Team WNBA
56%
 56%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 37

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/14/21 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Love how the Arike haters have nothing to post right now….#MVP while that other player in her class #Nvm

Go off then Laughing

Trees exist 😁😁😁👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

PostPosted: 07/14/21 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Team USA needs some Major overhauling In 2024 not pointing fingers but it’s obvious of what the weakness of this team is !!

The guards are trash. Wink

The coach is trash too.

Nah the guards are old and expected to give MJ performances through out the olympics against 20 yrs younger opponents. Smh Gold will be tougher than ever I feel. No backcourt defenders all scorers with offensive minds and no thought to defend a dead man . The last few teams had Angel or Catch or Pee Wee / DMJ or Swoopes /RBH to make up for perimeter faults! Who this go round ? Collier ? Lloyd? Whoooo

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 07/14/21 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/14/21 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Buekers/Clark
Ogunbowale/Ionescu/Carter
Collier/Deshields
Stewart/Wilson/(MHA or R. Howard or S. Austin or N. Smith? try to make things right with N. Ogwumike?)
Griner/Boston

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/14/21 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
SCook wrote:
Tina & Lisa were more engaged than Dawn the entire game.

I just.... None of the guards for Team USA had anything to offer? None? Arike was shimming in their faces and pointing at them and no one had another gear to either stop her or make sure they went off.

DT may be an oldie but when it's time to go, it's time to go.

It’s why complaining about Bird and Taurasi was always silly to me. They’re the best guards on the team.

Part of the problem is that after those two..the elite WNBA players have been forwards. That’s starting to change now, and our team will reflect that in the future..but this team is gonna have weaker guards.

I feel your looking through a one sided telescope .. best offensive minded guards yes!! Everything else hmmmm…..sounds like we’re praying to outscore the field hopefully?

PostPosted: 07/14/21 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Team WNBA

I see you Arike with your

That's what Team USA get - go with broke down - you get broken. Even though they'll probably survive the lympics.

A lot of people are sleeping on Serbia #Dabo !

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 07/14/21 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/14/21 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Buekers/Clark
Collier/Deshields
Stewart/Wilson/(MHA or R. Howard or S. Austin or N. Smith? try to make things right with N. Ogwumike?)
Griner/Boston

That overhaul does not seem dominate without Rhyne Howard instead of Ionescu or Carter along with EDD likely being around to play still instead of Nneka who’s now classified Nigerian for good right?

PostPosted: 07/14/21 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Buekers/Clark
Collier/Deshields
Griner/Boston

That overhaul does not seem dominate without Rhyne Howard instead of Ionescu or Carter along with EDD likely being around to play still instead of Nneka who’s now classified Nigerian for good right?

No, FIBA ruled today that Nneka can't be Nigerian. She's thinking of taking FIBA to court at the CAS in Switzerland.

Will Big Syl go for #5 in 2024 at age 38 under the Bird/Taurasi precedent?
Milks26

PostPosted: 07/14/21 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taking a 38 yr old post in Fowles. Please no.

This ppl need to get younger

Last edited by Milks26 on 07/15/21 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/14/21 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I may sound like a homer but arike should be ahead of Lloyd & Atkins on Team USA’s depth chart possibly even DT at this point .

PostPosted: 07/14/21 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In a weird defense of Team USA

Arike Ogunbowale scores like this almost every game. She is an elite scorer. And she does it in Dallas as the clear #1 option so teams are game planning for her. So if you put her on this team with Sabally and Bonner on the wing, Sloot passing her the ball and J. Jones and Parker upfront instead of C. Collier, Alarie and Harrison of course she can destroy you. C. Williams did the same thing to a lesser extent. All-Star games even ones with slightly higher stakes are much easier for the great one on one players to be successful than to show team defense.

She should have been put on Team USA instead of Atkins is a conversation fro another time but Ironically Atkins probably made the team over Arike because they wanted a better defender (I am sure the committee considered Ogunbowale but decided that scoring was less important on this squad than adding perimeter defense). (I had Arike and Diamond as the next in over Atkins on the perimeter anyway, Ogunbowale was the best guard on the court tonight).

Last edited by J-Spoon on 07/15/21 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/15/21 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Buekers/Clark
Collier/Deshields
Griner/Boston

I am mostly just having fun with this

I actually could see the Nneka storyline happening, I do not see Fowles hanging around, EDD is an interesting thought 3 years is plenty of time to get back in shape and return to some level of elite play but I wouldn't count on it (I would count on her returning to elite play, I wouldn't count on her wanting to staying healthy and participating with Team USA for 3 more years to be available for they Olympics in 24. This is not meant as a slight or an attack on EDD just seems possible that it isn't in the cards for her). IMO if they are healthy Ionescu and Carter will both be all-stars and top w talent in the next couple of seasons people writing of Ionescu because of her injury problem or Carter because of her attitude issues are jumping the gun a year or two they will both be consider two of the best in the game IMO. There W and over-seas experience might even keep them ahead of Buekers and Clark in the pecking order who will either be coming of their senior year or rookie year if I am counting right.

I think there could be one or even two or three post positions up for grabs, I can't see Team USA passing on Boston who get the other spot or two who knows R. Howard will definitely be in the mix.

I actually think the talent level coming into the team is very high, it just might not be as iconic as what we've seen the last couple of decades.

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 07/15/21 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Super enjoyable game, love seeing everyone having fun. Really liked the looseness and competitiveness the WNBA team played with.

Can anyone tell me who the woman was they cut to twice before and after announcing Ogunbowale's MVP? The second shot I think it was Ionescu sitting next to her. It was a comically unenthusiastic reaction shot both times.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/15/21 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mixolydian wrote:
Super enjoyable game, love seeing everyone having fun. Really liked the looseness and competitiveness the WNBA team played with.

Can anyone tell me who the woman was they cut to twice before and after announcing Ogunbowale's MVP? The second shot I think it was Ionescu sitting next to her. It was a comically unenthusiastic reaction shot both times.

Vanessa Bryant, widow of Kobe Bryant.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Mixolydian

PostPosted: 07/15/21 2:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah, gotcha, thanks. That makes sense and it's nice they gave her a shoutout.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/15/21 3:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
SCook wrote:
Tina & Lisa were more engaged than Dawn the entire game.

I just.... None of the guards for Team USA had anything to offer? None? Arike was shimming in their faces and pointing at them and no one had another gear to either stop her or make sure they went off.

DT may be an oldie but when it's time to go, it's time to go.

It’s why complaining about Bird and Taurasi was always silly to me. They’re the best guards on the team.

Part of the problem is that after those two..the elite WNBA players have been forwards. That’s starting to change now, and our team will reflect that in the future..but this team is gonna have weaker guards.

I feel your looking through a one sided telescope .. best offensive minded guards yes!! Everything else hmmmm…..sounds like we’re praying to outscore the field hopefully?

Please you are doing the same. Arike is the ultimate offensive minded guard who cant guard for shit either Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes She is a pure scorer, super iso player. If there is 1 thing the USA dont need is more scoring ability..

1 of the 2 oldie guards wasnt even playing in this game and they still get blamed for this loss Laughing Laughing This is becoming a joke
People were whining for Gray and Diggins to be on this team for years and now they are on it and people still complain that the guards suck.
Loyd and Atkins are probably 2 of the best defenders at their position and have been playing great this season on both ends of the ball. Big reason why they are on this team.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 07/15/21 5:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Love how the Arike haters have nothing to post right now….#MVP while that other player in her class #Nvm

Go off then Laughing

Trees exist 😁😁😁👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

she didn't even play in the second half, so what's the excuse - collier being misused? NO

arike over napheesa - call carol.

SCook

PostPosted: 07/15/21 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I may sound like a homer but arike should be ahead of Lloyd & Atkins on Team USA’s depth chart possibly even DT at this point .

By what criteria?

PostPosted: 07/15/21 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
It’s too bad Paige, Azzi, and Clark weren’t ready for the Olympic round though…I’d rather them learning the ropes from Taurasi/Bird instead of Gray/Diggins.

Does this mean that if they were ready, you would have been happy with letting them jump the line?

I think they are ready to play now. Like..skill and play wise..I’d at least take Clark and Bueckers over Gray and Diggins..

But I literally meant it’s not their turn.

There are guards I wish Team USA took (again, interesting that no one whines about Fowles..) but the truth is, they did a poor job of finding consistent younger guards for Bird and Taurasi to mentor. (Again..they were handicapped because after the 2004 class, the elite players have been forwards not guards)

PostPosted: 07/15/21 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Based on the 2016 team, who would've predicted that Whalen and Seimone would be retired? Maya would be on hiatus (are we considering her retired?). Angel & EDD would be injured? This isn't even talked about to be honest.

In honesty, I believe that Sue and DT would've likely been transitioned out had some of those players stayed but of course that didn't happen. So you take the players with the most Olympic experience.

Yeah, I know possibly any group can go an win the gold medal.

PostPosted: 07/15/21 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The USA had so much depth at forward they could afford to have washed up forwards getting roster spots Very Happy Wink Back then it the criteria for making the team was career achievements and intangibles instead of current play.

Last edited by Davis4632 on 07/15/21 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
SCook

PostPosted: 07/15/21 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
It’s too bad Paige, Azzi, and Clark weren’t ready for the Olympic round though…I’d rather them learning the ropes from Taurasi/Bird instead of Gray/Diggins.

Does this mean that if they were ready, you would have been happy with letting them jump the line?

I think they are ready to play now. Like..skill and play wise..I’d at least take Clark and Bueckers over Gray and Diggins..

There are guards I wish Team USA took (again, interesting that no one whines about Fowles..) but the truth is, they did a poor job of finding consistent younger guards for Bird and Taurasi to mentor. (Again..they were handicapped because after the 2004 class, the elite players have been forwards not guards)

People are complaining about Syl but not as much. Someone told me the National team should go position less and I asked myself If the rest of the world plays that way. Which to my knowledge is not the case.

But Syl is 1 of the best centers in this league. Who else are you going to take at the 5 outside of her and BG?

PostPosted: 07/15/21 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

You're telling me that, after seeing Clark and Bueckers play one season, against other college girls, that was enough to convince you that they are better, right now, than two proven professionals, who have been doing it against the best in the world, for years?

That's... a take.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/15/21 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Based on the 2016 team, who would've predicted that Whalen and Seimone would be retired? Maya would be on hiatus (are we considering her retired?). Angel & EDD would be injured? This isn't even talked about to be honest.

In honesty, I believe that Sue and DT would've likely been transitioned out had some of those players stayed but of course that didn't happen. So you take the players with the most Olympic experience.

Yeah, I know possibly any group can go an win the gold medal.

They absolutely would not have. USA Basketball said explicitly that the two of them were on the team as long as they want to be. I'm not convinced we won't see one of them in three years.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/15/21 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

People are complaining about Syl but not as much. Someone told me the National team should go position less and I asked myself If the rest of the world plays that way. Which to my knowledge is not the case.

But Syl is 1 of the best centers in this league. Who else are you going to take at the 5 outside of her and BG?

Should have snagged Jonquel before she became Boznian she would have been the replacement id want !!!

PostPosted: 07/15/21 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

You're telling me that, after seeing Clark and Bueckers play one season, against other college girls, that was enough to convince you that they are better, right now, than two proven professionals, who have been doing it against the best in the world, for years?

That's... a take.

+1 _____________X

I wouldn't Take neither over any of the current roster lol. College game and the WNBA are not the same. Im sure they will be there in the future , but not right now .

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: