43%
 43%  [ 16 ]
Team WNBA
56%
 56%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 37

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 07/15/21 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m not understanding why Gray and Diggins are getting blamed since this is only their 1st go around with the National Team, of course they don’t have chemistry yet, Bird has been around since the 02 World Championships and Taurasi 04 Olympics Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes

Let’s not forget how things ended up for them during their first go around as the starting backcourt for Team USA Confused Confused Confused

pilight

PostPosted: 07/15/21 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
again, interesting that no one whines about Fowles..

Fowles is

A Playing

B Playing at an MVP candidate level for a contending team

That's very different from a 39 year old, 36% shooting guard, known for playing indifferent defense, who's missed more games than she's played the last three seasons and is out hurt right now, one week before the opening ceremonies.

PostPosted: 07/15/21 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
I think they are ready to play now. Like..skill and play wise..I’d at least take Clark and Bueckers over Gray and Diggins..

You're telling me that, after seeing Clark and Bueckers play one season, against other college girls, that was enough to convince you that they are better, right now, than two proven professionals, who have been doing it against the best in the world, for years?

That's... a take.

+1 _____________X

I wouldn't Take neither over any of the current roster lol. College game and the WNBA are not the same. Im sure they will be there in the future , but not right now .

Paige Bueckers couldn’t even stop Aari McDonald in the final four and we’re supposed to think now she’s better than Chelsea and Skylar? 😩😩

Davis4632

PostPosted: 07/15/21 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
It’s too bad Paige, Azzi, and Clark weren’t ready for the Olympic round though…I’d rather them learning the ropes from Taurasi/Bird instead of Gray/Diggins.

Does this mean that if they were ready, you would have been happy with letting them jump the line?

I think they are ready to play now. Like..skill and play wise..I’d at least take Clark and Bueckers over Gray and Diggins..

But I literally meant it’s not their turn.

There are guards I wish Team USA took (again, interesting that no one whines about Fowles..) but the truth is, they did a poor job of finding consistent younger guards for Bird and Taurasi to mentor. (Again..they were handicapped because after the 2004 class, the elite players have been forwards not guards)

People are complaining about Syl but not as much. Someone told me the National team should go position less and I asked myself If the rest of the world plays that way. Which to my knowledge is not the case.

But Syl is 1 of the best centers in this league. Who else are you going to take at the 5 outside of her and BG?

Should have snagged Jonquel before she became Boznian she would have been the replacement id want !!!

The center they groomed is currently on the 3X3 team.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 07/15/21 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

You're telling me that, after seeing Clark and Bueckers play one season, against other college girls, that was enough to convince you that they are better, right now, than two proven professionals, who have been doing it against the best in the world, for years?

That's... a take.

+1 _____________X

I wouldn't Take neither over any of the current roster lol. College game and the WNBA are not the same. Im sure they will be there in the future , but not right now .

+1. Those who know me from the college board know I'm a Clark/Iowa stan. So believe me when I say that Clark will already have her hands plenty full leading the U19 squad in August.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/15/21 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Based on the 2016 team, who would've predicted that Whalen and Seimone would be retired? Maya would be on hiatus (are we considering her retired?). Angel & EDD would be injured? This isn't even talked about to be honest.

Augustus and Whalen were in their mid 30's. It's not a leap to think they'd be retired or diminished to the point of not making the team four years later. Augustus was already a borderline pick then. Betting on EDD to be injured is a pretty safe bet.

PostPosted: 07/15/21 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

That's... a take.

+1 _____________X

Those 2, especially Bueckers, couldn't handle the grown-up women's game at this stage of their careers, imo.

....The All-Star game is the perfect scenario for Ogunnerbrawler to shine. She's an incredible scorer and a streaky outside shooter who, in a contest in which defense is devalued, can really light it up.

....I think Angel will be sorely missed in Tokyo.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 07/15/21 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think projecting that most if not all of the new players on Team USA won't be there in 2024 is forgetting the past. Team USA sticks with players once they are on the team. Gray, Diggins-Smith, Loyd, Collier, Atkins, Wilson. They are going to be on the team for years to come along with the younger holdovers like Griner and Stewart.

Spots will open up with Bird, Taurasi, Fowles, and Charles most likely gone in 2024. But predictions that have most of the new players on the team leaving in 2024 just aren't rooted in the reality of how Team USA works, for good or ill.

PostPosted: 07/15/21 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

That's... a take.

The Bird/Taurasi take was bad -- it's hard to argue they are the best guards on their own teams right now, much less Team USA -- but this is next level. Tell me you prefer white players without telling me you prefer white players.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/15/21 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously, they have six new players this time because that's how many of 2016's team weren't available. Everybody from the last team who's not out hurt or retired is on this team. One who is out hurt made the team anyway.

PostPosted: 07/15/21 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
A lot of people are sleeping on Serbia #Dabo !

They looked really good in winning EuroBasket, but I have a hard time seeing Team USA losing to a squad whose best player is Sonja Vasic.

PostPosted: 07/15/21 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Frustrating, the lack of love for Arike. Her efforts dismissed readily here, but tired of the hater talk here.

What I would like to mention is the shirt Chris Paul wore into the Finals game 4. She got game is awesome with Swoopes on it. Huge Swoopes fan! Want it. Anyone know if it’s available anywhere?

Would pull for the CP and the Suns, but total Wisconsin Homer unless it’s the Packers and Brewers, AND Giannis is such a hottie. Totally want a win for him.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/16/21 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Frustrating, the lack of love for Arike. Her efforts dismissed readily here, but tired of the hater talk here.

What I would like to mention is the shirt Chris Paul wore into the Finals game 4. She got game is awesome with Swoopes on it. Huge Swoopes fan! Want it. Anyone know if it’s available anywhere?

Would pull for the CP and the Suns, but total Wisconsin Homer unless it’s the Packers and Brewers, AND Giannis is such a hottie. Totally want a win for him.

Cheese head Forever!❤️

PostPosted: 07/16/21 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
again, interesting that no one whines about Fowles..

Fowles is

A Playing

B Playing at an MVP candidate level for a contending team

That's very different from a 39 year old, 36% shooting guard, known for playing indifferent defense, who's missed more games than she's played the last three seasons and is out hurt right now, one week before the opening ceremonies.

Lmao, that wasn’t the case when the whinnying started. Or have you forgotten that Taurasi was in the MVP conversation last season?

Load management during an Olympic year isn’t anything new for Diana. She’s played so many games in her career because she plays through injuries. In an Olympic year - because she doesn’t want to risk injury, she’s precautious.

As for my comments on Paige and Clark…again, Im talking about talent. Yes, talent wise..yeah..they’re ready. It’s just not their turn. Serious question..assuming no injuries, how long do you think it’ll take Bueckers, Clark, and Fudd to be considered elite WNBA guards, because I think it’ll take a half a season…

PostPosted: 07/16/21 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

Devin Booker though..❤️ (On a side note..I LOVE that he gives Diana credit for a lot of his development, but he really didn’t need to pick up every single one of her bad habits. 😂 )

The Suns are such a fun team to watch when they are on, and I’m rooting for them, but the Bucks have a lot of heart too. Both of these teams are far more likable than the Lakers/Nets finals the NBA and media wanted.

PostPosted: 07/16/21 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Lmao, that wasn’t the case when the whinnying started. Or have you forgotten that Taurasi was in the MVP conversation last season?

No she wasn't. She barely managed 40% from the field and the team had a better record in the games she missed. She got some token votes from people who remembered when she was the best player in the league and projected that on to her highly inconsistent 2020 season.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: