RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bulls Trading?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missjoy28

PostPosted: 12/29/05 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arrghhhhhh, we lost to the dam Bobcats again. Evil or Very Mad

Hey Deng is our leading scorer. Can't trade him. At least his improving form last year. Gordon? Confused He's too small and he sure has been having a lot of trouble with ballhandling lately.

Curry scored 29 points but went out with another calf injury. Hoop and Streaks, we need to do something girls. I hate seeing my team lose games. Sad

PostPosted: 12/29/05 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

missjoy28 wrote:

Hey Deng is our leading scorer. Can't trade him. At least his improving form last year. Gordon? Confused He's too small and he sure has been having a lot of trouble with ballhandling lately.

Curry scored 29 points but went out with another calf injury. Hoop and Streaks, we need to do something girls. I hate seeing my team lose games. Sad

Im a guy Razz But I agree, something needs to happen. We look lethargic.

PostPosted: 12/29/05 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
missjoy28 wrote:

Im a guy Razz But I agree, something needs to happen. We look lethargic.

Unfortunately, I know Paxson said he has no intention of trading Gordon, so Deng might be the one. Idea

Even if CHI gets Peja for Deng, what CHI really needs is a Center. Curry made due last year so I was all for keeping him at that inflated salary that all Centers get, until the heart trouble appeared.. Confused

That said, no team is going to give up a good center in a trade, so why spin your wheels? CHI will just have to wait until the FA period or the maybe the trading deadline to get something. If certain things keep going as they are now, there will be a couple good bigs available. With that, I would just be happy that CHI still plays some exciting basketball yet will still likely get a high draft pick next year. Exclamation If you're not good enough to win the championship, I'd rather have a chance at the lottery picks than getting into the 1st round just to be bounced out. Confused

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/29/05 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very true. And we're a young team. We have plenty of years left to win titles. What big posts are in this years draft though? Any that could make an immediate impact?

PostPosted: 12/29/05 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cam, with regards to Tyson playing on the perimeter, he probably did say that when he was in high school -- back when people were saying he was the second coming of KG. That crazy-talk ended very quickly when it became painfully obvious that Tyson has no offense and no perimeter skills.

missjoy, Deng is our leading scorer, but I don't think that protects him from being traded -- I think it makes him more susceptible. I mean, think about the last few big trades the Bulls have made. When Jalen was traded, he was our leading scorer. As was Crawford and Curry. You could even throw Elton Brand onto that list. For some reason the Bulls always trade away their leading scorer...perhaps its because they have the most trade value, but clearly they should gravitate towards a different tactic because that hasn't worked (although trading Jalen and Jamal was definitely the right thing to do but we should have gotten back better talent for them).

And missjoy, I agree that it was tough watching the Bulls collapse in the 4th quarter last night against the Bobcats. They just kept turning the ball over like they suddenly forgot how to play basketball. It was really weird.

Admiral, its rare that teams give up good centers in trades, but it does happen. I mean damn, the Bulls gave up Curry for Marcus Fizer and a draft pick and the Hornets gave up Magloire for Desmond Mason. I agree with you that the Bulls should just sit tight with their players for right now and then do big things this off season with their draft picks and all of their salary cap money they've stockpiled.

Admiral_Needa wrote:
If you're not good enough to win the championship, I'd rather have a chance at the lottery picks than getting into the 1st round just to be bounced out.

I know that this is a popular view to have, but I really, really really disagree with it...especially with regards to a team like the Bulls. If a good team is just having a bad year, then yes, its probably ok for them to just pack it in and prepare for the lottery. But a playoff run for a team that has been crappy for years is immensly important. Last years playoff run did so much for the Bulls in simply changing the culture of losing that had been surrounding this team for 7 years. Also, if your team does well and makes the playoffs, its easier to attract free agents. Who wants to come to Chicago and play for a team that is 20-62? More people want to join a team that is, say, 47-35, because that team is on the brink of something. Teams don't go from lottery to championship in one year. You have to gradually build something over time. First and second round exits are a sign of progress and help a team mature and grow. Having a team full of lottery picks is not a good thing.

And lastly, Streaks, I have no idea about big man propects in the upcoming draft Very Happy

PostPosted: 12/29/05 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Very true. And we're a young team. We have plenty of years left to win titles. What big posts are in this years draft though? Any that could make an immediate impact?

Well when you draft posts, it's always a gamble, unless you're picking real high, then you can expect them to make an immediate impact. But to get in that high draft position, you have to have a combination of being really lucky and really bad. Razz I definitely don't think CHI will be the worst team in the league this season, so they'll have to depend more on the luck part. With that, I would focus on the FAs.. A lot of them will be only decent players, like Lorenzen Wright for example, but an upgrade nonetheless and besides, with centers, you can't be too picky.

I'm still holding out hope that that Tim Thomas contract can be turned into a star big contract player though... Hope that player doesn't come from any of my other favorite teams though Shocked Razz

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/29/05 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
I definitely don't think CHI will be the worst team in the league this season, so they'll have to depend more on the luck part.

They got an unprotected pick from the Knicks in the Curry trade, so they only need NY to be the worst team in the League. They don't have to do it themselves. If the season ended today they'd be tied for the second-largest number of ping-pong balls.

Chicago also got the option to swap First Round picks with NY the following year as well - I still say that Curry trade might not turn out too badly for the Bulls.

Although I wouldn't do it, I'd be more than happy for Deng to get traded - I'd own his jersey by now if it would have anything other than 'CHICAGO' or 'BULLS' on the front.

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/31/05 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I looked up the top prospects for this years draft and here are some posts that I found that were ranked high:

Josh Boone, PF, Connecticut
LaMarcus Aldridge, PF/C, Texas
Shelden Williams, PF, Duke
Taj Gray, PF, Oklahoma
Eric Williams, PF, Wake Forest
Paul Davis, PF, Michigan St.
D.J. White, PF, Indiana
Pops Mensah-Bonsu, PF, George Washington
Glen Davis, PF, LSU
Nick Fazekas, PF/C, Nevada
Jason Fraser, PF, Villanova
Hilton Armstrong, PF, Connecticut
Torin Francis, PF, Notre Dame
Craig Smith, SF/PF, Boston College
Matt Haryasz, PF, Stanford
J.P. Batista, PF, Gonzaga
Vernon Goodridge, PF, Mississippi St.
Mohammed Kone, C, Southern Idaho
Leon Powe, PF, California
Alex Loughton, PF, Old Dominion
Courtney Sims, C, Michigan
James Augustine, PF, Illinois

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: