RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

#8 South Florida vs #1 North Carolina St - 3/23/21

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 56426



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 12:33 am    ::: #8 South Florida vs #1 North Carolina St - 3/23/21 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament Second Round
Mercado Region
San Antonio, TX - 3:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Jenn Hildreth, Kelly Gramlich)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/3e965483-cf3f-48f3-bcfe-249061500dbc#bucketId=1 (tvpli)

Live stats:
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401311270

https://www.ncaa.com/game/5799530



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 724
Location: midwest/indiana/iowa


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Talking heads on TV say that Kayla Jones is unlikely to play for NC State today due to a knee injury sustained during the first round game. Jada Boyd is starting.


blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 4004
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crutchfield looks so much like Tweety Nolan in some angles.


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 2623
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Talking heads on TV say that Kayla Jones is unlikely to play for NC State today due to a knee injury sustained during the first round game. Jada Boyd is starting.


And they are talkers, too... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 28306



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Talking heads on TV say that Kayla Jones is unlikely to play for NC State today due to a knee injury sustained during the first round game. Jada Boyd is starting.


And they are talkers, too... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


Yeah, all about the ACC. And very little about the game in progress. Yakkity Yakkity Yak.


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 2623
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Talking heads on TV say that Kayla Jones is unlikely to play for NC State today due to a knee injury sustained during the first round game. Jada Boyd is starting.


And they are talkers, too... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


Yeah, all about the ACC. And very little about the game in progress. Yakkity Yakkity Yak.


Talking about the team managers & the logos midway through the first quarter signals to me that I'll potentially be much better off watching the other game in a few minutes...



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life


Last edited by Stormeo on 03/23/21 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 28306



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I used to like Cunane, but the more I've seen of her this year, the less that is. She ends up on the floor on just about every possession, whether an opponent is anywhere in the neighborhood or not.


undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 724
Location: midwest/indiana/iowa


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I used to like Cunane, but the more I've seen of her this year, the less that is. She ends up on the floor on just about every possession, whether an opponent is anywhere in the neighborhood or not.


Agree... she clear has potential but hasn't been at her best lately.


blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 4004
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Cunane even a first round draft pick next year?


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 2623
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Is Cunane even a first round draft pick next year?


Most teams at any given time could always use the depth at center...



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 2623
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Florida with the 36-35 lead at the half. This one could be a thrilling finish...



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 3950
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NC State advances 79-67.


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16097
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/23/21 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Is Cunane even a first round draft pick next year?


Most teams at any given time could always use the depth at center...


She's tall, she can be a pretty good defender, and she likes to shoot threes. Combine all of these with the fact that she's from the ACC and I would not be shocked to see New York reach for her.

(yes, I am still moderately confused as to why the ACC seemed to be the only conference we scouted in last year's draft)



_________________
"The plan is insane. You are insane… I'll need some pants."
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin