RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs/Redshirts 2021-22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LitePal



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 604



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Coyotes"]Baylor reloading, Dre'una Edwards to Baylor.[/quote]

I don't see this one lasting.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 11721
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
Baylor reloading, Dre'una Edwards to Baylor.


I don't see this one lasting.


Agreed Collen is trying to load up on the top transfers.
Edwards commits' first , look for Blackwell and Reese to be next. Overall they wont work out and someone will transfer again when the season ends.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6930
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't Edwards a grad transfer or a senior anyway? I see her as a disruptive force. She was suspended at least once last season by Elzy at Kentucky.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
~UK~



Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 348



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Isn't Edwards a grad transfer or a senior anyway? I see her as a disruptive force. She was suspended at least once last season by Elzy at Kentucky.


She’s transferred twice now. Utah->UK->Baylor. I this should be her senior year. She was suspended twice at UK(the 2nd time for several weeks). IF she can stay out of trouble she can be an asset on a team.


HomerCecil



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 1075



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Isn't Edwards a grad transfer or a senior anyway? I see her as a disruptive force. She was suspended at least once last season by Elzy at Kentucky.


She’s transferred twice now. Utah->UK->Baylor. I this should be her senior year. She was suspended twice at UK(the 2nd time for several weeks). IF she can stay out of trouble she can be an asset on a team.


Agreed. High-risk/high-reward. The talent is definitely there.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6930
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
~UK~ wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Isn't Edwards a grad transfer or a senior anyway? I see her as a disruptive force. She was suspended at least once last season by Elzy at Kentucky.


She’s transferred twice now. Utah->UK->Baylor. I this should be her senior year. She was suspended twice at UK(the 2nd time for several weeks). IF she can stay out of trouble she can be an asset on a team.


Agreed. High-risk/high-reward. The talent is definitely there.


Talent doesn't excuse everything. Look what happened to Zaay Green.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
ridor



Joined: 18 Oct 2005
Posts: 1000
Location: Frederick, Maryland


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexia Smith left Minnesota for Virginia. Coach Mox also got Yonta Vaughn who demcommited from WVU after the retirement of Mikey Carey to Virginia. IN 5 weeks, Coach Mox has already got 4 players coming in at Virginia. The future is bright.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6930
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
Alexia Smith left Minnesota for Virginia. Coach Mox also got Yonta Vaughn who demcommited from WVU after the retirement of Mikey Carey to Virginia. IN 5 weeks, Coach Mox has already got 4 players coming in at Virginia. The future is bright.


Anything has to be better than what it was under Tina Thompson. ANYTHING. But if you didn't watch Coach Mox at Missouri State, you are in for a treat. She is the real deal.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
PG4ever



Joined: 14 May 2020
Posts: 219



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Isn't Edwards a grad transfer or a senior anyway? I see her as a disruptive force. She was suspended at least once last season by Elzy at Kentucky.


I wouldn't automatically say she was a disruptive force. It depends on the reasons for the suspensions. At least one of them was for "not upholding academic standards" which doesn't mean she doesn't care about school/academics. Maybe she struggles academically and then when you add the demands of college basketball, it's a real challenge for her. Maybe she gets tutoring and still struggles. We don't really know the details or I should say I don't know the details. The other suspension was for "disciplinary" reasons and that does seem like it could be disruptive to a team, but again, we don't know the reasons.


undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 2282
Location: midwest


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Molly Davis from CMU to Iowa.



_________________
RebKell's 2021-2022 NCAA Fantasy League Regular Season Champion 🏆
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 3136



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Isn't Edwards a grad transfer or a senior anyway? I see her as a disruptive force. She was suspended at least once last season by Elzy at Kentucky.


I wouldn't automatically say she was a disruptive force. It depends on the reasons for the suspensions. At least one of them was for "not upholding academic standards" which doesn't mean she doesn't care about school/academics. Maybe she struggles academically and then when you add the demands of college basketball, it's a real challenge for her. Maybe she gets tutoring and still struggles. We don't really know the details or I should say I don't know the details. The other suspension was for "disciplinary" reasons and that does seem like it could be disruptive to a team, but again, we don't know the reasons.


KY didn't give the specific reason but said it was "a team-imposed suspension related to a disciplinary matter." That sounds a bit disruptive to me.
https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-women/article257564983.html


~UK~



Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 348



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Isn't Edwards a grad transfer or a senior anyway? I see her as a disruptive force. She was suspended at least once last season by Elzy at Kentucky.


I wouldn't automatically say she was a disruptive force. It depends on the reasons for the suspensions. At least one of them was for "not upholding academic standards" which doesn't mean she doesn't care about school/academics. Maybe she struggles academically and then when you add the demands of college basketball, it's a real challenge for her. Maybe she gets tutoring and still struggles. We don't really know the details or I should say I don't know the details. The other suspension was for "disciplinary" reasons and that does seem like it could be disruptive to a team, but again, we don't know the reasons.


KY didn't give the specific reason but said it was "a team-imposed suspension related to a disciplinary matter." That sounds a bit disruptive to me.
https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-women/article257564983.html


From what I understand it was a serious matter.


okstateguy



Joined: 18 Feb 2021
Posts: 236
Location: Oklahoma


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sara Rodrigues of OK State hits the portal. Decent potential, would be pretty good at a program like FGCU



_________________
okstateguy
purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2812
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/22 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WAC Player of the Year Caitlyn Harper transferring to Purdue.

https://purduesports.com/news/2022/4/27/womens-basketball-purdue-adds-caitlyn-harper-wac-player-of-the-year.aspx

And that came 2 days after Coach Gearlds convinced Jeanae Terry to return after entering the portal last month.


HomerCecil



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 1075



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/22 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
HomerCecil wrote:
~UK~ wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Isn't Edwards a grad transfer or a senior anyway? I see her as a disruptive force. She was suspended at least once last season by Elzy at Kentucky.


She’s transferred twice now. Utah->UK->Baylor. I this should be her senior year. She was suspended twice at UK(the 2nd time for several weeks). IF she can stay out of trouble she can be an asset on a team.


Agreed. High-risk/high-reward. The talent is definitely there.


Talent doesn't excuse everything. Look what happened to Zaay Green.


I didn't say it excused everything (or anything). Thus the high-risk part of my statement.


~UK~



Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 348



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/22 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jazmine Massengill to Florida State. TN->UK->FSU


mred



Joined: 19 Mar 2007
Posts: 230



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/22 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Aubrey Joens, the middle one, is in the portal out of Iowa State.


Hmmm. I think she should head straight over to Iowa, eh u _ p? Razz


Or, as it turns out, Oklahoma, as she announced on Twitter and Instagram this evening.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 14514
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/22 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mred wrote:
Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Aubrey Joens, the middle one, is in the portal out of Iowa State.


Hmmm. I think she should head straight over to Iowa, eh u _ p? Razz


Or, as it turns out, Oklahoma, as she announced on Twitter and Instagram this evening.


Hmm. Good for her AND Oklahoma. I'm thinking she may have had some recruitment experience with Jenny while Jen was coaching in Iowa, at Drake.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
greatgator



Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 128



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/22 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taya Corosdale from Oregon St. to Duke




Last edited by greatgator on 04/30/22 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 31034



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/22 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greatgator wrote:
Taylor Corosdale from Oregon St. to Duke


her first name is Taya. So she joins teammate Kennedy Brown there. Interesting. Duke is the winner.


TechDawgMc



Joined: 12 Aug 2010
Posts: 355
Location: Temple, TX


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/22 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blackwell has committed to Baylor. Nikki is getting a nice haul in the portal


okstateguy



Joined: 18 Feb 2021
Posts: 236
Location: Oklahoma


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/22 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rumor on an OSU board is that Lauren Fields is headed to Arizona. Has anyone seen anything to confirm this?



_________________
okstateguy
SPD



Joined: 29 Oct 2021
Posts: 366
Location: California


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/22 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
Rumor on an OSU board is that Lauren Fields is headed to Arizona. Has anyone seen anything to confirm this?


Only news from March 26...in-home visit from Arizona (ex OSU coach)

https://twitter.com/DavisCordova11/status/1507867786168737795


okstateguy



Joined: 18 Feb 2021
Posts: 236
Location: Oklahoma


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/30/22 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
Rumor on an OSU board is that Lauren Fields is headed to Arizona. Has anyone seen anything to confirm this?


Only news from March 26...in-home visit from Arizona (ex OSU coach)

https://twitter.com/DavisCordova11/status/1507867786168737795


That's all I've seen too. Haven't seen any indication from the Arizona staff that a new addition is forthcoming, so wasn't all that sure on the validity of it



_________________
okstateguy
PickledGinger



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 1239



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/30/22 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
greatgator wrote:
Taylor Corosdale from Oregon St. to Duke


her first name is Taya. So she joins teammate Kennedy Brown there. Interesting. Duke is the winner.


Of Corosdale or of the transfer pool? 'cause Florida, Indiana, Louisville and LSU all have more claim to that title, methinks.



_________________
Unspoken expectations are just premeditated resentments.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 29 of 32

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin