up so quickly, but it's not like the Sparks haven't made such choices prior. The four-time champion of the Minnesota Lynx dynasty switched over to the other side of the clipboard as a Sparks assistant days before the 2021 season tipped off. Noelle Quinn's rise in Seattle was similar. She retired following the 2018 season and joined the coaching staff, then took over midway through the '21 campaign when Dan Hughes retired.

PostPosted: 06/10/22 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA head-coaching candidate list filled with established leaders ready for highly competitive league

https://sports.yahoo.com/wnba-head-coaching-candidate-list-filled-with-established-leaders-ready-for-highly-competitive-league-140233818.html

Quote:
Augustus, 38, is a long-shot choice to move up so quickly, but it's not like the Sparks haven't made such choices prior. The four-time champion of the Minnesota Lynx dynasty switched over to the other side of the clipboard as a Sparks assistant days before the 2021 season tipped off. Noelle Quinn's rise in Seattle was similar. She retired following the 2018 season and joined the coaching staff, then took over midway through the '21 campaign when Dan Hughes retired.

I remember several years back when I was pushing for Dawn Staley, who as a PG had a reputation for being a coach on the court, to be a WNBA head coach. Some here was convinced it would not work because they felt the veteran players who she played with|against would not give her enough respect. Now Dawn may be taking over from Geno as the NCAA' s women's basketball premier head coach.

PostPosted: 06/10/22 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty significant difference between the situations for Quinn in Seattle and Augustus in LA. Quinn got to slide over one seat on a settled, successful team when the head coach stepped aside. She had maybe the best player on the planet in Stewart, a quiet star in Loyd, and a veteran leader in Bird who could easily have the job herself by now if she wasn't still playing. Augustus has none of that in LA, and would be taking over their usual level of craziness and disruption. Surely makes it much less likely they'd hand the job to someone with so little experience.

PostPosted: 06/10/22 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Exactly....you already know what time it is!!! At some point all these super-Liz fans that are determined to keep falling fer her bullshit, continue to keep kissing her ass no matter how many times she exposes her true nature....this happens in multiple cities and countries, hopefully they will wake up one day soon!!!

What do you mean, "falling for it"? Are you assuming that Cambage's fans are all being "tricked," or something?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
adamj95

PostPosted: 06/10/22 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

It still makes me sick to see Money Mone in purple and gold but can you PLEASE not make Mone the head coach for the team who's only championship since 2002 was because the refs forgot the damn shot clock violation rules??

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: