RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNIT games
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/19/21 11:10 am    ::: WNIT games Reply Reply with quote

So ASU is playing Rice this morning.
I giggled to see the score three minutes in as 0-0. Wish I could see some of these games but refuse to lose money to Flohoops.

Halfway thru the first period Chelsea Perry (er, UT Martin) leads Nebraska 12-6. Perry started her first game in a long time, so hopefully she's fully recovered from whatever issue kept her out.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/19/21 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nebraska roars back and only trails by one at end of Q1.

Meanwhile ASU-Rice in a tight 'defensive battle'. Laughing Laughing punctuated by horrific shooting on both sides. Rice takes the lead at the end of Q1 5-4.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/19/21 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nebraska turns on the gas and pulls handily away from UTMartin. They discovered double and tripling Perry should do it.

Arizona St still struggling with pesky Rice. 27-26 toward end of third quarter.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/19/21 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and ASU scores 5 points in the fourth quarter and Rice beats them conclusively. Will Charli's strategy of flinging players in and out willy nilly ever change? It has become more and more ineffective.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/19/21 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arizona State scored 36 points in a 40 minute game. They had 10 min quarters where they scored 4, 5 and 8 points. That would equate to 17 points in 30 mins. Purdue has had its' fair share of offensive ineptitude but that is really, really bad. I mean, that is less than 9 field goals in 30 minutes of game action.

That's rough.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/19/21 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dayton has looked solid all season and despite falling in semis of A10 I thought might be a Bubbly. But off to WnIT they went where Northern Iowa smashed them in round one.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/19/21 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rice takes the lead at the end of Q1 5-4.

Oh c'MON, Myrtle....you couldn't pay good money to see THAT!? Razz Laughing

Creighton leading BG university by a chunk at the moment; interesting to see how 2 very disparate w/l records matchup. (Cr: 9-11 leading BG: 20-6) Shocked Same kinda thing between UT Martin and NE.

PostPosted: 03/19/21 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Nebraska turns on the gas and pulls handily away from UTMartin. They discovered double and tripling Perry should do it.

Haiby didn’t have a great game offensively for the Huskers but she will need to get back on track for the train to keep rolling.

may_b

PostPosted: 03/19/21 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raoul shows 5 players from UT Martin in the transfer portal and none of them played today after 2 of them had been starting, so that...obviously didn't work out for them today

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/19/21 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Cavinders and Todorova lead a furious comeback as Fresno St. outscores Missouri by 13 in the 4th to win. 78-75. Now that's one I would have liked to see.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/19/21 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

may_b wrote:
Raoul shows 5 players from UT Martin in the transfer portal and none of them played today after 2 of them had been starting, so that...obviously didn't work out for them today

Young was a big part of their team this year. She's already committed to Utah. Seems weird to do it before the season ends.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/19/21 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colorado with the easy win over Louisiana. Sherrod still not playing so I assume she's done for the season. Too bad for the Buffs.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/19/21 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, is this it: ASU has never faced a defense as tough as Rice's in the Pac12 nor a center as talented as Nancy Mulkey?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/19/21 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still don't get the love for Nancy Mulkey. She is very tall, not aggressive, no muscle, doesn't move particularly well. Her moves seem to be limited to standing around the basket area and batting the ball away. Or sticking it in at the other end, which isn't too difficult when you're that tall. Compared to a center of similar height, EDD, at the same stage, she doesn't measure up.

Last edited by summertime blues on 03/19/21 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/19/21 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
So, is this it: ASU has never faced a defense as tough as Rice's in the Pac12 nor a center as talented as Nancy Mulkey?

ASU won very few games in the P12. The only one of note was that they beat Arizona in their rivalry game toward the end of the season. Otherwise they beat some of the other bottom dwellers and that was it.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/19/21 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Depaul loses to St. Louis. 74-72

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/19/21 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drake getting absolutely blown out. Hard to believe this team was 8 points away from being MVC conference tournament champs. Also hard to believe this team score 97 points against Iowa, 99 against Minnesota, and 80 against Texas back in December. Also Drake is pretty high in the NET...

Last edited by undersized_post on 03/19/21 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/19/21 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Depaul loses to St. Louis. 74-72

What a fitting end to a season that Depaul will want to quickly put behind them.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/19/21 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal Baptist tops New Mexico 90-85 for their first win over a top 150 NET team

PostPosted: 03/19/21 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal Baptist takes down New Mexico, 90-85. New Mexico had some key players with injuries in the game, one knee and one ankle.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/19/21 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Haiby didn’t have a great game offensively for the Huskers but she will need to get back on track for the train to keep rolling.

I think Nebraska has a shot of winning this tournament.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/19/21 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Cal Baptist tops New Mexico 90-85 for their first win over a top 150 NET team

Wow... I didn't realize their conference schedule was *that* easy.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/19/21 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Arizona State scored 36 points in a 40 minute game. They had 10 min quarters where they scored 4, 5 and 8 points. That would equate to 17 points in 30 mins. Purdue has had its' fair share of offensive ineptitude but that is really, really bad. I mean, that is less than 9 field goals in 30 minutes of game action.

That's rough.

myrtle wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

ASU won very few games in the P12. The only one of note was that they beat Arizona in their rivalry game toward the end of the season. Otherwise they beat some of the other bottom dwellers and that was it.

ASU might finally be approaching a crossroads with where they're at in comparison to the rest of the League. Having solid coaching, even despite having average to below-average talent, has kept them as a top-half team for damn near the past two decades. And now, the League is much more competitive, and their own in-state rival is passing them up in recruiting – and consequently, in the standings – while they're playing the same ole style with the same ole type of talent. (They have one 4-star recruit for next year per both HoopGurlz and ProspectsNation, and that's it.) They did have a young team this year, so they should be better than they were this year, but it's hard to say how much better they'll be next year compared to the rest of the League with the top-tier programs (other than Arizona, ironically) staying flush with talent.

Fun fact: Many know that Charli Turner Thorne was a Stanford grad, but I just learned while looking her up that she got her masters in education from Washington. Surprised Dark-horse candidate for the open job? ...I for one hope not; I've been tired of seeing poorly-run offense and these crappy wholesale substitutions that do nothing to improve it. Razz

pilight

PostPosted: 03/19/21 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

P5 teams went 5-2 in the first round

PostPosted: 03/20/21 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The entire galaxy is, of course, in unanimous support of the CBU Lancers. Rooting for anyone else is just . . . ungalactic.

These wonderwomen had 30 assists on 36 field goals, shot 54% overall and 11-28 from the arc, and outrebounded the top team in the MWC, New Mexico, 45-34. This with a starting lineup of 6-1, 6-1, 5-11, 5-9, 5-4.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FilW6TSrHBA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: