RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Australian Opals 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/16/21 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess Behemoth cant use focusing on Aussie preparations anymore when she decides to skip a WNBA season Laughing

PostPosted: 07/16/21 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't the boorish behavior of all jerks/assholes an offshoot of some type of mental/emotional issue?

I hope she gets the help she needs.

RP

PostPosted: 07/16/21 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Feeble attempt by Cambage to control the narrative, that is all.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/16/21 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:

It's the "You can't fire me, I quit" plan

I wonder if she'll even be back with the Aces after the break

PostPosted: 07/16/21 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Riiiiiight...

It seems pretty transparent, just based on the comments in this thread alone, how many people actually believe in what they say about mental health, and how many people are just paying lip service.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
justintyme

PostPosted: 07/16/21 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Riiiiiight...

It seems pretty transparent, just based on the comments in this thread alone, how many people actually believe in what they say about mental health, and how many people are just paying lip service.

My thoughts exactly.

PostPosted: 07/16/21 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People just love deciding other posters' motives and assuming the worst about them, don't they? That's great.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/16/21 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
People just love deciding other posters' motives and assuming the worst about them, don't they? That's great.

Almost as much as we love doing so with players Laughing

PostPosted: 07/16/21 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Almost as much as we love doing so with players Laughing

Touche.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/16/21 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Milks26 wrote:
Mental health is a serious thing and many Wubblities have stated that they are happy to put 2020 behind them.....but this girl is something else. If you've been so distressed for over a month - you coulda been said.....

WNBA 09 wrote:
Guess Behemoth cant use focusing on Aussie preparations anymore when she decides to skip a WNBA season :lol:

huskiemaniac wrote:
Isn't the boorish behavior of all jerks/assholes an offshoot of some type of mental/emotional issue?

I hope she gets the help she needs.

RP wrote:

I didn't have to "assume" a god damned thing. These people were super-transparent about where they stand.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/16/21 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

I didn't have to "assume" a god damned thing. These people were super-transparent about where they stand.

Says you.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/16/21 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're fucking right, "says me." You call somebody a "Behemoth," you call somebody a "jerk," you accuse somebody of trying to "control the narrative," you're not being subtle. There's no fucking alternative interpretation of those remarks.

RP

PostPosted: 07/16/21 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like Cambage and her actions immediately preceding her decision to withdraw, that comment I made was a reflection of my mental health at the time and therefore I cannot be held accountable for it.

Last edited by RP on 07/16/21 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 07/16/21 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given her history of flakiness and always being involved in some sort of drama, why wouldn't people question her statement?? Seems pretty reasonable to me and not in an undermining mental health way.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/16/21 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
Given her history of flakiness and always being involved in some sort of drama, why wouldn't people question her statement?? Seems pretty reasonable to me and not in an undermining mental health way.

#Drama

This is just a roundabout way of saying, "I'll believe that you have mental health issues, if I like you. Otherwise, I'll assume you're faking for sympathy."

justintyme

PostPosted: 07/16/21 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mental health issues don't mean not holding someone accountable for their actions, but when someone has a well documented history of battling them, seeing some compassion and understanding would be nice.

But we (and I include myself in this) tend to be a lot more understanding with people we like, while those that rub us the wrong way get shit on.

And unfortunately, people who struggle with mental illness often end up in that latter category.

PostPosted: 07/16/21 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
You're fucking right, "says me." You call somebody a "Behemoth," you call somebody a "jerk," you accuse somebody of trying to "control the narrative," you're not being subtle. There's no fucking alternative interpretation of those remarks.

Don't you refer to Cambage as Gojira?

Shades

PostPosted: 07/16/21 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

That’s on the same level as mini Miller calling her 300 lbs.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
TigerVol

PostPosted: 07/16/21 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:

#Drama

This is just a roundabout way of saying, "I'll believe that you have mental health issues, if I like you. Otherwise, I'll assume you're faking for sympathy."

There is no cut and dry here so people will evaluate based on their experience and perceptions.

It is possible for a person to be a jerk or selfish or drama filled with no mental health issues.

It is possible or a person to be a jerk or selfish or drama filled apart from their mental health issues.

It is possible for a person's jerkiness or selfishness or drama to be fueled by mental health issues.

When behavior - even repeated - seems out of character I think people are more empathetic. We should be where mental health is concerned. But that doesn't mean someone with mental health issues gets a free pass on all behavior.

I don't doubt the thought of the bubble created great anxiety... Can see how it would. Can also see she wouldn't want to take anxiety meds to get through it if she doesn't do that in a daily basis.

I also don't think every physical or verbal aggression over the years has been fueled by her mental health issues.

I suspect it is the timing that raises the question for most people.

I think Liz is a diva. I think Liz has very real mental health struggles.

Sounds like this was the right decision for her and probably the team however it came to pass.

PostPosted: 07/16/21 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Mental health issues don't mean not holding someone accountable for their actions, but when someone has a well documented history of battling them, seeing some compassion and understanding would be nice.

But we (and I include myself in this) tend to be a lot more understanding with people we like, while those that rub us the wrong way get shit on.

And unfortunately, people who struggle with mental illness often end up in that latter category.

That is human, and completely understandable. My grievance is with people who do that while also pretending to hid behind a shield of impartiality. At least I'm honest enough to say, on the front end, "I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt, because I don't like you." A lot of people here do the same thing, but then act like they're being fair.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/16/21 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

First of all, I love bigs. I love kaiju. Dominant bigs are like kaiju, therefore giving a dominant big a nickname for a kaiju is not an insult, it's an honorific. There is no kaiju named "Behemoth," and the track record of the person calling Cambage "Behemoth" reveals that they were using the term as an insult.

Second of all, I do not refer to Cambage as Gojira. I refer to Fowles as Gojira. Why? Because (a) she's a dominant big, who should be honored as such, and (b) I think that "Big Syl" is a stupid nickname, and that she deserves a better one. I happen to think that "Gojira" is a way better nickname for Fowles, and it's more imaginative, besides: Gojira = Godzilla = God-Syl-la. That's better than "Big Syl," or "Smooth," by several orders of magnitude.

Cambage is Gamera, because she's big, strong, and dominant, and can fly (read: dunk). Griner is Mothra, because of her giant wingspan, and because she can also fly.

Davis4632

Any word who was the player that Cambage got into an altercation with?

Silky Johnson

Shades wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

That’s on the same level as mini Miller calling her 300 lbs.

I'mma need you to show your work on that one, chief.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/16/21 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:
There is no cut and dry here so people will evaluate based on their experience and perceptions.

It is possible for a person to be a jerk or selfish or drama filled with no mental health issues.

It is possible or a person to be a jerk or selfish or drama filled apart from their mental health issues.

It is possible for a person's jerkiness or selfishness or drama to be fueled by mental health issues.

When behavior - even repeated - seems out of character I think people are more empathetic. We should be where mental health is concerned. But that doesn't mean someone with mental health issues gets a free pass on all behavior.

I don't dispute whether Cambage is a diva, selfish, or even a "jerk" (although I wouldn't characterize her as such). To the contrary, Cambage's personality is in the Top Two list of reasons why I like her so much (and it's not Number Two). I am of the personal opinion that women's basketball, in general, and the WNBA, in particular, would be more interesting if there were more players like Cambage. My issue, and my favorite podcaster crystalized this point for me, years ago, most people's empathy only goes as far as, "Do I like this person, or not?" Which, in and of itself, is not something that I object to because, as I said, we're human, and most of us are not "pure" empaths. It becomes problematic for me when people talk cash shit about being empathetic, until it's someone they don't like; then all the rationalizations come out, for why this person who says that they're going through something, isn't really going through something.

My whole #HateHard thing might seem like a stupid message board gimmick, but at least I've never tried to deceive anybody about an perceived lack of bias.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/16/21 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage just posted a story on instagram. Calling out the lies about her going out in Vegas. She says that she has been in her room the whole week except for the ASG. And that these kind of bubbles dont help her mental state.
She says she had an fysical and verbal with a player from Nigeria and that its all on camera.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: