Board Junkies Forums

2021 Rebkell Fantasy WNBA Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/08/21 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Washington stands ready to watch other teams make their picks.

just go back to napping...

I finished my nap. I've moved on to watching paint dry.

PostPosted: 04/08/21 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo , Check PM's after deliberation with DFdub i have sent my pick for #5 and hopefully 7 as well . Weekends are roughest for me as I'm not near a PC to avoid thinking of work .I sometimes check from my phone but there's no guarantee so I'm sending our picks in advance. #13 Should not occur at this rate till Sunday and i normally check the site then.

PostPosted: 04/08/21 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo , Check PM's after deliberation with DFdub i have sent my pick for #5 and hopefully 7 as well . Weekends are roughest for me as I'm not near a PC to avoid thinking of work .I sometimes check from my phone but there's no guarantee so I'm sending our picks in advance. #13 Should not occur at this rate till Sunday and i normally check the site then.

Sounds good! Got your PM, thanks for letting me know!

For those wondering, hoopmom has about 7 hours left to make a pick before I choose for Atlanta.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/08/21 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMHO 12 hours is waaaaaay too generous. At this rate, the real draft will be done before we are.

PostPosted: 04/08/21 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
IMHO 12 hours is waaaaaay too generous. At this rate, the real draft will be done before we are.

I will absolutely consider cutting it down as we move further down the Draft in the less important spots. Since we’re not even past the Top 2 though, I really want to give people (at least through the 1st round) leeway to make the Big Moves – especially before the weekend since I know more members than not have more important things to do than be a part-time Reb’s participator their whole day. Laughing

PSA to GMs: It is okay to drop out now if you think you can’t handle the commitment (or the potential side comments about you being late!); other more dedicated members can and will step in to get/keep the ball rollin’.

But yes, we will be moving the show along tonight regardless, so @bbsamjj be ready to pick tonight/tomorrow morning, or PM me a couple options in advance! Otherwise at the very least, the 12-hour thing will apply overnight, and I may be making another (Lottery) pick tomorrow.

Last edited by Stormeo on 04/08/21 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Queenie

PostPosted: 04/08/21 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
myrtle wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Washington stands ready to watch other teams make their picks.

just go back to napping...

If you're gonna VGM Washington, can we at least see your take on their cap situation with Clark's injury and Meesseman's overseas obligations?

PostPosted: 04/08/21 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

For those wondering, hoopmom has about 7 hours left to make a pick before I choose for Atlanta.

just in case hoopmom doesn't show, maybe randy or pilight could give you input since they are actually Atlanta fans.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/08/21 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

just in case hoopmom doesn't show, maybe randy or pilight could give you input since they are actually Atlanta fans.

I have a couple different options in mind already, but, either one could even simply make the pick themselves by letting me know (or just being on time lol) if/when the time comes...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/08/21 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I have a couple different options in mind already, but, either one could even simply make the pick themselves by letting me know (or just being on time lol) if/when the time comes...

Dont leave out Silky !!! #HateHardApproved

PostPosted: 04/08/21 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rennia Davis

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/08/21 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopmom wrote:
Rennia Davis

Atlanta has selected Rennia Davis #3 overall!

bbsamjj & the Indiana Fever are now on the clock!

bbsamjj

PostPosted: 04/08/21 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta stole my pick!

My analysis: Indiana needs help everywhere, but I'm not convinced that anyone left in this draft is necessarily better than what they already have.

While I'm torn, I'm going with Arella Guirantes to play some 2/3 for the team.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/08/21 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bbsamjj wrote:
Atlanta stole my pick!

My analysis: Indiana needs help everywhere, but I'm not convinced that anyone left in this draft is necessarily better than what they already have.

While I'm torn, I'm going with Arella Guirantes to play some 2/3 for the team.

Surprised Will Atlanta steal Indiana's pick irl? Hmm............ Wink

So Indiana selects Arella Guirantes #4 overall!

And the pick is already in for #5. 😏

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/08/21 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the 5th Pick, the Dallas Wings have selected Chelsea Dungee out of Arkansas!

Kuier, Collier, Davis, Guirantes, and Dungee are now off the board.

Someone tell root_thing to take a break from napping/paint-watching! root & the New York Liberty are now on the clock!

Last edited by Stormeo on 04/08/21 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/08/21 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I plan to use my full 12-hour allotment.

PostPosted: 04/08/21 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I plan to use my full 12-hour allotment.

Razz That's fine, if you're even one minute beyond that, I can be awake at 5:50 AM PT to make a pick if I must. Wink

Also everyone: please note Jenna Staiti and Que Morrison out of Georgia have irl both recently announced they're going back to school and thus are rescinding their entries into the Draft! If you pick them, your pick will be voided!

Last edited by Stormeo on 04/08/21 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/08/21 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lucky for you my watch is fast.

New York selects Natasha Mack.

PostPosted: 04/08/21 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Razz Razz Razz

Very good!

And suddenly we have a barrage of picks!

With the 7th Pick in the Draft, the Dallas Wings have selected Aari McDonald out of Arizona!

Kuier, Collier, Davis, Guirantes, Dungee, Mack, and McDonald are now off the board!

mavcarter & the Chicago Sky are now on the clock!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/08/21 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
With the 5th Pick, the Dallas Wings have selected Chelsea Dungee out of Arkansas!

Kuier, Collier, Davis, Guirantes, and Dungee are now off the board.

Someone tell root_thing to take a break from napping/paint-watching! root & the New York Liberty are now on the clock!

I'm sooooo loving this exercise!!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/08/21 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

You really should consider doing comedy because you be saying some funny sh@t!!!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/08/21 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welp, looks like I'll be setting my alarm clock anyway for an early wake-up call. Razz Dang, I was super interested to see what direction mavcarter (or Rock Hard, or any other Sky fan cuz it's not too late lmao) would go with this pick... but, the show must go on!

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/08/21 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
root_thing wrote:

You really should consider doing comedy because you be saying some funny sh@t!!!

I really want a peak at his whiteboard in the Washington draft war room. Maybe he has a list of potential camp invites.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/08/21 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I really want a peak at his whiteboard in the Washington draft war room. Maybe he has a list of potential camp invites.

It was Trudi Lacey who used the whiteboard. When last seen two years ago, Mike Thibault used index cards.

Thibault likes Eastern mid-major types. I can see him going after someone like Selena Lott if she's not drafted. I'm really surprised that Mia Davis of Temple did not opt-in. She would've been another one.

PostPosted: 04/09/21 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Green cards are “for sure 1st rounders”? And then less likely from right to left? I’d love to know for sure. I see Katie Lou Samuelson was not in green (not yet, anyway Confused ), but someone like Sam Fuehring was...

Queenie wrote:
root_thing wrote:

If you're gonna VGM Washington, can we at least see your take on their cap situation with Clark's injury and Meesseman's overseas obligations?

While you’re here, root, any thoughts about this? While we’re in another intermission? Razz

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/09/21 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Green cards are “for sure 1st rounders”? And then less likely from right to left? I’d love to know for sure. I see Katie Lou Samuelson was not in green (not yet, anyway Confused ), but someone like Sam Fuehring was...

Queenie wrote:
root_thing wrote:

While you’re here, root, any thoughts about this? While we’re in another intermission? Razz

Didn't Washington sign Zellous to replace Clark? It's only a training camp contract, but I would think Shavonte has a good chance of making the team. Clark was injured overseas. I don't think the Mystics are obligated to pay her, although they might do something to maintain good relations. They can suspend Alysha to get her off the cap and roster, but make up for some of that pay with marketing money. Hey, Washington DC is full of ambassadors! Wink I also expect to see the big line-up with Hines-Allen at SF.

Meesseman said she's not coming over until after the Olympics. Since Emma is not under contract, they don't have to worry about her cap hit until she signs. By then, the partial year charge should be manageable.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: