Sparks
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Dream
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/21 5:54 pm    ::: Sparks @ Dream - 9/16/21 Reply Reply with quote

College Park, GA - 7:00 PM ET
TV: Bally Sports Southeast-Atlanta

Video stream:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B08WR3GW66/ref=atv_me_wnb_c_Vshsze_2_1

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/sparks-at-dream-on-09162021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20210916/LASATL/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401320747

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/16/21 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Sparks lose this game, does that eliminate them from the playoffs? I tried mapping out the possibility of an end-of-season 3-way tie between them, the Mystics, and Liberty for the final playoff spot, but I wasn't exactly sure how the head-to-head stuff worked.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/16/21 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
If the Sparks lose this game, does that eliminate them from the playoffs? I tried mapping out the possibility of an end-of-season 3-way tie between them, the Mystics, and Liberty for the final playoff spot, but I wasn't exactly sure how the head-to-head stuff worked.

Did you try this out? ...

Richyyy wrote:
Fun little tool if anyone's interested. Plug in results of remaining games (the first one is done, seeing as this was released before tonight's game) and it tells you how the seedings play out: WNBA - Choose Your Own Adventure

PostPosted: 09/16/21 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Yes, if LA loses, the most they can have is 12 wins. Washington already has 12 wins and the tiebreaker. So LA can only beat that if they get to 13 wins and DC stays at 12. That means the Sparks have to win out and hope that the Mystics lose both their games.

The NY situation is more compllicated. However, if you can't surpass one team with 12 wins, then it doesn't matter what happens with the other.

PostPosted: 09/16/21 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“We have not seen Sydney Wiese check in yet…”

Oof Laughing

lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/16/21 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wheeler doesn’t care about anyone’s lives anymore Shocked Laughing

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/16/21 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
“We have not seen Sydney Wiese check in yet…”

Oof Laughing

I was going to say, "what about [url=https://i0.wp.com/www.thenexthoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/241664819_6087249981347157_6363481860391226460_n.jpeg?resize=576%2C1024&ssl=1]Kristi Toliver[/i]?" but then I remembered Toliver is injured and therefore it's not as funny.

(Yes, Panini wants triple digits for a set they can't even get right.)

PostPosted: 09/16/21 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Yes, if LA loses, the most they can have is 12 wins. Washington already has 12 wins and the tiebreaker. So LA can only beat that if they get to 13 wins and DC stays at 12. That means the Sparks have to win out and hope that the Mystics lose both their games.

The NY situation is more compllicated. However, if you can't surpass one team with 12 wins, then it doesn't matter what happens with the other.

If you were really counting on the Dream to help you out...

PostPosted: 09/16/21 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Not sure about Washington fans, but most Liberty fans are rooting for ping-pong balls.

PostPosted: 09/16/21 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
pilight wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Not sure about Washington fans, but most Liberty fans are rooting for ping-pong balls.

PP’ssssssssss Cool Cool Laughing Laughing Whom would you select if your NY? There’s no dominant post in this draft so would it be trade bait or do you make an offer to a player like E Will?

PostPosted: 09/16/21 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

PP’ssssssssss Cool Cool Laughing Laughing Whom would you select if your NY? There’s no dominant post in this draft so would it be trade bait or do you make an offer to a player like E Will?

EWill? You mean Kiah Stokes's fraternal twin separated at birth? Razz You saw what happened at midseason. My guess is NY both tries to sign an impact free agent and keeps their pick if it's in the top 3. They will at least do their due dilligence on the Stewie/Jonquel types before zeroing in on the Meesseman/Hines-Allens of the world. If that fails, maybe they try to trade for someone like Ruthy Hebard who is now the forgotten woman in Chicago. Hebard had a stretch of 8 good games early in the season where she got a lot of minutes and looked like a solid WNBA starter (29.2 mpg, 11.9 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.6 bpg). Ruthy is potentially even better if reunited with Sabrina.

Kolb has not done anything too surprising with his 1st Round picks. My guess is he takes one of Howard, Smith or Austin depending on where NY picks and who is left. It's that 4th lottery pick which is up in the air right now. I like Rae Burrell, but she's yet another wing player... which of course does not preclude them from taking her. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/17/21 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Strange, people on this thread discussed everything under the Sun but the actual game.🤔

PostPosted: 09/17/21 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Strange, people on this thread discussed everything under the Sun but the actual game.🤔

I liked it.

PostPosted: 09/17/21 3:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watched the highlights this morning. Good game - two nasty crossovers by both teams

PostPosted: 09/17/21 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Just watched the highlights this morning. Good game - two nasty crossovers by both teams

Wheeler crossover Simms so badly, that she tumbled away like a tumbleweed in an old Western movie. Simms got off the floor to give an excuse for her tumble that Wheeler pushed her away. Wheeler didn't touch her. Simms need to go to the Emergency Room to repair her broken ankles.

PostPosted: 09/17/21 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

EWill? You mean Kiah Stokes's fraternal twin separated at birth? Razz You saw what happened at midseason. My guess is NY both tries to sign an impact free agent and keeps their pick if it's in the top 3. They will at least do their due dilligence on the Stewie/Jonquel types before zeroing in on the Meesseman/Hines-Allens of the world. If that fails, maybe they try to trade for someone like Ruthy Hebard who is now the forgotten woman in Chicago. Hebard had a stretch of 8 good games early in the season where she got a lot of minutes and looked like a solid WNBA starter (29.2 mpg, 11.9 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.6 bpg). Ruthy is potentially even better if reunited with Sabrina.

Kolb has not done anything too surprising with his 1st Round picks. My guess is he takes one of Howard, Smith or Austin depending on where NY picks and who is left. It's that 4th lottery pick which is up in the air right now. I like Rae Burrell, but she's yet another wing player... which of course does not preclude them from taking her. Laughing

I agree, re: Ruthie and Sabrina. The question is, is Hebard really 6'4"? I think her height might be wildly inflated and this is a problem with her.

jap

PostPosted: 09/17/21 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Wheeler crossover Simms so badly, that she tumbled away like a tumbleweed in an old Western movie. Simms got off the floor to give an excuse for her tumble that Wheeler pushed her away. Wheeler didn't touch her. Simms need to go to the Emergency Room to repair her broken ankles.

Erica Wheeler has skills, but she needs to continue to flesh out her game even more. The Dream managed to trap her as she attempted to advance the ball upcourt by employing two taller defenders who were able to disrupt her court vision with their length. She needs to huddle up with Fish, Kristi & maybe others to find ways to recognize & avoid trap attempts early.

PostPosted: 09/17/21 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
root_thing wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I agree, re: Ruthie and Sabrina. The question is, is Hebard really 6'4"? I think her height might be wildly inflated and this is a problem with her.

Ruthy has PAC-12 height.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: