RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

covid protocols
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 04/01/21 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mulkey's comments are incredibly ignorant. But I'm not surprised by that fact either. She's always struck me as a great coach, but not the kind of person that will find herself in the running for humanitarian of the year either. Geno's follow up might not seem quite as bad but still rings the stupidity bell quite loudly.

It's simple. Until things are actually under control (something that I don't see actually happening until 2022 at the earliest because stupidity reigns in so many parts of the country and world), testing continues wherever it is necessary. PERIOD.
TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 04/01/21 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Mulkey's comments are incredibly ignorant. But I'm not surprised by that fact either. She's always struck me as a great coach, but not the kind of person that will find herself in the running for humanitarian of the year either. Geno's follow up might not seem quite as bad but still rings the stupidity bell quite loudly.

It's simple. Until things are actually under control (something that I don't see actually happening until 2022 at the earliest because stupidity reigns in so many parts of the country and world), testing continues wherever it is necessary. PERIOD.

You probably should have read Pilight’s link before you posted this. One of you was talking to medical experts and I’m pretty sure it was Kim

Shades

PostPosted: 04/01/21 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Ooooof I had to laugh when I saw that pic. And it reminded me of how Stormeo was joking she should be T'd up for having the mask below her mouth.

She definitely wasn’t the worst violator of masking protocol. That would be a different Kim.

But any masking protocol seemed pretty vague and unenforced anyway. Players don’t have to wear masks. Does that make sense? Coaches don’t need to wear the mask when they’re talking or yelling. Yelling projects the most virus.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/01/21 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Ooooof I had to laugh when I saw that pic. And it reminded me of how Stormeo was joking she should be T'd up for having the mask below her mouth.

She definitely wasn’t the worst violator of masking protocol. That would be a different Kim.

But any masking protocol seemed pretty vague and unenforced anyway. Players don’t have to wear masks. Does that make sense? Coaches don’t need to wear the mask when they’re talking or yelling. Yelling projects the most virus.

Yeah, absolutely none of it makes sense.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/02/21 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Shades wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Anyone know why the women's officials are wearing masks, but the men's officials aren't?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/02/21 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Shades wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Anyone know why the women's officials are wearing masks, but the men's officials aren't?

I've seen some wearing and some not, both in the men's as well as the women's tourneys. I have a feeling it's a personal preference for them.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/03/21 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kim Mulkey says the NCAA should stop testing

https://twitter.com/DanielVConnolly/status/1376710839416279041

Quote:
The exact quote:

"There's four teams left...they need to dump the COVID testing. Wouldn't it be a shame to keep COVID testing and then you got kids that end up positive tests and they don't get to play in the Final Four. You need to just forget the COVID tests."

Maybe she wants to talk to this man's family? He was at the UCLA/'Bama game in Indy on Sunday, 3/28/2021. Monday, 3/29/2021 he was hospitalized with COVID complications. Friday, 4/2/2021 he died.

Quote:
It is unclear whether he had contracted the virus before, during or after his visit to Indianapolis, or where he contracted the virus. It's also unknown whether he was symptomatic while in Indianapolis.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2021/04/03/ncaa-basketball-tournament-indiana-covid-marion-county-university-alabama-student-dies/7079265002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/05/21 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:
The exact quote:

"There's four teams left...they need to dump the COVID testing. Wouldn't it be a shame to keep COVID testing and then you got kids that end up positive tests and they don't get to play in the Final Four. You need to just forget the COVID tests."

Maybe she wants to talk to this man's family? He was at the UCLA/'Bama game in Indy on Sunday, 3/28/2021. Monday, 3/29/2021 he was hospitalized with COVID complications. Friday, 4/2/2021 he died.

Quote:
It is unclear whether he had contracted the virus before, during or after his visit to Indianapolis, or where he contracted the virus. It's also unknown whether he was symptomatic while in Indianapolis.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2021/04/03/ncaa-basketball-tournament-indiana-covid-marion-county-university-alabama-student-dies/7079265002/

There is so much that is premature in this story and article. Lots of conclusions being assumed way before anything has been truly investigated and looked into.

I am a middle-aged man and I was diagnosed with covid a few weeks ago (no clue how or where I got it, but whatever, that's beside the point). I had a few days of exhaustion and some major congestion, but came through it pretty well. My wife is a nurse and we have some very close friends that are doctors. They have all said, to a person, that this timeline is very suspect unless you are talking about an elderly person that has some serious medical issues already (diabetes, emphysema, etc).

My comments are strictly referring to this article and situation, not with Mulkey's comments about testing.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/05/21 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:
The exact quote:

Quote:

There is so much that is premature in this story and article. Lots of conclusions being assumed way before anything has been truly investigated and looked into.

I am a middle-aged man and I was diagnosed with covid a few weeks ago (no clue how or where I got it, but whatever, that's beside the point). I had a few days of exhaustion and some major congestion, but came through it pretty well. My wife is a nurse and we have some very close friends that are doctors. They have all said, to a person, that this timeline is very suspect unless you are talking about an elderly person that has some serious medical issues already (diabetes, emphysema, etc).

My comments are strictly referring to this article and situation, not with Mulkey's comments about testing.

The timeline is very unclear.

Quote:
Mr. Ratliff traveled to the men’s N.C.A.A. basketball tournament in Indianapolis to cheer on the Crimson Tide until they lost to U.C.L.A. last weekend. He had recently gone through rapid coronavirus testing multiple times, Ms. Ratliff said, and the tests had come back negative.

“He didn’t have any of the typical symptoms until the cough set in this week,” she said.

Mr. Ratliff was eventually treated for bronchitis and it was later discovered he had contracted Covid-19.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/04/03/world/covid-vaccine-coronavirus-cases#alabama-basketball-covid

Wasn't there a similar incident last year with a tournament and multiple people being exposed? Texas HS basketball, maybe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: