RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#12 California vs #5 Oregon St - 3/03/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/02/21 11:53 pm    ::: #12 California vs #5 Oregon St - 3/03/21 Reply Reply with quote

Pac-12 Conference Tournament - First Round
Las Vegas, LV - 2:00 PM ET

TV: Pac-12 Network (Ann Schatz, Tammy Blackburn)

Video stream:
https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2021/03/03/california-vs-oregon-state (tvpli)

Audio:
https://tunein.com/radio/Oregon-State-Womens-Basketball-s308211/

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/conference.php?id=p12&sport=bbgame&gender=W

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/03/21 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We are one (1) quarter into this first game, and I just know myrtle's already got the mute on for the rest of the whole Tournament. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/03/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Talia von Oelhoffen... If Rueck plans on playing her as a full-time PG whenever Goodman decides to move on, I'm thinking she has a chance to be even better than the PGs that came before her – Goodman, Pivec, Wiese. She's incredibly impressive for a should-be high school senior. Shocked

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/03/21 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yep. the mute button has been activated. Thank God and technology for the mute button.

But hey, Cal is making a run here in the 4th. Scotty perhaps tried to ride his bench a bit too long in an effort to save starters for tomorrow.
VanOelhoffen is truly impressive. And she has the major league long range three.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/03/21 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love that the baby Bears haven't given up. And they have some talent. Don't know what the recruiting looks like but they 'should' be better by next year.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/03/21 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal really improved through the season. I have hopes for returning to post season play next year. This is based on the injured players Jazlen Green, Cailyn Crocker and Alma Elsnitz as well as the improvement of the freshmen and sophomores, not any further recruits.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/03/21 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They unsurprisingly brought up the signature 'greatness' of the Pac-12 multiple times, which was of course n a u s e a t i n g. But I will say, not many other conference tournaments tend to feature a 5-12 matchup that's strangely competitive more times than not. Now watch, the 8-9 matchup that follows this game is gonna be a blowout. Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/03/21 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Cal really improved through the season. I have hopes for returning to post season play next year. This is based on the injured players Jazlen Green, Cailyn Crocker and Alma Elsnitz as well as the improvement of the freshmen and sophomores, not any further recruits.

I was just thinking that with the pandemic and therefore less opportunity for other teams to see California recruits, you might be able to sneak in a recruit that came in under the radar, based on past performance. But maybe that's a false hope. You have a couple of talented Freshman bigs for a foundation and that tends to be a harder position to fill than little guards. McIntosh is also a good small guard. Obviously I know nothing about the three injured players you mention. Anyway I wish you well and hope the Bears become competitive next year (so long as they don't beat the Trees across the Bay)

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/03/21 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, Cal was ranked 7th in their recruiting class for this year. Charmin Smith just has to be able to keep her recruits here for the next 3-4 years. If she does, I think she'll continue to get good recruits along the way, even if it doesn't end up in Top-10 classes more times than not. Imo talent attracts more talent, and Cal has a bunch of it in its freshmen (and its sophomores). I still think Cal will be fine, so long as Smith proves she's a halfway-decent coach. Today's performance did help her out in that regard; Coaching imo was not the/a reason why the team finished 1-16 this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: