RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NaLyssa Smith wins Wade Trophy. WBCA All-American Team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/03/21 10:03 am    ::: NaLyssa Smith wins Wade Trophy. WBCA All-American Team. Reply Reply with quote

https://wbca.org/about/press-releases/wade-trophy-winner-nalyssa-smith-baylor-headlines-2021-wbca-ncaa-division-i

Quote:
This is the first team since 2011 on which no institution placed more than one player.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/03/21 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad to see Smith win an award. Some of the HM honorees are new names to me!

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/03/21 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes congrats to Smith. She was sensational this year, and really fun to watch.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/03/21 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm surprised to see Dungee get the nod over Owusu, considering Owusu beat her for the Ann Meyers award.

PostPosted: 04/03/21 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
I'm surprised to see Dungee get the nod over Owusu, considering Owusu beat her for the Ann Meyers award.

I thought it pretty weird Owusu was called a shooting guard for that award. She's clearly their PG.
But anyway, different judges see things differently.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/03/21 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She’s my #2 pick in the 2022 draft, but she could easily work her way up to the #1 pick, or fall a couple spots depending how it goes next year.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/03/21 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
She’s my #2 pick in the 2022 draft, but she could easily work her way up to the #1 pick, or fall a couple spots depending how it goes next year.

Owusu? She's clearly very talented, but I don't think she can play in the W, especially at the guard position, if she continues to carry the extra 40 pounds or so.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/03/21 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:

Owusu? She's clearly very talented, but I don't think she can play in the W, especially at the guard position, if she continues to carry the extra 40 pounds or so.

I can't understand why Brenda doesn't have her in the pool or something. She was even heavier this year than last, and slower.

PostPosted: 04/03/21 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:

I can't understand why Brenda doesn't have her in the pool or something. She was even heavier this year than last, and slower.

Maybe Brenda's afraid she'll transfer if asked to do that. I think that is now a real threat hanging over every coach's head.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/03/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:

I thought Shades was referring to NaLyssa Smith as the potential #2 pick, not Owusu.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/03/21 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:

I thought Shades was referring to NaLyssa Smith as the potential #2 pick, not Owusu.

Yes, NaLyssa Smith, the original subject of thread. Owusu would be in the 2023 draft. I’d have Boston, early entry Bueckers, and Diamond Miller, and possibly others ahead of Owusu. Haven’t looked into 2023 too much. I do think Owusu would have a great shot at being a WNBA player. She’s a physical beast.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/04/21 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

2022 has so many ballers it’s too early to tell.

Howard
Austin
N. Smith
Is Owusu eligible?
Diamond Miller
Christyn Williams
Sedona Prince
Cuanane
Haley jones eligible?
Egbo
Burrell
Henderson
And I’m sure I’m missing some other big time juniors and eligible sophomores. 2022 = #GamechangingClass

PostPosted: 04/04/21 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Embarassed sorry to go off-track there.
yes. I think Smith will be one of the top picks. She has the 'not quite tall enough' syndrome but sure does a lot with what she's got.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/04/21 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Howard
Austin
N. Smith
Is Owusu eligible?
Diamond Miller
Christyn Williams
Sedona Prince
Cuanane
Haley jones eligible?
Egbo
Burrell
Henderson
And I’m sure I’m missing some other big time juniors and eligible sophomores. 2022 = #GamechangingClass

you made a bigger list over here http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=98749 with some feedback.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/05/21 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Howard
Austin
N. Smith
Is Owusu eligible?
Diamond Miller
Christyn Williams
Sedona Prince
Cuanane
Haley jones eligible?
Egbo
Burrell
Henderson

you made a bigger list over here http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=98749 with some feedback.

Thanks Myrtle Smile Cool

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: