RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Another NWBL Team in Trouble Already

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/16/05 10:13 am    ::: Another NWBL Team in Trouble Already Reply Reply with quote

Lubbock should be next to bite the dust.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/021205/pro_0212050076.shtml

They league has been showing Average Attendance on the front page; it's down to 1,355, and the total number of games listed does NOT include 100% of the games per the standings. Wonder what attendance was there?

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 02/16/05 11:45 am    ::: Re: Another NWBL Team in Trouble Already Reply Reply with quote

No offense but there's about 1,000 people in Lubbock...unless EVERYONE goes to the game, attendance won't be that great! That's not to say that big cities guarantee good turnouts, they don't but I think the team would stand a better chance.

dtsnms wrote:
Lubbock should be next to bite the dust.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/021205/pro_0212050076.shtml

They league has been showing Average Attendance on the front page; it's down to 1,355, and the total number of games listed does NOT include 100% of the games per the standings. Wonder what attendance was there?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/16/05 11:48 am    ::: Re: Another NWBL Team in Trouble Already Reply Reply with quote

I don't know how the Blaze are making it. There was maybe 200 at the game a couple weeks ago. They treat the fans right too. It's too bad.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/16/05 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovy, read the article on the NWBL web site about the game in Colorado.

Tamika wasn't supposed to play but because she was coming in for the All star game, she came and played anyway. Class act.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/16/05 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She amazes me. She went way out of her way to be there for Saturday's game (Feb 5) She actually emailed me the day before to say she was finally sure she'd be playing.
Remember when she played in the all-star game with a broken nose?
One day she can host a TV show called, "America's Top ROLE Model"

Smoovie

PostPosted: 02/16/05 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
She amazes me. She went way out of her way to be there for Saturday's game (Feb 5) She actually emailed me the day before to say she was finally sure she'd be playing.

That girl stays on the move. I don't know where she finds the time. If I never heard from her, I would totally understand.

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/16/05 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:

Gee, how do I get on the A list so I get email from her too? Dani would freak! Shocked

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/16/05 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

double post! Shocked my first on this board ever!

Last edited by dtsnms on 02/16/05 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/16/05 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I emailed her through her website (somewhere there is a place to email her)
I've met kids in a few different cities who say she stays in touch with them.
Smoovie's right - she's so busy there are times you won't hear from her for a while.
I printed her "week in the life of Tamika" thing and posted it on the fridge. If I ever think I'm working hard I remember what Superwoman is doing and I have the motivation to work harder.

blzntr33s

PostPosted: 02/16/05 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
I emailed her through her website (somewhere there is a place to email her)
I've met kids in a few different cities who say she stays in touch with them.
Smoovie's right - she's so busy there are times you won't hear from her for a while.

Yeah, but she's so classy, that she'll get back to you eventually. Like everyone else, I can't imagine how she does it. She definitely inspires me to hustle more in life.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/16/05 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm still amazed when players like Tamika, Alana, Diana, etc. remember Dani when they see her, after seeing her so rarely.

Not name of course, but always the smile and they approach her, so I know it's not just "a cute fan" smile and talk. Plus the familiarity they talk to me with also.

The more I think of it, the more pissed I get that those two guys are running the NWBL into the ground, and that idiots like that guy in Chicago don't know what these ladies are (a) all about (b) capable of!!!!!! Surprised

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/16/05 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've noticed as a male fan of women's basketball that often the players (especially college) really appreciate that we see them as athletes and they remember us even if we only met once.
Noelle Quinn reminds me of Tamika a lot.
Adrain is really down to earth too.
Another player that really impressed me is Latoya Thomas. She really appreciates the support particuarly from the few male fans out there.
I felt bad when Tracy Reid was dropped from PHX. - There were so many kids who she knew by name at the picnic they had a few years ago.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/16/05 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
I've noticed as a male fan of women's basketball that often the players (especially college) really appreciate that we see them as athletes and they remember us even if we only met once.
Noelle Quinn reminds me of Tamika a lot.
Adrain is really down to earth too.
Another player that really impressed me is Latoya Thomas. She really appreciates the support particuarly from the few male fans out there.
I felt bad when Tracy Reid was dropped from PHX. - There were so many kids who she knew by name at the picnic they had a few years ago.

You hit on something my wife said, that I wasn't sure about. Do you think they recognize me more than Dani? Since they always go to her, I assumed it was her, but my wife has said she thought it was me.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/16/05 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would think both. I remember when Katie Smith spotted me at the finals a couple years ago, I could tell she was looking next to me for my friend Brian (big Katie fan) She was used to seeing us together in L.A.
The Diana remembered me after she sat next to me at a playoff game in L.A. - she remembered me as "The Tennessee fan who wears the Carolina jersey" lol! Of course she couldn't forget all the smack I was talking about how UT was going to spank UConn next year...
She had the last laugh on that!
Chamique is really kinda quiet but once she talked to me for a bit after a game and she remembered seeing me in a few different cites and signing a jersey for me. I've noticed players will say, "I rememeber you. You're so and so's friend"
You wouldn't think they remember so many of us but usually they do.
Smoovie has to be sure to introduce herself to Tamika as the artist who did the baby ballers!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/16/05 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I gotta know how Smoovie wants us to describe her when all the players want to know who did the baby pictures!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/16/05 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Tennessee fan who wears the Carolina jersey

Yeah, that was obnoxious. The color of that jersey...

You really need to get some Brigade wear. Smile

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/16/05 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have yet to see a photo of the woman, but I'll go out on a limb and say she's FINE!

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/16/05 7:34 pm    ::: Re: Another NWBL Team in Trouble Already Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
No offense but there's about 1,000 people in Lubbock...unless EVERYONE goes to the game, attendance won't be that great! That's not to say that big cities guarantee good turnouts, they don't but I think the team would stand a better chance.

Texas Tech have pretty decent attendance but I think the owners made the mistake of believing it would translate into NWBL attendance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: