RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/21/22 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think I'm a bit prejudiced in favor of Henderson because she was the reason Stanford lost when they played at SoCaro this year. We dealt with the rest of their team pretty well, but she killed us... another example of stepping up big in big games. It's a special talent IMO.

You could also argue that she helped Stanford win in the national semifinal last year with that costly turnover down the stretch.

But, you know, the WNBA isn’t college. So you have to envision how a college player fits into the WNBA. Micro guards aren’t in vogue with coaches who have to figure out how to use them on defense. I suspect that’s why Henderson went #20 and Dangerfield went #16 despite the outrage of their college fans. If you think Dangerfield is great because she won ROY (top 2 candidates were injured), please submit a trade of something good to Reeve and see if she bites.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/21/22 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think I'm a bit prejudiced in favor of Henderson because she was the reason Stanford lost when they played at SoCaro this year. We dealt with the rest of their team pretty well, but she killed us... another example of stepping up big in big games. It's a special talent IMO.

No kidding. She had something ridiculous like 7 steals in that game – I think per game, she didn't even average more than 2. And the bottom line is, she's a true PG who can shoot, and Lin Dunn was looking for more shooting. If she makes the roster, she's at least going to find minutes when players like DRob inevitably get injured & need to rest some games here & there.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/21/22 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With all the weirdness, I was kinda hoping my girl, Chelsea Perry would have a shot at getting a spot...but alas, she is gone for the year as well.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/21/22 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Down to 18.

Point Guards (1s) – pick 2-3: D. ROBINSON*, HARTLEY*, L. Allen, Henderson

Wings (2s/3s) – pick 2-5: K. MITCHELL, T. MITCHELL, Hull, Vivians*, Jaz. Jones, Gorecki, E. Whalen

Forwards (3s/4s) – pick 2-4: N. Smith, Engstler, A. Smith, Nared

Posts (4s/5s) – pick 2-3: Egbo, Coates*, Williams-Holliday

CAPS = protected/guaranteed contracts.
*Still overseas

I hope Atlanta picks up either Jaz. Jones, Gorecki, or Vivians once they're cut. At least one of those three ain't makin' this roster.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/21/22 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess they could give Nelson-Ododa a look when she is waived, or someone like Maya Dodson or Hannah Sjerven. What other true posts are out there likely to be cut?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/21/22 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I guess they could give Nelson-Ododa a look when she is waived, or someone like Maya Dodson or Hannah Sjerven. What other true posts are out there likely to be cut?

For rookies? Cunane. She'd give them a different look at center as someone who can theoretically hit 3s. Though obviously Lin Dunn didn't care about that when picking Egbo over her at 10 lol.

Indiana really ought to get a post off the wire who isn't a rookie though, imo. I know they're trying to suck & all, but just one vet in the post group could be helpful in practices. Well, I suppose that could be Alaina Coates' job already – once she shows up.

Gustafson, Shepard, Anigwe... Players like these have a few years of experience under their belt now, while still possibly having some untapped potential at this level. One of them is bound to become available on the waiver wire (Gustafson being my guess). Gosh, seems like just yesterday we were debating who Dallas should choose between Gustafson and Anigwe. Laughing

And if LA opts to waive Lauren Cox (not likely, but still entirely possible, given... y'know), I say disregard the potential awkwardness and just go for it! But that's just me. It's probably too awkward to ever happen – though what would've helped alleviate such an awkwardness a little is if Indiana had chosen to change coaches along with GMs. Confused

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/23/22 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ameshya Williams-Holliday quit basketball and disappeared. Now she's chasing WNBA dreams.

Great article detailing her whole story during her college years – she was incredibly close to not getting to the point that she's at now. Highly recommend.

One hidden tidbit of this article would be her playing one position but being developed as another while at Jackson State, in preparation for her pro career.

Another tidbit: She got a call during the Draft from a team that said it was going to draft her with a certain pick – but the call didn't come from Indiana. The team that called her and was incredibly close to drafting her might surprise you. 😉

pilight

PostPosted: 04/26/22 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haley Gorecki waived

PostPosted: 04/26/22 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Haley Gorecki waived

Here you go Stormeo, one of your late night dreams came true.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/27/22 1:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
pilight wrote:
Haley Gorecki waived

Here you go ~Stormeo~, one of your late night dreams came true.

Please. Gorecki had her chance with us last year. 🤧 She certainly wouldn't be makin' the Storm roster this year – tbh we're about to cut every college-ranks player under the age of 25 on our roster LMFAO. Unless it comes out that Gorecki got injured, I mean, like, she couldn't even outlast Erin mf Whalen in Camp?! 😭 That's a big-ass 🚩 right there. I know Indiana's openly trying to rebuild aka tank this year, but they're not trying to do it like that... I don't think. (One can't underestimate what decision-making processes are like in the Indiana Fever organization, I soup-pose. 🥴)

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/30/22 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy had a nice preseason game against the Sky.

All the rooks did their thing. Henny with 11 points, Queen Ego with a strong double double off the bench.

PostPosted: 04/30/22 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jazmine Jones and Jaime Nared have been waived.

I could see an interest in Jazmine Jones. Washington?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/02/22 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yikes. Lexi has been shooting terrible in these preseason games.

and Egbo had two good games much to my surprise.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/02/22 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
yikes. Lexi has been shooting terrible in these preseason games.

and Egbo had two good games much to my surprise.

Hull is 1-15 in her two games combined. Crying or Very sad Not that different from college -- she would have a jaw dropping game then be ice cold the next two.

PostPosted: 05/02/22 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure Hull started because Vivians was late. Won't be surprised if she gets cut.

Ego came to play. Has been better than the #2 pick so far.

PostPosted: 05/04/22 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever waive Ameshya Williams-Holliday, Lindsay Allen, and Erin Whalen

PostPosted: 05/04/22 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so Indy landed on

Robinson/Hartley/Henderson
K. Mitchell/Hull
T. Mitchell/Engstler/Vivians
N. Smith/A. Smith
Egbo/Coates

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/04/22 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad Dunn just went with as many rookies as she could. Just go straight youth movement and let them do what they can.

I’m feeling like adopting Indiana as my second team and going to try and follow them a lot this year. Hopefully PUMatty allows me into the fanbase! Surprised

PostPosted: 05/04/22 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A NEW ERA: INDIANA FEVER TURN THE PAGE WITH LOADED ROOKIE DRAFT CLASS
https://justwomenssports.com/indiana-fever-draft-class-nalyssa-smith-emily-engstler/

PostPosted: 05/04/22 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
so Indy landed on

K. Mitchell/Hull
N. Smith/A. Smith
Egbo/Coates

It's giving 12th place..

PostPosted: 05/04/22 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
so Indy landed on

K. Mitchell/Hull
N. Smith/A. Smith
Egbo/Coates

It's giving 12th place..

It’s giving Bombing for Boston which is what my newly adopted team is banking on

PostPosted: 05/04/22 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's probably the right move to keep Henderson and give her a shot rather than the older Lindsay Allen, but Allen can do a job for someone. Hell, you could make a case she'd be a better fit as the starting point guard in Minnesota than Sims or Banham.

On a separate note, given her WNBA history it's kind of amazing that Coates made a roster without even showing up to camp...

PostPosted: 05/04/22 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It's probably the right move to keep Henderson Yes! and give her a shot rather than the older Lindsay Allen, but Allen can do a job for someone. Hell, you could make a case she'd be a better fit as the starting point guard in Minnesota than Sims or Banham.

On a separate note, given her WNBA history it's kind of amazing that Coates made a roster without even showing up to camp...
I know right

PostPosted: 05/06/22 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crystal Dangerfield listed on their roster now

PostPosted: 05/06/22 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Crystal Dangerfield listed on their roster now

The Tiny get smaller......

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: