RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2021 Rebkell Fantasy WNBA Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/09/21 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Green cards are “for sure 1st rounders”? And then less likely from right to left? I’d love to know for sure. I see Katie Lou Samuelson was not in green (not yet, anyway Confused ), but someone like Sam Fuehring was...

I think it's 1s in white, 2s in yellow, 3s in the orangey-pink etc. with the best players (or highest likely draft position) at the top of each category.

PostPosted: 04/09/21 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ll go with Kiana Williams.

PostPosted: 04/09/21 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
I’ll go with Kiana Williams.

Surprised Excellent!! The Chicago Sky have selected Kiana Williams #8 overall!

lynxmania & the Minnesota Lynx are now on the clock!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 04/09/21 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We were not expecting this and were considering a deferral pick here BUT.... we will select Dana Evans from Louisville!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/09/21 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
We were not expecting this and were considering a deferral pick here BUT.... we will select Dana Evans from Louisville!

Exclamation The Minnesota Lynx have selected Dana Evans #9 overall!

Kuier, Collier, Davis, Guirantes, Dungee, Mack, McDonald, Williams, and Evans are now off the board!

okstateguy & the LA Sparks are now on the clock!

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/09/21 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Green cards are “for sure 1st rounders”? And then less likely from right to left? I’d love to know for sure. I see Katie Lou Samuelson was not in green (not yet, anyway Confused ), but someone like Sam Fuehring was...

I think it's 1s in white, 2s in yellow, 3s in the orangey-pink etc. with the best players (or highest likely draft position) at the top of each category.

Yes, I believe that's correct. To complete the picture, here are the rest of the cards covering the 4s and 5s from 2019.

It's interesting to see how Thibault classified these players. Napheesa Collier and Jessica Shepard were 4s, Ezi Magbegor a 5, Chloe Jackson and Paris Kea were listed as 2s.

PostPosted: 04/09/21 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Yes, I believe that's correct.

Oh, doy! That makes way more sense. Laughing I wonder how exactly these subcategories are organized – maybe top o’ the left column down, continuing with top o’ the right down for each color? Though I see in the 5s, he had Anigwe above McCowan – is that his opinion on who’s better, or who he thought would go first? Super interesting lol.

okstateguy

PostPosted: 04/09/21 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks have good post depth, lots of small guards, and look pretty thin on the wing, so I will take:

Michaela Onyenwere

PostPosted: 04/09/21 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
Sparks have good post depth, lots of small guards, and look pretty thin on the wing, so I will take:

Michaela Onyenwere

Surprised Interesting.............

Annnnnnnywho, the LA Sparks have picked Michaela Onyenwere!

And guess what,

the pick is in for THE Seattle Storm.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/09/21 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the #11 Pick in the Draft, the Seattle Storm have selected DiJonai Carrington out of Baylor!

Admiral_Needa & the Las Vegas Aces are now on the clock to close out the 1st Round!

Here is a link back to the Draft Board in case anyone needs it.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/09/21 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the 12th Pick, Admiral and the Las Vegas Aces Select... Jasmine Walker CoolMr. Green

There were 3 players who I liked at the end of this year's draft, and I figured at least one would drop.. and she did Exclamation Las Vegas really has no needs other than insurance for injuries and load management, along with experimenting with new rotation combinations. Last year The Aces needed more 3-pt shooting, but I believe that hole has been addressed by the return of Kelsey Plum, and the addition of Chelsea Gray and Riquna Williams. Angel can shoot the 3 as well. Idea

But why stop there? Shocked Since the Aces really don't have any weaknesses, why not make your strengths stronger? With Walker, she's a 6'3" athletic forward who shot ~40% from 3 with high attempts last year, in addition to putting up good rebounding numbers. She could easily slide into Laimbeer's rotation as a 3 and D player, subbing in for either forward positions depending on the matchup.

Las Vegas Doesn't Need Another Hero. They have enough. But they could use Captain Walker.. Twisted Evil Razz

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gcm-tOGiva0?start=207" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nFnlraWRPDI?start=209" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      Good luck Jasmine! Catch the wind! Smile

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/09/21 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree. Walker would be a great pick for Vegas at this point.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/09/21 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay! The first round is officially over with!

The Aces have taken Jasmine Walker at #12!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/09/21 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The video links really add to the ‘thematics’ of ending the 1st round. Very Happy

And the next pick is already in!

With the 13th Pick, the Wings select Chelsey Perry out of Tennessee-Martin!

Admiral_Needa & the Aces are back on the clock!

Last edited by Stormeo on 04/10/21 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milks26

PostPosted: 04/09/21 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good pick at the 12th spot Admiral. Walker would fit in nicely with the Aces or Storm (even Atl - although. I don't see her going that high) but, any team that has establish players whom she can learn from and just contribute off the bench

PostPosted: 04/09/21 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This draft is so bad y'all might not have noticed if I had tried to sabotage the Sparks

PostPosted: 04/09/21 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the 14th Pick, Admiral and the Las Vegas Aces Select... Iliana Rupert CoolMr. Green

What else do you get for a team that essentially has no needs? A promising, talented, 6'4" 19-yr old F-C who may not show up due to National Team commitments! Exclamation The Aces effectively get to bank high-level talent for the future without taking up a roster spot.

Even at 19, Rupert shows good offensive touch down low, in addition to nice quickness, mobility and athleticism. If she shows up earlier than expected, she can provide nice scoring off the bench while developing the rest of her game, and Laimbeer is good at developing bigs. Idea

They've already brought Paris to Las Vegas... Why not Iliana Las Vegas? Twisted EvilRazz

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LyzzO-RJmsY?start=13" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

</iframe> <iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/15dUFNN0qLE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      A toi Iliana, Bonne chance mon ami! Smile

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/10/21 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow!! I was not expecting that pick! Razz

So Las Vegas opts to take one of The Teens with the 14th Pick, taking Iliana Rupert.

That means hoopmom and the Dream are back on the clock!

hoopmom

PostPosted: 04/10/21 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aaliyah Wilson

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/10/21 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream have selected Aaliyah Wilson out of Texas A&M!

mavcarter and the Chicago Sky are back on the clock!

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/10/21 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unique Thompson.

PostPosted: 04/10/21 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago has selected Unique Thompson with the 16th Pick!

root_thing & New York are back on the clock!

CompSci87

PostPosted: 04/10/21 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is fun! I didn't notice it was happening until now. Time to go pop some popcorn.

Well, actually in my time zone on a Saturday, it's time to get out of bed and have some breakfast. But it's the thought that counts.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/10/21 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the 17th pick of the 2021 WNBA Draft, the New York Liberty select guard Kysre Gondrezick of West Virginia.

PostPosted: 04/10/21 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:
This is fun! I didn't notice it was happening until now. Time to go pop some popcorn.

Well, actually in my time zone on a Saturday, it's time to get out of bed and have some breakfast. But it's the thought that counts.

Hey, as an adult, I’ve found that it is never too early in the day to consume foods such as popcorn & ice cream. Razz Starting off with something fun!

Anywho, the Liberty have now picked, and the pick is in for the Storm!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: