RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Alabama Rush Tok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 08/18/21 7:31 am    ::: Alabama Rush Tok Reply Reply with quote

So-is anyone on TikTok and got sucked into Alabama's sorority rush week? I'm from the North East. our colleges/universities have greek life, but it is absolutely nothing like what I saw on Tik Tok last week at Alabama. I have some questions:

1. It seemed almost like a religion. Is it really that serious?
2. Does everyone on campus hate them?
3. At the end of rush week, are they in, or do they have to go through pledging for like 6 weeks?

It was like a train wreck that I couldn't take my eyes off. I mean, they're essentially buying friends, but whatever

tfan

PostPosted: 08/20/21 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I ran into a video on YouTube (in one of the sections where they pull over content from Tik Tok). They were showing what they were wearing (all were in a dress and bought from the same place or company) and telling where they bought the item (earrings, bracelets, shoes) if they could remember it. They let you know it was viral with a name like Bama Rush or #BamaRush. I searched and saw another edited clip with some dancing to a rap song that was praising members of their sorority. I need to look at more to get the whole picture.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/20/21 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why even dignify such shit by posting about it? <shrug>

PostPosted: 08/20/21 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t have my glasses on. Alabama Rush. Is that a new cannabis strain?

PostPosted: 08/26/21 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Why even dignify such shit by posting about it? <shrug>

Why even respond? I asked legitimate questions. I know there are a lot of SEC people on this board and I'm actually curious. Get lost

TigerVol

PostPosted: 08/30/21 6:49 pm    ::: Re: Alabama Rush Tok Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
So-is anyone on TikTok and got sucked into Alabama's sorority rush week? I'm from the North East. our colleges/universities have greek life, but it is absolutely nothing like what I saw on Tik Tok last week at Alabama. I have some questions:

1. It seemed almost like a religion. Is it really that serious?
2. Does everyone on campus hate them?
3. At the end of rush week, are they in, or do they have to go through pledging for like 6 weeks?

It was like a train wreck that I couldn't take my eyes off. I mean, they're essentially buying friends, but whatever

It is absolutely that serious at Alabama.

I was Greek at a different SEC school and roomed with a bama "sister" at convention.

She was totally decent.

And totally shocked that i lived with people from a different sorority and no sorority. Shocked and didn't know how to respond... That just isn't done.

"mixing" was common on my campus (we had dorm floors and chapter rooms not houses so apartments/condos became the norm as upper classmen). Greek was/is a good way to meet people your first year and provided some fun activities throughout but just wasn't so serious whether you were or weren't.

Greek is a whole different world at Alabama. Matters if you are and if you are it matters which one and in turn somewhat dictates the frats and sororities you socialize with.

Google University of Alabama political machine. All goes hand in hand. It is all about training and connections and doesn't stop with college.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: