50%  [ 4 ]
Mercury
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/19/21 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vegas celebrating their championship.

What an uninspiring final week for Phoenix. I know this game was “meaningless” but it can’t be easy going into the playoffs on a 3 game losing streak. Really hoping that Taurasi is just resting because I don’t see the team getting the job done without her.

Last edited by mercfan on 09/19/21 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
SCook

PostPosted: 09/19/21 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:

What an uninspiring final week for Phoenix. Really hoping that Taurasi is just resting because I don’t see the team getting the job done without her.

I don't see them getting it done with her either. But who am I?

PostPosted: 09/19/21 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mercfan wrote:
REALLY don’t want to see Sophie with a different team next year.

Would you rather see Peddy on a different team, because you can can’t get everyone back.

Laughing Is this even a question? Peddy is turning 33 next month.

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/19/21 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:

What an uninspiring final week for Phoenix. Really hoping that Taurasi is just resting because I don’t see the team getting the job done without her.

I think a success for this team is getting to a winner takes all game in the semis and putting something together. Get to the finals? Even better.

Without Taurasi, Thursday is even scary.

And to think, 9 days ago I thought Phoenix was looking like the best team in the league.

SCook

PostPosted: 09/19/21 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:

I think a success for this team is getting to a winner takes all game in the semis and putting something together. Get to the finals? Even better.

And to think, 9 days ago I thought Phoenix was looking like the best team in the league.

Phoenix with another 5 seed and I wonder if it's talent, coaching or a combination. You have one of the most dominant players on the interior who is giving everything every night and they still end up middle of the pack.

I personally felt these last 3 games were important to gauge the teams potential and so far I'm underwhelmed.

PostPosted: 09/19/21 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Pam Ward thinking that Phoenix fans were cheering the return of Cambage is hilarious :lol:

I mean, it sure sounds like somebody in the crowd is cheering for Vegas.

I mean they literally showed a crowd of Aces fans... which again makes my point that Phoenix fans ain't cheering for Cambage.

That seems to me like a nit that wasn't worth picking, but YMMV.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/19/21 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Pam Ward thinking that Phoenix fans were cheering the return of Cambage is hilarious Laughing

I mean, it sure sounds like somebody in the crowd is cheering for Vegas.

I mean they literally showed a crowd of Aces fans... which again makes my point that Phoenix fans ain't cheering for Cambage.

That seems to me like a nit that wasn't worth picking, but YMMV.

Our Girls Syndrome has hit you too!

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/19/21 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Our Girls Syndrome has hit you too!

Is that something at Denny's? I don't know what that is.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/19/21 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Phoenix with another 5 seed and I wonder if it's talent, coaching or a combination. You have one of the most dominant players on the interior who is giving everything every night and they still end up middle of the pack.

I personally felt these last 3 games were important to gauge the teams potential and so far I'm underwhelmed.

The PHX bench kept it competitive against the second best team in the league. They were very competitive in all three games. They're capable of an upset but can't see them winning a series against any of the top 4. I see them winning both single elims and then likely getting swept in the semis.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 09/19/21 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix at Seattle is looking likely for the second round

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 09/19/21 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
Phoenix at Seattle is looking likely for the second round

Which could be an epic game. Would love for it to match the 2017 semis intensity.

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/19/21 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:

The PHX bench kept it competitive against the second best team in the league. They were very competitive in all three games. They're capable of an upset but can't see them winning a series against any of the top 4. I see them winning both single elims and then likely getting swept in the semis.

Phoenix is definitely capable of beating Vegas IF healthy in a series.

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/19/21 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Phoenix is definitely capable of beating Vegas IF healthy in a series. I am not counting on Taurasi being ready which I hope I get pleasantly surprised.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 09/19/21 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix would probably have to go through the Sun first before playing the Aces, unless the Lynx lose in round 2.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/19/21 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:

I mean, let’s be real - they didn’t have Taurasi for the last three games.

She may not be the best player on the team anymore, but she’s still the leader and the “head of the snake.” Both Brit and Skylar play off of her.

It sucks because DT being out out the whole team off of their rhythm, but they might pick it up when she’s back.

PostPosted: 09/19/21 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The score was 83-75 Phoenix when I asked for the game to be turned on at the restaurant where we were having lunch.

I'm just saying. You're welcome, Vegas.

PostPosted: 09/19/21 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
The score was 83-75 Phoenix when I asked for the game to be turned on at the restaurant where we were having lunch.

I'm just saying. You're welcome, Vegas.

Thanks Queenie!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: