RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pac-12 2021-2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taropatch

PostPosted: 04/19/21 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
When I open this thread (and only this thread) all text is formatted differently and makes it hard to read. If a poster is quoting a previous text, that text is offset and 8 have to scroll over to the right to read the entire post. It’s only about n this thread that this is happening.

Same problem here (Edge and Chrome). Logging in to the forum makes it go away for some reason. Very strange as its only this thread which may have a strange character on the page that makes certain computers go wacky.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/19/21 11:02 pm    ::: Re: Pac-12 2021-2022 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
A Utah commit from Minnesota, Gianna Kneepkens, scored 67 pts in her last high school game, a Minnesota high school record.

This kid's gonna be a UTE??? Shocked Where's Lindsay's recruiting skills? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/19/21 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Oregon: With presumably a tighter rotation, Oregon should be able to at least compete for the top spot next season.

ucbart wrote:
I think Oregon could win the Pac-12 next year.

From your lips to God's Ear, please. Very Happy

With that last dynamite recruiting class now sophomores, one hopes this past season of ups 'n downs will have served to make them a more cohesively integrated unit with the remaining upperclassmen, i.e., there'll be some tangible chemistry.

Who knows what they'll be by January, but their potential is significant. Cool

I'm REALLY curious to see how Campbell's absence might impact this team, too.

PostPosted: 04/20/21 9:05 am    ::: Re: Pac-12 2021-2022 Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Shades wrote:
A Utah commit from Minnesota, Gianna Kneepkens, scored 67 pts in her last high school game, a Minnesota high school record.

This kid's gonna be a UTE??? Shocked Where's Lindsay's recruiting skills? Rolling Eyes

The competition was extremely weak. In that same game, a seventh grader scored 34. Kneepkens is maybe a top ten player in the state ...

PostPosted: 04/20/21 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
When I open this thread (and only this thread) all text is formatted differently and makes it hard to read. If a poster is quoting a previous text, that text is offset and 8 have to scroll over to the right to read the entire post. It’s only about n this thread that this is happening.

Yeah, I have to do the same. It goes pretty far to the right. I usually only use Chrome.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/20/21 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Yeah, I have to do the same. It goes pretty far to the right. I usually only use Chrome.

I have that happen a lot, usually when someone has the burning need to embed video in a thread. Maybe it's because there are a lot of videos? IDK.

(now with spelling variations)
Howee

PostPosted: 04/20/21 9:00 pm    ::: Re: Pac-12 2021-2022 Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Howee wrote:
Shades wrote:

The competition was extremely weak. In that same game, a seventh grader scored 34. Kneepkens is maybe a top ten player in the state ...

Ummm....maybe we didn't understand each other: I was saying, "That's a heckuva player to be siphoned off to Utah", and "Why isn't LIndsay Whalen getting kids like this to be Gophers?" Is that what you meant, too? Shocked

PostPosted: 04/21/21 9:55 am    ::: Re: Pac-12 2021-2022 Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Howee wrote:
Shades wrote:

Ummm....maybe we didn't understand each other: I was saying, "That's a heckuva player to be siphoned off to Utah", and "Why isn't LIndsay Whalen getting kids like this to be Gophers?" Is that what you meant, too? Shocked

What I meant was that the girl doesn't appear to be destined for P5 stardom, and in fact, may never even be a starter at the P5 level. So Whalen probably didn't miss much by not signing her ...

Of course she could turn out to be a star, but those who've seen her think it's unlikely.

PostPosted: 04/21/21 10:01 am    ::: Re: Pac-12 2021-2022 Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Howee wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Howee wrote:
Shades wrote:

What I meant was that the girl doesn't appear to be destined for P5 stardom, and in fact, may never even be a starter at the P5 level. So Whalen probably didn't miss much by not signing her ...

Of course she could turn out to be a star, but those who've seen her think it's unlikely.

Yeah, I s'pose if she was All That, she'd have gotten more offers from stronger programs.

PostPosted: 04/21/21 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some more movement in the Big Ten:

Tamara Farquhar grad transferring from Purdue to Michigan State. Good defender and rebounder.

https://msuspartans.com/news/2021/4/20/w-basketball-msu-womens-basketball-adds-tamara-farquhar-to-2021-22-roster.aspx

Grad student Johnasia Cash entering the transfer portal out of Penn State after just transferring in last season from SMU. She was an impactful player for PSU last season which was their best season in recent years.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1384496260724531206

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/21/21 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Tamara Farquhar grad transferring from Purdue to Michigan State. Good defender and rebounder.

https://msuspartans.com/news/2021/4/20/w-basketball-msu-womens-basketball-adds-tamara-farquhar-to-2021-22-roster.aspx

Grad student Johnasia Cash entering the transfer portal out of Penn State after just transferring in last season from SMU. She was an impactful player for PSU last season which was their best season in recent years.

wrong thread?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/21/21 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

wrong thread?

Yikes, I'm sorry! Meant this for the transfer thread.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/21/21 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not quite ready for a Big 10-Pac 12 merger, but at least I get the Big 10 network. Laughing Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 04/23/21 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gHD5KHGuus0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/10/21 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya Nnaji out of Hopkins HS (MN) commits to Arizona for 22-23.

https://wbbblog.com/maya-nnaji/

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 05/10/21 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

She's the 12th Top-25 player to commit from 2022, and the second to choose Arizona along with Kailyn Gilbert. Something tells me Adia sin't done.

PostPosted: 05/10/21 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Nnaji is going to be goooooooooooood! She very much stuck out to me when I would watch Paige's HS games-and she was only a sophomore at the time.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/10/21 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

she had an offer from Stanford so we were hoping... Crying or Very sad

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 05/10/21 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Why would you need her? There are only so many minutes.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
myrtle wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Why would you need her? There are only so many minutes.

The ranks will be thinning out. Belibi and Prechtal will be seniors; Brink a junior. Yeah we have Betts coming in but Nnaji would have made a great 4 year running mate for Betts. Always need new good players. But if she didn't choose Stanford, I'm happy for Adia and Arizona.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 05/11/21 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Belibi and Prechtal will be seniors;

Unless she's on a 3-year program, Fran should be a junior this coming season.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Belibi and Prechtal will be seniors;

Unless she's on a 3-year program, Fran should be a junior this coming season.

Yes, but Nnaji won't be in college until 22-23. And I agree, I'm just happy that the Pac-12 is recruiting so well right now. Definitely a change in the wind from how it was in the early 2000s when I started with the sport.

But as for Stanford, Betts will have 3 years to play with the likes of McD's All-Americans Brooke Demetre and Kiki Iriafen, and Eleni Bosgana who is already a contributor on the Greek national team, plus whoever gets recruited with and behind her. I think the Cardinal will be juuuust fine.

PostPosted: 05/11/21 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dugalic transferring to UCLA from Oregon.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 05/12/21 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Dugalic transferring to UCLA from Oregon.

Happy she's staying in the PAC. Huge get for the Bruins. She and Bessoir are going to be a fantastic post duo.

PostPosted: 05/12/21 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ducks pick up GT Taylor Hosendove out of Georgia State. A 6’0 wing who averaged 12.5 ppg and 8.8 rpg. Started career at Clemson. Prepped in Georgia.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: