RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

New Alt Jerseys Leaked by Dicks
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1324



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/28/21 6:37 pm    ::: New Alt Jerseys Leaked by Dicks Reply Reply with quote

Twitter has DC and Dallas... calling them Rebel Edition.

DC with EDD inexplicably hyphenated:

https://twitter.com/jols98/status/1376290468892397569?s=21

And Dallas:

https://twitter.com/thecoltongreen/status/1376303448115847176?s=21


johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 181



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/28/21 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are WNBA jerseys usually sold at DICK's? I've honestly never seen a W jersey in a retail store. That's bigger story to me than the new design! I'm gonna check DICKs tomorrow.


blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 4004
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/28/21 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Are WNBA jerseys usually sold at DICK's? I've honestly never seen a W jersey in a retail store. That's bigger story to me than the new design! I'm gonna check DICKs tomorrow.


Laughing


johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 181



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/28/21 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cool


ChiSky54



Joined: 19 Jun 2019
Posts: 99
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/28/21 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They have this on the website, so I guess that's a YES!!!! Very Happy

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f/wnba-fan-shop?filterFacets=facetStore%3AISA%2CSHIP



_________________
There is nothing new under the sun.
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16097
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/28/21 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
They have this on the website, so I guess that's a YES!!!! Very Happy

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f/wnba-fan-shop?filterFacets=facetStore%3AISA%2CSHIP


I'm only seeing the current jerseys at that link, not the leaked designs.



_________________
"The plan is insane. You are insane… I'll need some pants."
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 16055
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/29/21 1:25 am    ::: Re: New Alt Jerseys Leaked by Dicks Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Twitter has DC and Dallas... calling them Rebel Edition.

DC with EDD inexplicably hyphenated:

https://twitter.com/jols98/status/1376290468892397569?s=21

And Dallas:

https://twitter.com/thecoltongreen/status/1376303448115847176?s=21


That dallas jersey is UGLY Shocked dont like that green at all



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22866
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/29/21 8:24 am    ::: Re: New Alt Jerseys Leaked by Dicks Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
That dallas jersey is UGLY Shocked dont like that green at all

I think they're going for a military vibe, with Forth Worth so nearby, so it's the olive green you'd see on army fatigues or a tank. But yeah, I'm not a big fan either.

I found another webpage last night that's up long before it should be and reveals some extra details: https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1376392483203125249?s=20



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16097
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/29/21 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone in White Plains found the Liberty jerseys in the wild: https://twitter.com/NYLibertyUK/status/1376590847190429700

ngl, if the third jersey isn't "fraternité" Marine Johannès and I might cry a little



_________________
"The plan is insane. You are insane… I'll need some pants."
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 16055
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/29/21 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Someone in White Plains found the Liberty jerseys in the wild: https://twitter.com/NYLibertyUK/status/1376590847190429700

ngl, if the third jersey isn't "fraternité" Marine Johannès and I might cry a little


Those are nice. I saw the jerseys from the Lynx aswell. Looked a lot better then that green one from dallas



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 523
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 8:58 am    ::: Re: New Alt Jerseys Leaked by Dicks Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Twitter has DC and Dallas... calling them Rebel Edition.

DC with EDD inexplicably hyphenated:

https://twitter.com/jols98/status/1376290468892397569?s=21

And Dallas:

https://twitter.com/thecoltongreen/status/1376303448115847176?s=21


That dallas jersey is UGLY Shocked dont like that green at all


Exactly....we would be the one team with a product that no one wants, smdh!!!


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 56422



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’d grab one of those DELLE-DONNE jerseys before they get pulled. Might turn into a collector’s item.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10314
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those jerseys look terrible across the board. The NY Libs doesn't look half bad but tuuurrrible design.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 62440
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 10:01 am    ::: Re: New Alt Jerseys Leaked by Dicks Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I think they're going for a military vibe, with Forth Worth so nearby, so it's the olive green you'd see on army fatigues or a tank.


The actual fort the city was named for has been gone since the 1850's



_________________
The power of the police to fulfill their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behavior, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 523
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Those jerseys look terrible across the board. The NY Libs doesn't look half bad but tuuurrrible design.


LMAO!!! When are you going to post your mock draft for me to compare?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10314
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Those jerseys look terrible across the board. The NY Libs doesn't look half bad but tuuurrrible design.


LMAO!!! When are you going to post your mock draft for me to compare?


Waiting for all the declarer's to announce, Im most likely not going to do a mock til the night before the draft . With this draft its so weak it could go any which way 1-10 but i will give it a shot ! Laughing Laughing Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 523
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Those jerseys look terrible across the board. The NY Libs doesn't look half bad but tuuurrrible design.


LMAO!!! When are you going to post your mock draft for me to compare?


Waiting for all the declarer's to announce, Im most likely not going to do a mock til the night before the draft . With this draft its so weak it could go any which way 1-10 but i will give it a shot ! Laughing Laughing Laughing


Lol, true!

1. Collier
2. Mack
3. Onyenwere
4. International selection


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10314
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Those jerseys look terrible across the board. The NY Libs doesn't look half bad but tuuurrrible design.


LMAO!!! When are you going to post your mock draft for me to compare?


Waiting for all the declarer's to announce, Im most likely not going to do a mock til the night before the draft . With this draft its so weak it could go any which way 1-10 but i will give it a shot ! Laughing Laughing Laughing


Lol, true!

1. Collier
2. Mack
3. Onyenwere
4. International selection


Not bad , but I would like Awak with some type of combo of Onyenwere who's size worries me for a PF along with Maybe Dungee. Overall im still holding out for a trade for BG to Dallas Laughing Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 2616
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone think the League will ever (have to) address this leak when they actually announce them on the supposed April 8th date? By then it will have been over a week & a half since this all started... How embarrassing.



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22866
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Anyone think the League will ever (have to) address this leak when they actually announce them on the supposed April 8th date? By then it will have been over a week & a half since this all started... How embarrassing.

They ignore these things. They virtually never address the screwups.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 2616
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Anyone think the League will ever (have to) address this leak when they actually announce them on the supposed April 8th date? By then it will have been over a week & a half since this all started... How embarrassing.

They ignore these things. They virtually never address the screwups.

If only the “Delle-Donne” screwup got more traction. A good amount of loud people online could use the “this kind of oversight with a star player like our EDD would never happen on the men’s side!” argument and make things particularly uncomfortable for the League. Like, where are those same people that brought the outcry when those medical consultants (who weren’t even League employees) denied EDD her medical waiver for last season? Confused



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 181



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Anyone think the League will ever (have to) address this leak when they actually announce them on the supposed April 8th date? By then it will have been over a week & a half since this all started... How embarrassing.


Nike often orchestrates leaks like these to drum up interest. Seems like it worked! People are definitely talking about W jerseys.

Stormeo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Anyone think the League will ever (have to) address this leak when they actually announce them on the supposed April 8th date? By then it will have been over a week & a half since this all started... How embarrassing.

They ignore these things. They virtually never address the screwups.

If only the “Delle-Donne” screwup got more traction. A good amount of loud people online could use the “this kind of oversight with a star player like our EDD would never happen on the men’s side!” argument and make things particularly uncomfortable for the League. Like, where are those same people that brought the outcry when those medical consultants (who weren’t even League employees) denied EDD her medical waiver for last season? Confused


https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/news/teammate-blasts-jersey-maker-for-typo-in-elena-delle-donnes-name-184803033.html

https://www.insider.com/wnba-new-jerseys-mystics-leaked-stars-last-name-misspelled-2021-3

I actually think calling attention to this mistake is more harmful than helpful. I don't see it rallying people to demand more respect for the league so much as I see it as another cudgel for people to make jokes about the league.


ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 2038
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 6:18 pm    ::: Re: New Alt Jerseys Leaked by Dicks Reply Reply with quote

Are the uniforms new across the board? Like, did they finally ditch that every team wears that exact same pattern? Did they bring back white? I need to know these things


DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 523
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Those jerseys look terrible across the board. The NY Libs doesn't look half bad but tuuurrrible design.


LMAO!!! When are you going to post your mock draft for me to compare?


Waiting for all the declarer's to announce, Im most likely not going to do a mock til the night before the draft . With this draft its so weak it could go any which way 1-10 but i will give it a shot ! Laughing Laughing Laughing


Lol, true!

1. Collier
2. Mack
3. Onyenwere
4. International selection


Not bad , but I would like Awak with some type of combo of Onyenwere who's size worries me for a PF along with Maybe Dungee. Overall im still holding out for a trade for BG to Dallas Laughing Laughing


I feel ya, but I just don't see it happening for us like that, but hey...you never know!!!


hangtyme24



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 2410



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/21 12:53 am    ::: Re: New Alt Jerseys Leaked by Dicks Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Are the uniforms new across the board? Like, did they finally ditch that every team wears that exact same pattern? Did they bring back white? I need to know these things


Yes. Every team is supposed to get three new uniforms. Rebel, Explorer and City editions I believe. The Lynx' Twitter mentioned or asked fans about white unis which has many Minnesota fans believing they'll be getting white unis back. Also heard on Twitter that Vegas and Chicago have two of the best unis but so far no proof yet. We've seen four teams have uniforms leaked by Dicks Sporting Goods, A blue Minny jersey, that looks almost identical to the T-Wolves unis. 2 Liberty unis (Black and Seafoam which has EQUALITY across the front) A blue 'Rise' uniform for Washington (with Delle Donne higphenated) and a horrendous Dallas uniform with an ugly military green.



_________________
HERE 2 STAY!
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin