Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 10/06/21 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Renee better be getting questioned on this on ESPN on Wednesday if she’s going to be there.

This is 100% not going to happen.

Monica McNutt did ask Montgomery about it at halftime

PostPosted: 10/06/21 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Renee just answered McNutt on ESPN Halftime...

She said that they didn't see the whole video, only a "10-15 sec clip" and that the players told them and the coach that it was self-defense. And the organization decided to take their word for it and 'stand by their players'.
Shocked Idea

pilight

PostPosted: 10/06/21 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montgomery still gave a bullshit answer, but it was a better bullshit answer than the one she posted on her Twitter feed

PostPosted: 10/06/21 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Renee better be getting questioned on this on ESPN on Wednesday if she’s going to be there.

Inserts Micheal Jordan Crying Meme…such a bs response . They only saw a 15 second clip and it was self defense as they determined . Now they see a 36 second clip and it’s bad for the organization all of a sudden! IT WAS BAD PERIOD Nay Nay! Sounds like you just got caught with the cover up baby girl.

PostPosted: 10/06/21 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
mercfan wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Inserts Micheal Jordan Crying Meme…such a bs response . They only saw a 15 second clip and it was self defense as they determined . Now they see a 36 second clip and it’s bad for the organization all of a sudden! IT WAS BAD PERIOD Nay Nay! Sounds like you just got caught with the cover up baby girl.

I mean like was she admitting that it wasn't self defense anymore since we got a longer video or what cuz I'm not sure what she was trying to accomplish there

PostPosted: 10/06/21 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
and I thought Indiana was a hot mess Shocked

this sounds like a total blowup in the making.
??You're really going to build around:

Carter
McDonald
Hayes maybe (core her?)
Hawkins
Billings
Parker

?

and if Carter demands out?

Promise her you’ll be better lol

Here’s what I think they’ll do

PG:Carter/McDonald
SG:Hayes
SF: Open
PF: Billings/Hawkins
C: Parker

Offer:
Nia Coffey
Diamond Deshields
Rebecca Allen
Jordan Canada
Mercedes Russell
Jewel Lloyd
MHA
Kiah Stokes

At minimum:
Carter/McDonald
Hayes/
Deshields/Coffey
Billings/Hawkins
Parker/Cunane

And some random free agents

At best:
Carter/McDonald
Lloyd/Hayes
Howard/Deshields
Hines-Allen/Billings/Hawkins
Parker/Stokes/Brown

Probably:
Canada/McDonald
Carter/Hayes
Deshields/Coffey
Austin/Billings/Hawkins
Parker/Brown

And a random free agent post potentially.

This my “best they can do right now” list.

PostPosted: 10/06/21 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Carter
McDonald
Hayes maybe (core her?)
Hawkins
Billings
Parker

?

Offer:
Nia Coffey
Diamond Deshields
Rebecca Allen
Jordan Canada
Mercedes Russell
Jewel Lloyd
MHA
Kiah Stokes

At minimum:
Carter/McDonald
Hayes/
Deshields/Coffey
Billings/Hawkins
Parker/Cunane

At best:
Carter/McDonald
Lloyd/Hayes
Howard/Deshields
Parker/Stokes/Brown

Probably:
Canada/McDonald
Carter/Hayes
Deshields/Coffey
Austin/Billings/Hawkins
Parker/Brown

I agree that Deshields and Coffey are very gettable as it does not look like there current team will be able to offer or match decent contracts

Hines-Allen will have suitors maybe even Washington if they want to look now and future as opposed to just now but If Atl offer Hines-Allen a max and she signed it That seems very possible as well

I would go a step further and say while Atl wouldn't want to sign or core C. Williams I could still see a sign and trade LA for example seems like a very viable landing spot for C. Williams but they can't afford to sign her unless someone retires so a sign and trade for Wheeler seems possible as well

I could see Hayes maybe wanting to go somewhere else but who knows

dreamfan11

PostPosted: 10/06/21 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:

She said that they didn't see the whole video, only a "10-15 sec clip" and that the players told them and the coach that it was self-defense. And the organization decided to take their word for it and 'stand by their players'.
Shocked Idea

Now do you all believe me what an idiot Renee is? Now she is blaming the players for not fully explaining what is on a video? They only saw 15 seconds of a full video? They didn't ask any questions themselves yet they are a new ownership group making all the right moves? You guys want to hate on me but I am telling you, when you are a pretend "owner" and your "homies" are not sports people, this is what you get. The front office is stupid too as they did not use their PR people and agency properly to get ahead of this - and then, they tell players they are not welcome back three months before free agency, and without a coach or GM? Hahahahaha - good lord!

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 10/06/21 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Cooper2009 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Carter
McDonald
Hayes maybe (core her?)
Hawkins
Billings
Parker

?

Offer:
Nia Coffey
Diamond Deshields
Rebecca Allen
Jordan Canada
Mercedes Russell
Jewel Lloyd
MHA
Kiah Stokes

At minimum:
Carter/McDonald
Hayes/
Deshields/Coffey
Billings/Hawkins
Parker/Cunane

At best:
Carter/McDonald
Lloyd/Hayes
Howard/Deshields
Parker/Stokes/Brown

Probably:
Canada/McDonald
Carter/Hayes
Deshields/Coffey
Austin/Billings/Hawkins
Parker/Brown

I agree that Deshields and Coffey are very gettable as it does not look like there current team will be able to offer or match decent contracts

Hines-Allen will have suitors maybe even Washington if they want to look now and future as opposed to just now but If Atl offer Hines-Allen a max and she signed it That seems very possible as well

I would go a step further and say while Atl wouldn't want to sign or core C. Williams I could still see a sign and trade LA for example seems like a very viable landing spot for C. Williams but they can't afford to sign her unless someone retires so a sign and trade for Wheeler seems possible as well

I could see Hayes maybe wanting to go somewhere else but who knows

Yeah Hines-Allen is a gettable-ish goal for a lot of teams this offseason… really depends on how Washington views the cornerstones of it’s team to be over the next few years.

I like Wheeler there, I was actually going to come back and say I’d potentially keep Sims around as a vet on the perimeter with this team hopefully taking on the mantle of “mother goose” instead of another post. She can morph this into a post playing coaching career. Coffey can play the 4 comfortably.

PostPosted: 10/08/21 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

Shocked Idea

Now do you all believe me what an idiot Renee is? Now she is blaming the players for not fully explaining what is on a video? They only saw 15 seconds of a full video? They didn't ask any questions themselves yet they are a new ownership group making all the right moves? You guys want to hate on me but I am telling you, when you are a pretend "owner" and your "homies" are not sports people, this is what you get. The front office is stupid too as they did not use their PR people and agency properly to get ahead of this - and then, they tell players they are not welcome back three months before free agency, and without a coach or GM? Hahahahaha - good lord!

IKR. I find it hard to believe that they only seen a 15 second clip. What I do believe is that the majority owners put this on Rene to take care of it and unfortunately, it backfired on her. This also makes me think that there may have been some jealousy of Carter which is why she got suspended. When you have influence, you can use it to your advantage which is what seems like Williams definitely has.

Williams has some questionable behavior for someone who is supposed to be a leader". At first, I thought that it was weird for the Sun to not offer her a favorable contract but now I see why.

As talented as Williams is, this may be the last time that we see Williams in the WNBA.

I hate to see Bradford not given another opportunity but, sometimes who you know and hang out with can hurt you too.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/08/21 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
dreamfan11 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

Shocked Idea

IKR. I find it hard to believe that they only seen a 15 second clip. What I do believe is that the majority owners put this on Rene to take care of it and unfortunately, it backfired on her. This also makes me think that there may have been some jealousy of Carter which is why she got suspended. When you have influence, you can use it to your advantage which is what seems like Williams definitely has.

Williams has some questionable behavior for someone who is supposed to be a leader". At first, I thought that it was weird for the Sun to not offer her a favorable contract but now I see why.

As talented as Williams is, this may be the last time that we see Williams in the WNBA.

I hate to see Bradford not given another opportunity but, sometimes who you know and hang out with can hurt you too.

This was once said about another williams who held people at gun point and shes now playing in the Semis Game 5 #Phew Phew Phew issa 22 Laughing Laughing
Courtney will find another home i have no doubt about it. Maybe not of her choice but she will get picked up due to talent alone . She was all star this year and teams will come with their own stipulations im sure if they do make her an offer.

PostPosted: 10/08/21 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
dreamfan11 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

Shocked Idea

This was once said about another Williams who held people at gun point and she's now playing in the Semis Game 5 #Phew Phew Phew issa 22 Laughing Laughing
Courtney will find another home i have no doubt about it. Maybe not of her choice but she will get picked up due to talent alone . She was all star this year and teams will come with their own stipulations im sure if they do make her an offer.

You never hear anything from or about Bay Bay accept for that gun incident(which charges were dropped by the way). Courtney on the other hand, has had an issue on every team she has been on( with either teammates or off of the court). This last incident might be the last straw. It would be interesting to see who takes a chance on Courtney because from the outside looking in, her behavior causes issues.

Randy

PostPosted: 10/08/21 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://justwomenssports.com/crystal-bradford-addresses-dream-fight-video-in-since-deleted-tweets/

Quote:
“Never did I glorify that altercation,” Bradford wrote on Twitter. “It made me sick to my stomach and having to relive it due to a video makes it more tough for me.”

Milks26

PostPosted: 10/08/21 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the 'W' had more than 12 teams maybe she'd eat somewhere. But, with limited options don't be surprise if she gets left on youtube.

Too bad for Bradford, she just made her way back into the league after years overseas. She said the altercation "made her sick to her stomach"...meh! I have trouble believing that. She looks like she goes 'in' whenever.

PostPosted: 10/10/21 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bradford showed that she totally belongs in the league. She will be picked up. I could see her in LA for instance.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/10/21 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Bradford showed that she totally belongs in the league. She will be picked up. I could see her in LA for instance.

Why, they already have Gabby. If she’s willing to work for $72K, I suppose she could get a spot with some team. Do the NYWings need another wing? I’d suggest SEA, but I think they are pretty unwavering on only bringing in high character players. Same with Minnesota, supposedly.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/10/21 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Why, they already have Gabby. If she’s willing to work for $72K, I suppose she could get a spot with some team. Do the NYWings need another wing? I’d suggest SEA, but I think they are pretty unwavering on only bringing in high character players. Same with Minnesota, supposedly.

LV?

pilight

PostPosted: 10/12/21 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta Dream names Tanisha Wright as Head Coach

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-names-tanisha-wright-as-head-coach/

Quote:
“It’s an honor to be chosen as head coach for the Atlanta Dream, and I’m excited to play a role in building a successful organization centered around the player experience,” said Wright. “I have been part of championship teams and understand what it takes to win in this league. I look forward to bringing my talents to this franchise and helping the Dream achieve success.”

PostPosted: 10/12/21 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YEA!! It is official. I love this hire. You could always tell how Wright even played with a coaching mentality. Plus she's played under some very good coaches. Great hire by the Dream.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/12/21 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes. I hope she can successfully make that transition. I actually think it may be easier for someone like her who was such a worker bee, but not the superstar. So she will be better able to relate to players who may not have super talent, but who work hard...and y'all have at least a few of those on your team. It feels like a good fit. Hopefully she can get some experienced assistants to fill out the leadership team.

TigerVol

PostPosted: 10/12/21 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
dreamfan11 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

Shocked Idea

I suspect Renee is learning some hard lessons - first time managers usually do.

I can believe it. These are people she has peer level relationships with or knowledge of that precede a management relationship (at least Williams).

The issue is she should have then thought - okay what if I'm wrong or if this isn't the only video out there?

If I'm wrong will the decision to keep it in house still be the right decision?

Answer is no - should have reported to PA and wnba day 1 - with their recommendation of backing their player and keeping it in house.

Wnba could choose to investigate or not. If they investigate it either validates the player's perspective or it doesn't.

Protects league, team and actually the player.

And prevents the following chennedy drama from the appearance of being a hypocritical mess.

PostPosted: 10/13/21 4:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great hire for the Dream. Really happy for T Wright!

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/13/21 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no doubt Williams and Maybe Bradford will get another shot. People love to cancel others out in this generation. They made a mistake .

PostPosted: 10/15/21 2:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Re: Crystal Bradford, I presume she's still a Reserved player moving forward? So since the Dream won't be re-signing her, they can pretty much just trade her for whatever, to wherever she agrees. She's from Michigan. How about a trade to current Finals team Chicago nearby? Reserved Bradford for RFA DeShields straight-up. DeShields may have tried to come home to Georgia anyway, but her restricted status could complicate things, which is where a trade scenario comes in. This seems to be the perfect one – Bradford should still be at or near the min, while DeShields can get whatever the hell Atlanta's willing to give her.

Just... don't ask some of our resident Dream fans how they'd feel about DeShields coming home. Razz

Randy

PostPosted: 10/15/21 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Re: Crystal Bradford, I presume she's still a Reserved player moving forward? So since the Dream won't be re-signing her, they can pretty much just trade her for whatever, to wherever she agrees. She's from Michigan. How about a trade to current Finals team Chicago nearby? Reserved Bradford for RFA DeShields straight-up. DeShields may have tried to come home to Georgia anyway, but her restricted status could complicate things, which is where a trade scenario comes in. This seems to be the perfect one – Bradford should still be at or near the min, while DeShields can get whatever the hell Atlanta's willing to give her.

Just... don't ask some of our resident Dream fans how they'd feel about DeShields coming home. Razz

I don't it is that simple. The team has to make a qualifying offer to reserved players from Jan 1-January 14. If they don't the player is a UFA starting Feb. 1. So Dream would have to offer Bradford a contract, which she could sign if she wanted to. So I think Bradford ends up as a UFA and gets to go where she wants.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: