RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who's making your all WNBA teams?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbsamjj

PostPosted: 09/14/21 8:37 pm    ::: Who's making your all WNBA teams? Reply Reply with quote

With a week left in season, who makes your all WNBA teams? 5 players on both 1st team and 2nd team; need 2 guards per team.

My choices:

First Team:
J. Jones (CT)--Forward
B. Griner (Phx)--Center
B. Stewart (Sea)--Forward
S. Diggins-Smith (Phx)--Guard
C. Vandersloot (Chi)--Guard

Second Team:
T. Charles (DC)--Forward
A. Wilson (LV)--Forward
S. Fowles (MN)--Center
J. Loyd (SEA)--Guard
C. Williams (ATL)--Guard

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/14/21 8:47 pm    ::: Re: Who's making your all WNBA teams? Reply Reply with quote

bbsamjj wrote:
With a week left in season, who makes your all WNBA teams? 5 players on both 1st team and 2nd team; need 2 guards per team.

My choices:

First Team:
J. Jones (CT)--Forward
B. Griner (Phx)--Center
B. Stewart (Sea)--Forward
S. Diggins-Smith (Phx)--Guard
C. Vandersloot (Chi)--Guard

Second Team:
T. Charles (DC)--Forward
A. Wilson (LV)--Forward
S. Fowles (MN)--Center
J. Loyd (SEA)--Guard
C. Williams (ATL)--Guard

This is actually pretty good I would not argue.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

** Subject to change if performances in the last few games move the needle **

FIRST TEAM
G: Courtney Vandersloot (CHI)
G: Skylar Diggins-Smith (PHX)
F: Breanna Stewart (SEA)
F: Jonquel Jones (CON)
C: Brittney Griner (PHX)

SECOND TEAM
G: Jewell Loyd
G: Betnijah Laney (NYL)^^
F: Tina Charles (DC)
F: A'ja Wilson (LVA)
C: Sylvia Fowles (MIN)

^^ Having a debate among Laney, Courtney Williams (ATL), and Arike Ogunbowale (DAL)

pilight

PostPosted: 09/15/21 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Plum has been every bit as good as Loyd or C Williams, maybe better

PostPosted: 09/15/21 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Williams leads her team in Rebounds , Pts & Assists. She was an All star instead of Plum i think Court gets the nod regardless or her teams performance. Its deserving and just imagine if she were still with the Sun right now !!

PostPosted: 09/15/21 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Williams leads her team in Rebounds , Pts & Assists. She was an All star instead of Plum i think Court gets the nod regardless or her teams performance. Its deserving and just imagine if she were still with the Sun right now !!

If she was with the Sun she wouldn't be leading the team in any of those stats. She'd be getting Hiedeman's minutes off the bench.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Agree. Very Happy Loyd once again experienced a decline in play roughly halfway through the season. (Granted, just about everyone on the team did this year, but Loyd has sorta been known for this. Embarassed ) Plum has shot a little better overall than Loyd, and is on the better team. The kicker though may be that Loyd has appeared in a few more games than Plum has this year. How the decision-makers factor in 'games played' this year in multiple categories will be something to watch for. If CWill gets it though, it wouldn't be egregious to me even though she's on a bad team, since she's been the Dream's best player the whole season.

Nonetheless, there is no reason to me why Plum shouldn't at least win 6POY this year, as she has slightly outplayed her perennial 6POY teammate, Dearica Hamby.

bbsamjj

PostPosted: 09/15/21 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
** Subject to change if performances in the last few games move the needle **

^^ Having a debate among Laney, Courtney Williams (ATL), and Arike Ogunbowale (DAL)

TBH I was having the same debate in my head. I initially had Laney in the final guard slot and then switched out for C. Williams. I ended up going with C. Williams because I think she's had a more consistent season than Laney, makes fewer mistakes, and her rebounding numbers are truly extraordinary for a guard. Laney averages more points, is better from the field and FT line, and gets more assists, but she has faded post all star break and her TOs are so high. That being said, if Laney explodes the final 2 games and get the NYL the final playoff spot, I'd give her the nod.

I'm not as high on Arike this season; for someone known for her scoring, she's averaging fewer points than at any point in her career with the worst FG percentage. The dip in scoring is understandable because she has a better team around her, but that hasn't been accompanied by more assists.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/15/21 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i don't think laney or courtney williams will make all-wnba... usually don't get rewarded for being on a bad team unless the stats are eye-popping.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 09/15/21 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I'll disagree with you. If Courtney Williams was still with the Sun she'd be starting and January wouldn't be on the Sun.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/15/21 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
I think I'll disagree with you. If Courtney Williams was still with the Sun she'd be starting and January wouldn't be on the Sun.

This 100% ______________ x

PostPosted: 09/15/21 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

If she was with the Sun she wouldn't be leading the team in any of those stats. She'd be getting Hiedeman's minutes off the bench.

Williams < January .

PostPosted: 09/15/21 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i don't think laney or courtney williams will make all-wnba... usually don't get rewarded for being on a bad team unless the stats are eye-popping.

Sure but...are there guards from winning teams having all-WNBA type seasons? Gray and Thomas are doing their jobs in Vegas and CT, but it hasn't been an exemplary season for them. I think Plum wins sixth POY but don't think a bench player should make an all WNBA team. DT has only played in half of the games. I like McBride but she's the third best player on MN.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/15/21 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bbsamjj wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

Sure but...are there guards from winning teams having all-WNBA type seasons? Gray and Thomas are doing their jobs in Vegas and CT, but it hasn't been an exemplary season for them. I think Plum wins sixth POY but don't think a bench player should make an all WNBA team. DT has only played in half of the games. I like McBride but she's the third best player on MN.

I don't think one can dismiss Plum for being a "bench player." She's playing 25 MPG, she scores more points per 40 minutes than Williams, Loyd, or Laney, and her other stats compare favorably as well. As for playing in 6 fewer games, I think the voters are nuts if they penalize a player for being in the Olympics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: